No announcement yet.

Super sprint or Status Gruppe section 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to contribute, I have always held SuperSprint in high regard, so I ordered their resonated X-pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Supersprint3.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	115453
    Not super impressed with the fitment here. The inner pipe is off by so much the 2 flanges interfere with each other. Had to grind off some metal on the flanges, heated the pipe and forced the 2 parts together. I was expecting better than this tbh. I've removed it now and will have a welder cut it and reposition it. Got an Eisenmann Sport coming so will use that as a jig to get this right.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post
      Not sure what to contribute, I have always held SuperSprint in high regard, so I ordered their resonated X-pipe.

Name:	Supersprint3.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	115453
      Not super impressed with the fitment here. The inner pipe is off by so much the 2 flanges interfere with each other. Had to grind off some metal on the flanges, heated the pipe and forced the 2 parts together. I was expecting better than this tbh. I've removed it now and will have a welder cut it and reposition it. Got an Eisenmann Sport coming so will use that as a jig to get this right.

Regards
      Yikes that looks absolutely terrible.

makes me second guess the ss sec 2 x pipe now. I was set to order…

where did you get it from?

Comment

SS had a number of V1 headers that didn't turn out well at all and never should have never passed whatever QC is in effect. Next to the headers Sec. 2 is the most demanding of factory-like fitment, you either ruin your muffler alignment or the exhaust hits the Subframe/Diff. OPF.
        Wonder if the dual Sec. 2's have had any issues, quite possible I suppose.
        Last edited by Cubieman; 07-17-2021, 10:40 PM.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Ragincajun5220 View Post

Yikes that looks absolutely terrible.

makes me second guess the ss sec 2 x pipe now. I was set to order…

where did you get it from?
          Direct. I managed to force it on, wasn't nice putting so much torque on those 13mm bolts but I got it on and sealed. Can't be bothered with the hassle of returning it so I'll get a local guy to cut and weld that end to fit once the Eisenmann backbox shows up sometime in August.

Not sure if this is a QC issue or if their jig has had a bump by "the new guy" causing a misalignment. But they have several backbox versions they should be able to cross check the fitment on.. IDK. The fit was spot on otherwise. Everything else lined up so it was just that one pipe at the end that was off.

Regards

Comment

I am glad that I found this post as I am also in the same boat. I have read the posts and looks like SS is preferred but are there any real-world results or comparisons on how these 2 handle the rasp? Keeping the fitment and availability separate.
            -Singh
            2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
            BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
            Besian

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post
              I am glad that I found this post as I am also in the same boat. I have read the posts and looks like SS is preferred but are there any real-world results or comparisons on how these 2 handle the rasp? Keeping the fitment and availability separate.
              Running a resonated x-pipe with Eisenmann sport now and IMO it has nearly eliminated the rasp. Driving with the rear seats down I get 2JZ associations with the exhaust sound now, not that it's very loud and my carbon airbox overpowers it greatly. Going from stock sec 3 to the Eisenmann provided a noticeable increase in power, probably a combination of better flow and lower weight.

It is to my understanding that the rasp is mostly down to the way the firing order and the dual pipe exhaust is run. Going to an x-pipe section 2 combines the exhaust pulses from the 2 banks to reduce this rasp (read this somewhere but I understand it's not very scientific). I can only concur with it though after getting less rasp with an x-pipe section 2. Rest is CPI headers, 100cell stainless steel cats, SS resonated X-pipe and Eisenmann Sport.

Had a local guy fix my alignment issue:

Name:	Supersprintfix1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	134017 Click image for larger version

Name:	Supersprintfix3.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	134018 Click image for larger version

Name:	Supersprintfix5.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	134019

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post

Running a resonated x-pipe with Eisenmann sport now and IMO it has nearly eliminated the rasp. Driving with the rear seats down I get 2JZ associations with the exhaust sound now, not that it's very loud and my carbon airbox overpowers it greatly. Going from stock sec 3 to the Eisenmann provided a noticeable increase in power, probably a combination of better flow and lower weight.

It is to my understanding that the rasp is mostly down to the way the firing order and the dual pipe exhaust is run. Going to an x-pipe section 2 combines the exhaust pulses from the 2 banks to reduce this rasp (read this somewhere but I understand it's not very scientific). I can only concur with it though after getting less rasp with an x-pipe section 2. Rest is CPI headers, 100cell stainless steel cats, SS resonated X-pipe and Eisenmann Sport.

Had a local guy fix my alignment issue:

Name:	Supersprintfix1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	134017 Click image for larger version

Name:	Supersprintfix3.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	134018 Click image for larger version

Name:	Supersprintfix5.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	134019

Regards
                Great write up, thank you. Looks like SS fitment issues are more common now. I am planning to pair the x pipe with euro headers + euro cats + SS sport sect 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                -Singh
                2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
                BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
                Besian

Comment

Can we rename this thread "best or worst section 2"?
                  E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Originally posted by Singh View Post
                    I have the SS resonated sec 2 pipe and it completely eliminated any rasp.if that's what you want, then this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by benzthis View Post
                      I have the SS resonated sec 2 pipe and it completely eliminated any rasp.if that's what you want, then this is it.
                      Do you have the 2.25 inch or the 2.5 inch version ?

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post

Single pipe.the double wasn't available at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post

I have the 2.5 inch version and there is zero rasp.

Comment

Working...
                          X