Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fall and Rise of The Doogan (and a request for help)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think those folks need to put these over their eyes
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 7.46.14 PM.png
Views:	422
Size:	871.4 KB
ID:	163854
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
      wow here we go again. Let people make their own choices on what to believe. This man is walking proof and here you are saying he is full of it. you are a piece of work I tell you.
      That's the reason why this kind of talk can be so damaging, laymen can't interpret it. He's not walking proof of anything, you need a hell of a lot more than n=1 for that. See below - even in the 60s when we had virtually no therapies for the disease, 2 year survival was ~50%. Did that entire 50% also juice? Or is it possible that the disease and patients have significant variability?

​​​​​

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
      I never interpreted Doogan’s posts as anti-medicine - but rather someone who had reached the end of where medicine can help and decided to try a hail mary.
      Originally posted by Not anti medicine?
      Originally posted by TheDoogan View Post
      In fact, I have rejected chemo, this butchery, this poison.
      >> I am still 100% outside of mainstream medical care <snip> I am now convinced that chemotherapy/radiation kill far more people than cancer does.
      I never thought I'd be skeptical of modern medicine, but my goodness. God willing, I will be LIVING PROOF.
      'll put this into a few million hands, and bring chaos and shame upon the embarrassment that is modern oncology.
      I stayed out of this thread out of respect as I said earlier, but let's be clear - he never gave real medicine a shot and he very much was making anti-medicine statements. He certainly was not at the end of where it could help. The nature of his disease is that some do okay, some don't. Doesn't mean it's curable or that he's cured. He's also only what 1-2 years in? In the grand scheme, that's not a ton of time passed. I wish him the best, but I can't say he's going the right way about this. Steve Jobs comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

What exactly is disgusting about it?
        OP denigrating the medical community is pretty disgusting IMO.

You want to make a point and not have people ignore you then strive to communicate better.
        No. Just wanted to voice my opinion like OP is allowed to do. I'll say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post

OP denigrating the medical community is pretty disgusting IMO.

No. Just wanted to voice my opinion like OP is allowed to do. I'll say no more.
          Well, if he in fact had a terminal diagnoses and is now recovering without modern medicine, a little criticism is expected from him regardless of the actual reason why he is recovering (I am not saying it was the regimen, btw).

Now, if we start seeing Doogan Health products (and ammo) being sold on here after all this then an ulterior motive would be more suspect.
          Last edited by Icecream; 04-20-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

This forum needs a crash course on correlation vs causality as well as anecdotes vs empirical evidence....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Pirate_Global_Warming_Graph.gif
Views:	327
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	164092
            2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

It seems the world has lost track of that difference, grasping at all types of correlations to prove whatever causation arguments they want. Before the internet, we weren’t always so heavily bombarded with people’s lack of critical thinking skill — just the ones in your family and on your block. Now it comes at you from everywhere.

maw

PS…. This is not a comment about TheDoogan’s faith or regimen.
              Last edited by maw1124; 04-20-2022, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Did anyone tell OP that the pieces of the exhaust he was looking for is on group buy right now
                2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Well, if he in fact had a terminal diagnoses and is now recovering without modern medicine, a little criticism is expected from him regardless of the actual reason why he is recovering (I am not saying it was the regimen, btw).

Now, if we start seeing Doogan Health products (and ammo) being sold on here after all this then an ulterior motive would be more suspect.
                  The nature of this disease is that it ebbs and flows. There is no cure, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re expected to pass in a very short period of time. There’s also relatively little data on people in their 30s since most get it when they’re older. Staging of this particular cancer is also very different than others.

I also don’t think his criticism is warranted even with his version of reported events — seems based on his on recount, he had written off medicine as poison from the get go and seems to feel oncologists are evil.

Comment

Gentlemen, allow me to apologize for bringing negativity here; I'm grateful to the administrator for leaving the thread open despite that, even if only long enough for me to explain a bit and apologize.

