No announcement yet.

Interest in: 1:1 CSL 1 Piece Forged Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am making progress on test. First prototypes looking to be cut shortly and Hypersilver is currently being paint matched locally with my current ZCP wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC08174.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	162011

Comment

Noice
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
        I am making progress on test. First prototypes looking to be cut shortly and Hypersilver is currently being paint matched locally with my current ZCP wheels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	REC08174.jpg Views:	49 Size:	145.6 KB ID:	162011
        Oh man, I'm excited to see how these turn out. Are these 18s or 19s? I like that there's a proper space to put the M badge too, which I sorely missed on the RAC RG4 monolites.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post

Oh man, I'm excited to see how these turn out. Are these 18s or 19s? I like that there's a proper space to put the M badge too, which I sorely missed on the RAC RG4 monolites.
          These are the OEM 19s to be clear. I'm first matching Hypersilver - because otherwise, none of this matters.

Comment

18x9.5 et22 / et35 square OEM 18's would be fire

Comment

I am gaining traction on this. I prioritized the M359 1:1 in forged. CSL is next.

We're starting off with OEM sizing and offsets, and will introduce a 19x10+25.

I'm finalizing Hypersilver paint match too.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by C///M View Post
                Just my opinion, but the original Sportline CS.16 were easily the best CSL replica wheels. I chose to look for a used set of these several years ago instead of the factory CSLs to use for my street wheels. They were essentially a perfect match of the CSL spoke profile, still had the M sticker indent, had slightly more aggressive offsets that were pretty ideal, all while being slightly lighter than OE due to rotary forged/flow-formed construction.

Front - 19x8.5 et35 (20.8 lbs)
                Rear - 19x9.5 et22 (23.4 lbs)

They were so good that a BMW cease and desist letter got them discontinued. If I could make a recommendation, either match those specs exactly or go an inch wider front and back. I'd trade in my CS.16's for the following:.

19x9.5 et35
                19x10.5 et25

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                FWIW, I have the second gen Sportlines on my car now. Offsets are slightly better—et32/et22. They look great to my eye, are much lighter than the OE wheels and are 18s. Had them powdercoated in Hyper Silver to complete the look.

That said, I would be in for this GB if the offsets were similar. The CSL fronts were always too flat for my taste.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by LSB4Me; 06-02-2022, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

FWIW, I have the second gen Sportlines on my car now. Offsets are slightly better—et32/et22. They look great to my eye, are much lighter than the OE wheels and are 18s. Had them powdercoated in Hyper Silver to complete the look.

That said, I would be in for this GB of the offsets were similar. The fronts were always too flat for my taste.
                  Those look f'in perfect. Would be in for 18s cause 19s on LA streets is straight up asking for a bad time.
                  '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                  All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

I am gaining traction on this. I prioritized the M359 1:1 in forged. CSL is next.

We're starting off with OEM sizing and offsets, and will introduce a 19x10+25.

I'm finalizing Hypersilver paint match too.
                    Thank you for undertaking this project. Im sure it requires a good amount of energy, time and patience.

Its amazing to see that after all these years, the E46 M3 platform still has people willing to develop and invest in new products. It really speaks volumes of the platform itself and the love the community has for said platform.

I would be in for 18" but am open to 19" as well.

Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

That said, I would be in for this GB if the offsets were similar. The CSL fronts were always too flat for my taste.
                      Thank you - this is great info.

Currently, the first set I'm looking to get milled would be a 19x9 / 19x10 OEM+ fitment.

Originally posted by TMA View Post

Thank you for undertaking this project. Im sure it requires a good amount of energy, time and patience.

Its amazing to see that after all these years, the E46 M3 platform still has people willing to develop and invest in new products. It really speaks volumes of the platform itself and the love the community has for said platform.

I would be in for 18" but am open to 19" as well.

Keep the updates coming!
                      It definitely does - the CSL project started back in November 2021. Demanding, developing and sourcing quality products as a community is what I believe will allow us to keep these cars on the road forever.

Thanks for the support.

Some updates.

We’ve been making headway into matching Hypersilver in a much simpler paint formulation in collaboration with an industry leading German paint company and an incredibly talented painter & a friend of mine.

This is in preparation of very special, often desired, and never seen wheel projects true to the BMW M DNA for the E46 163M and E92 M359.

It will also allow your local paint shop to paint match your set of wheels locally - without the extremely time consuming process of most Hypersilver formulations.

Hypersilver is usually a tri-coat application requiring perfect preparation, blending and application of multiple coats of different blends to achieve the color shifting effects.

These CHRs are going on the M5 V10. More pictures shortly as I receive the B16s Monday.

We will be testing a lighter sealant primer coat on my CSL wheels, giving members options to replicate with a twist.

Name:	REC09258.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	170620
                      Attached Files

Comment

Definitely interested in this as well. Need another set of wheels to put on the car so I can have my RS-GT’s refinished. I sold a set of ZCP’s years ago and always regretted it.

You’re gonna make me broke though if you keep this up, first supersprint, then diffuser, now this lol

Comment

Thank you - this is great info.

Currently, the first set I'm looking to get milled would be a 19x9 / 19x10 OEM+ fitment.

It definitely does - the CSL project started back in November 2021. Demanding, developing and sourcing quality products as a community is what I believe will allow us to keep these cars on the road forever.

Thanks for the support.

Some updates.

We’ve been making headway into matching Hypersilver in a much simpler paint formulation in collaboration with an industry leading German paint company and an incredibly talented painter & a friend of mine.

This is in preparation of very special, often desired, and never seen wheel projects true to the BMW M DNA for the E46 163M and E92 M359.

It will also allow your local paint shop to paint match your set of wheels locally - without the extremely time consuming process of most Hypersilver formulations.

Hypersilver is usually a tri-coat application requiring perfect preparation, blending and application of multiple coats of different blends to achieve the color shifting effects.

These CHRs are going on the M5 V10. More pictures shortly as I receive the B16s Monday.

We will be testing a lighter sealant primer coat on my CSL wheels, giving members options to replicate with a twist.

Name:	REC09258.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	170620
                          Those look beautiful! I need to repaint my CHs. Could you send me the paint code please. Thank you.

Comment

Interested in 18” or 19”.

Is there an estimate timeline for this?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                              Interested in 18” or 19”.

Is there an estimate timeline for this?
                              I will have the prototype set in hand within 8 weeks.

Comment

9.5 et 30/ 10.5 et 25 would be prime
                                2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                                2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
                                X