No announcement yet.

Quietest and best performance exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Scorza... I have the version from Oakville (before sold to Status). I'd do that, or stock with bigger tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
      I purchased a full SuperSprint system on Black Friday. I have the "new" 63.5 mm system headers, w/ the resonator, race cats, and a SPORT muffler. The tone is excellent, and there is a noticeable performance gain on the butt-dyno, but I have no data to back that up. I went with the sports muffler, so I cannot tell you the difference the street may offer. My car is gutted, so exhaust noise is important to me (I know that is counterintuitive) and the system I have is almost the exact same volume as the stock system, with a slightly "deeper tone." The system is heavier than I expected, but I am happy with it. If it is absolute pure performance you want I could make an argument that the lightest system would be the best, as shedding weight on this car has noticeable performance increases, but, people will tell you in theory that 10lbs on our cars is equal to 1 horsepower gain in terms of power/weight ratio. Theoretically.
      All 3 stock supersprint mufflers flow identically.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

The Dinan could be the best sounding/performing muffler of all time, but the dummy side is an absolute deal breaker in my eyes. Seeing exhaust coming from only one side of a two sided design...especially in humid weather... it's so....

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Your car got quieter from larger diameter piping I would guess. The stock muffler muffles very very well.
          I feel like the oversized Section 2 definitely made the car quieter. My SS Race isnt as loud as I thought it would be from years ago but I have Stepped Headers, S pipe and Oversized reosnated section 2 (only resonator) and I feel like the exhaust isnt obnoxiously loud, still loud but not obnoxious which is what I prefer

Comment

Stock muffler sounds good if you want quiet. I ran stock with euro tips for years before going Dixis. Was not a fan of most aftermarket mufflers. Even the SCZA only lasted 2months before I sold it

Comment

Thank you guys for all the input. I was thinking of going the Dinan route but the fact that one side of the muffler is there for a show is a no-no. Plus their tips are ugly too. Now If I can get my hands on a supersprint exhaust with SS race oversized tips would be perfect.

Maybe this is a noob question, whats the difference between SS street and sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
                Stock muffler sounds good if you want quiet. I ran stock with euro tips for years before going Dixis. Was not a fan of most aftermarket mufflers. Even the SCZA only lasted 2months before I sold it
                Do you still have the stock muffler with the euro tips laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Do you still have the stock muffler with the euro tips laying around?
                  No unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe this is a noob question, whats the difference between SS street and sport?
                    probably just a little bit louder, maybe a couple pounds lighter.

Comment

Tonggi How does your set up, with the resonated section 2 being the only resonator, handle rasp?

Comment

Thank you guys for all the input. I was thinking of going the Dinan route but the fact that one side of the muffler is there for a show is a no-no. Plus their tips are ugly too. Now If I can get my hands on a supersprint exhaust with SS race oversized tips would be perfect.

Volume and weight.

Sport is ~15 lbs less than stock and similar volume to the Dinan/Scorza. But, unlike them, it does drone (street does not drone).

Street is ~2 lbs less than stock, and ~stock volume (though with improved tone).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Volume and weight.

Sport is ~15 lbs less than stock and similar volume to the Dinan/Scorza. But, unlike them, it does drone (street does not drone).

Street is ~2 lbs less than stock, and ~stock volume (though with improved tone).
                          curious why you say that....I don't really feel like my SS Sport drones at all. (stock header, CPI RTX, SS resonated X pipe)

Comment

SS sport def drones. I kind of liked it, but it wears on you a bit. Kind of like subwoofer bass after a while.

Your x-pipe might be cutting it down more than stock sect 2. You also have dual resonators in your section 1.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

If I eventually get to a point where it drones, I'll be selling it. I do lots of highway driving and wouldn't tolerate that. I don't dispute that it can drone with certain setups, but in my instance at least it doesn't seem to.

Comment

I run aftermarket headers and stock the rest of the way. It's obviously S54 signature raspy but the volume is great. I don't remember how much quieter stock headers are.

Comment

Working...
                                X