I would say that I regret the negativity, but the admin is right: I was the one who opened that can of worms with my emotional attacks on a generalized medical industry. For that I apologize; it's just as disrespectful of me to do that here as it is for people to write off my success so easily as anecdotal or a fluke, or as a simple ebb/flow of the condition. (How many collapsed femurs regrow "without treatment"? How many M-spikes return to "<0.1 - not detectable" "without treatment"?)

The truth is that I've always enjoyed (deeply) the anonymity of this forum (I was more active before the forum was rebuilt), in particular the absolute silliness it afforded me. My life doesn't feel very anonymous or silly most days, try as I may to seclude myself. Back when I posted here a lot, I just loved f---ing around, just like I did in my car when I was out on the freeways and rural roads.

So, you medical professionals can trust that when speaking to my audience, I am absolutely nowhere near as combative as I've come off here. In fact, I have many physicians in my audience, and that I've been able to keep most of them on board is, I hope, telling. The negativity I've displayed in this thread toward oncology was, once again, me using this fun space to blow off steam. I hope that makes sense.

Regarding medicine:

Please trust that at the beginning of this, I had no anti-medical bias. In fact, when the first oncologist told me that it was "definitely some kind of cancer" as we awaited biopsy results, my reaction was to hold my wrists out and say "well when can we start chemo? I have four little kids. I need all the time you can give me."

It was only a steady stream of [yes] anecdotes as I hit google during the two weeks before I was slated to start chemo that gave me pause.

So, let me simplify, my brothers:

> I am positive that some, if not most, aspects of what we call 'modern medicine' are true marvels for which we can have nothing but gratitude. A brilliant example of this is the foot-long steel rod that was placed in my leg with minimal invasion upon the collapse of my femur. The surgeon kept my rotten, broken bones in one piece and aligned, which is the only reason they were able to heal correctly. My legs are still the exact right length... I have no pain despite this hardware. That to me is a miracle, and the showering of gifts I've offered this man have been, I hope, a sign of my gratitude for his trade and his devotion toward / excellence within it.

> I have absolutely no goal of steering people completely away from chemo. While I have read of FAR too many healings to be able to kick "the natural stuff" away as anecdotal at this point, I still know just how deeply personal the decision is. It's stressful and it can be nothing short of terrifying to go out on your own. I submit the angry responses here as a small taste of what you'll get from the professionals who believe they're responsible for your well being. That's not a dig, it's only a nod to how personal this whole situation can be. It is 14 months of that kind of attitude (being told that what I'm putting in my body has no bearing on my recovery; that's not what my textbook said so it can't be true and I'd sooner write you off as a lunatic than actually look into the bedrock science of your lifestyle changes) that has caused me to feel the need to vent here.

> Instead, my goal is only this. To help people use "the least toxic solution." What I'm telling my people is this: "Maybe chemo and radiation or surgery will ultimately be right for you. But doesn't it at least make sense to try this route first, for three months, before resorting to those extremely intense treatments?"

Doesn't it? We can all at least admit that the side-effects of chemo/rad are not only common, but often severe.

Even if this disease (and cancer in general) do ebb and flow... what makes them ebb? How can I go from exhausted, pale, and in pain, to feeling amazing? What triggered that? Isn't that trigger worth looking into? (If a cancer drug achieved these results, would anyone here doubt I ever had cancer to begin with? Would I be accused of anecdotal confirmation bias for suggesting that my cure had anything to do with my treatment?) And yet, based on all I've studied, I have every reason to believe that my recovery will be permanent. Maybe I'll be wrong? God knows I've stared death in the face for almost 15 months. I am willing to accept that possibility. But what I know is that I feel incredible and that all serious traces of my cancer have been eliminated, and now I'm wrestling with having the metal hardware in my leg removed this coming winter, while I still can.

So, "least toxic solution" and "try for 3 months." That's my only goal. To make people aware that this path exists, that it is scientifically legitimate in its basis (delivering oxygen to cells and restoring their mitochondrial integrity), and that many medical doctors over the last 70 years have, too, made these conclusions. It's not just conspiracy theorists or self-important natural healers.

It's late and I'm tired, so hopefully this all came out alright.

