driftworks M3 V10 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driftworks M3 V10 build

Figured I'd bring this back. Their plans for a 10-into-1 front-of-the-engine manifold and gt3 style radiators is pretty insane. Not much room in that engine bay, thats for sure.

I'm a sucker for a stupid idea & what better than a super complicated ten into one exhaust manifold / header setup on an E46 M3 that already barely has enoug...
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
    Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Wow that's ridiculous. They've really gone crazy with this build. Excited to see how it turns out.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Jay has the axle components for my V10 E46 M3 blasted, powdercoated & assembled in no time! (well, 4 days). Using a load of Team Schirmer parts from the spar...

I love how they're putting solid bushings in and Jay basically said "gonna be great to daily and can't wait to swap them out in two months when Phil asks me" 😂😂😂

Comment

Ahhh, I've missed the updates on this build...thanx for bringing it back!

Comment

I love how he's building the car again from the ground up, and reinventing all of his previous work.. It's a shame that it was bought then hit and it sat for like a few years.. such a waste.

Imagine stumbling on a car like that in someones yard? One of the most iconic E46s from back in the day. Can't wait to see it finished again

Comment

Originally posted by pb_e46 View Post
            I love how he's building the car again from the ground up, and reinventing all of his previous work.. It's a shame that it was bought then hit and it sat for like a few years.. such a waste.

Imagine stumbling on a car like that in someones yard? One of the most iconic E46s from back in the day. Can't wait to see it finished again
            Right, at first it was just fixing the damage and cleaning it up which turned into basically stripping the whole thing down to the shell and completely rebuilding it from the ground up. Epic

Comment

This series of videos has really made me appreciate the seamlessness of the stock engine 🤣.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

This has been a very good series, looking forward to see how it progresses.
                '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

This swap in LHD is so much simpler...the steering rack clearance issues seem like a massive pain

Comment

If they moved the engine forward a bit I don't think they would have near the issues they did, but Phil wanted it back so thats how it does.
                    '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                      This series of videos has really made me appreciate the seamlessness of the stock engine 🤣.
                      Right, who know that an s85 swap could be so difficult. 😂😂

Comment

Is it me or are the RTAB brackets installed upside down in their latest video?
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                          Is it me or are the RTAB brackets installed upside down in their latest video?
                          They are.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

It's a cool build and all, but isn't the 10 to 1 front collector exhaust going to make the car even more nose heavy, not to mention making access to the top of the engine a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              100% Agree.

Has made me rethink if this is really something I want to spend the time doing. Well maybe Turner will come out with a S65 swap kit after finishing their project 😋

Btw, not digging this 10 into 1 exhaust idea, seems overly complicated for just a visual purpose, but to each theri own...
                              2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
                              2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
                              Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Working...
                              X