APEX Wheel Design Style Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
    Whatever new designs are launched, apex they should have that anti tire rotation texture where the tire latches on. Even after killing one set of nt01’s mounted on the wheel they moved absolutely nothing. Those things work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our knurled bead seats! They certainly help to keep the tire in place and the wheel/tire balanced on track and are a great feature.

They are currently available on all of our forged wheels and will likely be more widely implemented with other lines going forward.

-Tom

Comment

Completed.

Comment

A bit of a teaser and something of an update to this thread as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWB-Vtrt8cA/

More details to come later this week. Big thanks to everyone that has provided feedback thus far!

-Tom

Comment

Yay more F80/82/87 generation wheels styles
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Looks like were are getting some discount BBS RIAs , I'm down. I went in on the EC7R group buy and they've seen some track time zero issues.
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I just want to see some more original designs that are not blatant knock offs. E is an Advan RG, F is a BBS RIA, I mean I can't be the only one here.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by APEXraceparts View Post
                A bit of a teaser and something of an update to this thread as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWB-Vtrt8cA/

More details to come later this week. Big thanks to everyone that has provided feedback thus far!

-Tom
                Great looking wheel from the teeny snippet posted in the gram. Can't wait to see more
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                  I just want to see some more original designs that are not blatant knock offs. E is an Advan RG, F is a BBS RIA, I mean I can't be the only one here.
                  This is the model chinese replicas follow, no surprise here.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Apex does a decent amount of their own designing but they're limited by what the factory they work with overseas are willing to produce.

if you want original designs you have to find companies that own their own wheel production (Rays/Volk, BBS, Yokohama/Advan)

in any case, the majority of BMW (especially E46) owners don't like to take chances when it comes to aesthetic choices on their cars. the result of the survey says as much

Comment

Really like the new E style, but I didn't select it in my top 3. With spokes that thin, you really gotta have a sexy BBK or at least the cleanest factory brakes you've ever seen.
                      2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Apex does a decent amount of their own designing but they're limited by what the factory they work with overseas are willing to produce.

if you want original designs you have to find companies that own their own wheel production (Rays/Volk, BBS, Yokohama/Advan)

in any case, the majority of BMW (especially E46) owners don't like to take chances when it comes to aesthetic choices on their cars. the result of the survey says as much
                        There's a big difference between designing a wheel based on a common theme, and literally ripping off a design directly.
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

There's a big difference between designing a wheel based on a common theme, and literally ripping off a design directly.
                          fair point, but for some reason this forum doesn't apply the same level of scrutiny over other companies that essentially do the same thing (Karbonius comes to mind)

Apex's value is in making wheels for very specific applications that fit very well.

for example, an equivalent BBS RIA (18x9.5 5x120+23) comes in at a weight and price that is less competitive than any equivalent Apex has ever produced.
                          and good luck getting any type of BBK fitment confirmation from BBS or a stocking vendor as well

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

fair point, but for some reason this forum doesn't apply the same level of scrutiny over other companies that essentially do the same thing (Karbonius comes to mind)

Apex's value is in making wheels for very specific applications that fit very well.

for example, an equivalent BBS RIA (18x9.5 5x120+23) comes in at a weight and price that is less competitive than any equivalent Apex has ever produced.
                            and good luck getting any type of BBK fitment confirmation from BBS or a stocking vendor as well

The karbonius situation is nothing like this apex situation. Karbonius is bringing a product (and products) that is/are for the most part unattainable (and some products that bmw never even made of their own design) at nearly the same level of quality. The focus is quality, apex's focus is price. The only reason to produce in china is for price. Karbonius even aimed to better the stock airbox where apex makes wheels worse otherwise they'd be priced just like bbs.

Apex's value is purely pricing, fitment is an excuse. You can't discuss apex favoritism without mentioning price. People buy them because they're cheap and they look good, well, because they are ripping off proven designs.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Karbonius is bringing a product (and products) that is/are for the most part unattainable (and some products that bmw never even made of their own design) at nearly the same level of quality. .

i would argue that Karbonius is 100% a value proposition in the same sense as Apex is. last i checked bmw still stocks an OE CSL airbox but people just don't want to pay BMW pricing for one
                              for their airbox the claim that they're improving design is just as much of an excuse since their original "revisions" were more along the lines of corrections/fixes.

Apex is making premium forged wheels for our platform and they're US based with undeniable customer service. it's hard to fault them for not making original designs that evidently the community isn't all that hot for

Comment

You can argue what you want, none of my points are invalid.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "premium" and "US based" while transferring money to china bit though.

Comment

Working...
                                X