The long and short of it is: I am sure most medical docs, and even oncologists, are wonderful people with beautiful intentions. I see the problem simply as the division between Acute and Chronic conditions. I do not believe it's been very productive to try to find medical solutions to chronic conditions, or "lifestyle diseases', which is what most cancers are. I am not afraid to admit that, or to acknowledge that the way I lived my life contributed concretely to the formation of this disease.

I have come to believe chronic disease (like almost any kind of cancer; mine isn't special or unique) have only one cause: cellular dysfunction. And that this is caused, almost exclusively, by either Toxicity or Deficiency. (Most of us have plenty of both; perhaps this is why 54% of us will be diagnosed with cancer in our lifetimes, to say nothing of the 80% of chronic conditions every medical dollar is spent treating in the US each year). I have come to believe that if you exist in a chronic state of toxicity or deficiency for long enough, your 'pressure hull' will ultimately begin springing leaks. If those leaks exist for long enough... you get a diagnosable condition. I don't believe it's very helpful to try to categorize or quantify the particular type of condition; I believe it's only helpful to recognize the leak and then to re-orient our lives toward behaviors that yield good health. This is what I believe "my" regimen does. (It's not mine, any more than mathematics are mine. I'm only a reporter; my audience knows that this is what I do).

Some rebellious medical doctors go as far as to suggest that we will one day see chemo and radiation the way we, now, look back on frontal lobotomies. At what point did lobotomy rebels begin seeming more sane than the apologists? These docs say: "how long must we accept the double-think of "kill the body and hope the cancer dies first?"

Tangent: (And absolutely, referring to Steve Jobs: if you don't find the root cause of your cancer, you will die. Natural stuff isn't a panacea or magic bullet, any more than chemo is. What do we know about Steve Jobs? We know only that what he did didn't work for him. Did he keep trying new things? Did he work hard to get to the physical and emotional root causes that created the environment for his cancer to grow in the first place? It seems that he didn't. I know that if I die, it'll be true for me as well. I could write a novel of all the mistakes I was making in my life, even with a supposedly 'clean' and organic diet.)

This is a characteristically Doogan-length reply... I apologize, but it's a deep subject. And, I could go on and on from here.

For example, even mainstream science is now willing to admit that most cancers require years, often decades, to grow to a diagnosable state. So, what's the harm in trying holistic care for 3 months? Mainstream science is now beginning to recognize that we ALL have cancer, all the time. You do, I still do, my 5 year old daughter does. Mainstream science is beginning to understand what some Nobel nominees and laureates have long suggested - that cancer is a natural biological byproduct of life on a sun-orbiting earth, but that our bodies have evolved/been designed with dozens of systems specifically suited to eliminating cancerous cells faster than they can be created. And, that cancer only becomes diagnosable if these immune responses remain suppressed (due likely to toxicity or deficiency) for long enough.

Some elements of mainstream science are now willing to admit that chemo and radiation have absolutely no ability to destroy cancerous stem cells - only the replicating byproducts of those stem cells (tumors, etc). That could be why the best hope for conventional treatment is "remission." Coupled with '...years, if not decades to develop,' we can see a potential situation where conventional treatments are doing little except trading one element of cellular dysfunction (cancer over-growth) for another (chemo side effects). (I need not invoke the anecdotes that speak against chemo... such as an aunt who, despite gaining full remission over her breast cancer but whose life is now in physical shambles, who has said to my family before my ordeal "if it ever comes back, I'm choosing death. I'd rather die than go through chemo again." Again, this is a mother of 7 who achieved the greatest possible outcome conventional treatment can offer, in only 8 months of treatment).

Anyway, everything I've learned points back to that previous sentiment: I want to help people to see that another option exists; and that is why I devoted my resources to consolidating all of that which my team and I came up with along the way into one, smooth regimen. I read over a hundred books on cancer, from the biggest anti-holistic nay-sayers to the studious integrated medicine practitioner, to the most jaded naturopaths, to the most blissful energy healers. Plus, many, many success / survival stories.

I don't think most people will have the time or energy to do that when they are diagnosed. I wanted to make a regimen that would give people who WANT to take the natural approach the best opportunity available to do so. And, icecream, haha: naw, this regimen will be free to the world, forever. Absolutely no profit here. This is a gift from God in my eyes, and I am honored if it helps just one more person.

I'm going to share it now.

Keep in mind: you're not getting the back story. My audience is the only group who has seen this, and they know ALL my disclaimers. ie, just to name a few: This isn't meant to be a scientific piece. There are no citations (yet). This is only an action piece designed for people who ALREADY know they want to try the natural route first. It is not an argument. It's not designed to convince anyone. It's merely an organized presentation of what has worked for many, many people. Another: Enter at your own risk -- I am not technically cured. I still have one blood number elevated. Another: This regimen is changing. Presently I'm still spending a lot on research (my bill yesterday for my little army of foreign freelance medical students was $540 - we are trying to determine what is a therapeutic dose of vitamin B17). THIS REGIMEN IS VERY MUCH IN BETA FORM.

But it's been important that I get it out there to my guys nonetheless. I'm also going to be starting "You WILL Beat This" the DAY my blood numbers are completely clear. I will be a pro-bono cancer coach for the rest of my life. You'll see the logo I had designed at the bottom of each page.

Alright guys, [REMOVED FOR SAFETY] is the link if you're interested. I regret losing my anonymous status on this forum. I have loved screwing around here. This was my warm and fuzzy safe space where a Doogan can act like a Doogan (Doogan was the nickname to my last dog, Reagan).

Either way: please don't let this thread be a source of negativity. I will stop bashing the medical system, even as in my own life I seek to point out that it may not be the best tool for all diseases, and that chronic disease may be one of those tools. Managing symptoms is like a controlled descent in an aircraft. It's good for delaying impact; bad for long term survival.

I appreciate the respect that's been shown to me, especially over such a controversial topic.

May God bless you guys.

Pat
                    Last edited by terra; 04-22-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post

this is such a disgusting take i can only assume it was all made up. stop denigrating the medical community with your made up bullshit and making it about you & your invisible sky fairy and vitamins. i'm not buying one post of yours you charlatan.
                      Please read what I just posted, friend. I will stop denigrating. That said, I challenge you to not couple my personal religious faith with my cancer treatment methods. The two are not related.

You and I both believe that there is a chemical solution to this problem, and that chemical compounds likely hold much of the answer for effectively treating or managing cancer (where negative emotions like stress itself are recognized as a chemical compound in its own right).

The difference, which isn't a reason for arguing (or for my previous emotional attacks), is that some people think synthetic compounds will hold the answer, whereas others (increasingly like me) think natural chemicals - those we were evolved and/or created alongside - hold the answer.

It's all science; there's no hocus pocus. My religious faith only informs my decision-making process in that as a Roman Catholic, one of my filters for scientific evaluation is that notion of Natural Law - where the same earth/evolutionary process/God that gave us dozens of built-in cancer-killing tools probably also gave us external nutrients that, themselves, contain powerful cancer-killing properties.

Again, it's all just biochemistry. And yet, the stuff I'm preaching is too new and un-funded to produce any of the sorts of trials that will satisfy one who can only be satisfied by trials.

Anywhoo - off to bed for me.

Peace be with you, and I hope you can pardon my previous combativeness. Please understand that it's only as a result of having taken a lot of flack for pursuing the 'natural chemical compound' route over the synthetic one.

EDIT: "No- actually... there's only one way to settle this!" *Dr_011 and Pat grin at each other. "STREET RACE!!!!"
                      Last edited by TheDoogan; 04-21-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

"Maybe chemoth and radiation or surgery will ultimately be right for you. But doesn't it at least make sense to try this route first, for three months, before resorting to those extremely intense treatments?"
                        Pat
                        Absolutely not. We see this time and time again. A cancer gets picked up, it’s relatively early. Patient refuses chemo radiation due to preconceived notions. Starts on some natural crap a quack recommends. Do okay for a little while and therefore choose not to pursue medical therapy. Come back a while later, now with essentially anaplastic disease. At that time they’ll agree to salvage therapy, which inevitably fails. Now their family goes on to talk about how their natural therapy bought some time, but they died after starting chemo.

Comment

It's the same correlative/causative attitude that urges people on "my side" of the aisle to demonize conventional treatment because of how quickly people tend to go down-hill once they start treatment.

As I said, I'm also in the firearms space. I've sold a couple hundred thousand copies of my various DVD sets and box sets over the years, and naturally I've had my share of arguments over the merits and risks of an armed, concealed-carrying populace. I'm used to detecting very quickly when anyone is past the point of debate. Politics is like an infectious disease in itself, and unfortunately, healthcare has become political. Maybe you're right? Maybe I'm right. Probably, each case has unique requirements.

That said, I'm adamant and convinced of my pathway in this. If you do have patients, Terra (I'm assuming you must be in the medical field; you seem to have connected some part of who you are to healthcare's image itself) who aim to try "the natural route," it might help if you give them my regimen. Explain to them that a little bit of THC or a few cups of tea isn't going to do jack sh-t. Explain that you know someone who beat theirs, and it requires a level of intensity that will require their full devotion. Explain to them that 'Cancer is a serious disease once/if it gets to the point of diagnosis. It requires serious commitment and devotion to survive, whether one goes conventional or holistic. Just like when under attack from a physical, violent threat, absolutely everything about your life must now become about succeeding against this disease until it's completely gone, and then for at least a year afterward. Ideally, you'll make the cancer-killing lifestyle a permanent lifestyle change. No aspect of your life will likely remain untouched. If it's easy, you're not bringing it intensely enough.'

You'll see in my regimen just what that looks like. I gave up all meat. 80% of what I eat is raw and green. I only drink alkalized water. The page on gut-health, my audience knows, will be completely revamped. I've isolated MANY health issues back to what's known as 'leaky gut,' and thankfully I have found a $200 Aire device and a protocol to measure the severity of this problem, and a Dr. Williams has generously devoted five years to perfecting a particular kind of fermented pro-biotic strain that will repair the GI tract. This dramatically reduced the daily load on the immune system, which allows it to turn and face squarely toward the true threat; the cancer.

I believe those who bring this level of intensity WILL beat it, and not only that, but that their lives will look more incredible on the other side of it than they can imagine. I have come to see disease as an invitation to a better life. Cancer was by far the best thing that ever happened to me. One could argue, better even than marriage and kids, because cancer is what has allowed me to see them and to truly love them, I see now, for the first time. I thank and praise God for it.

Terra, I'd encourage you to open your mind on this. It's not, as I said, 'quacks' pitching 'crap' versus the intelligent, sane medical establishment. That's not it at all. A patient would do very well to realize the disagreement that exists WITHIN the medical community over virtually every possible healing pathway. You say 'quack' and 'crap.' What words describe the morbidly obese doc who tells a certain relative of mine that she's in great health, as he sips a McCafe drink and adjusts one of dozen pills keeping her alive? What permits him to sleep at night, rather than tell her that all her symptoms are connected to her weight and alcoholism? Which practitioner loves/cares for his patient more? The 'quack,' or the lab coat?

I'm not suggesting you change your mind, but I do suggest you open it a little more, Terra. There are shining examples and miserable examples on both side of the "aisle," as if we're not all playing for the same team.

And if all else fails, I'd encourage you to respect people's decisions. After 15 months; for 6 of which I thought I was irreversibly doomed; I learned the value of Live and Let Live. This includes letting people die the way they want to die. And yet, for the fighter, I believe absolutely any cancer - absolutely any stage - represents merely another challenge in life that they will overcome and will walk from as a better person.

God be with you,

Pat

Comment

I’m sorry Doogan, but no. Your advice will be the death of many individuals if they actually follow it. I respect your decision to make your own decisions. I do not respect your desire to misinform people who have a chance.

Your belief that your regimen has any value in treating any cancer is not founded in evidence, science, or research. I am removing your links and locking this thread. Malicious advice is not welcome here.

Comment

Working...
                            X