VF570 Maintenance/Replacement Parts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VF570 Maintenance/Replacement Parts Thread

Having just purchased a used VF570 kit from an E46 M3 I had some fun sourcing some spare bits for my Z4M, obviously VF can provide the bits but they were very expensive, so I set about sourcing bits myself.

Mechanical Tensioner: 1128 1 427 252 or VKM 38202

Idler Pulley (INA): 532000110

Check Valve: Any check valve with an 0.275" or 6mm inlet/outlet will do.

IAT Sensor (Bosch): 0280130039

Belt: 6PK2040 (I'm running a 6PK2033 with the 2.62" SC pulley).

Air filter: K&N RU-3130

SC support bracket to oil filter housing bolt: M8x120mm 12.9 Cap head. Trim this down to ~110mm if need be.

Lower alternator bolt: 1x M10x1.5x160mm

Lower alternator spacer specs: 25.0mm O/D, 10.5mm I/D, 18.0mm Width.

Throttle body to charge cooler plenum boots: 6x BMW 11617835861 worked fine for me. Tuner Motorsport Silicone couplers also work fine: PN: 003313TMS03KT

SC Pulley:
    • Stock size for the VF570 kits according to VFE is 2.87", Vortech part number: 2A036-287.
    • A 2.7" pulley is available via VFE and the part number is CB257A
    • A 2.62" pulley can be purchased via Vortech, part number 2A036-262. A 2.62" pulley puts you at just under 51K impeller speed at 8200 RPM so you probably don't want to go any smaller than this as the blower has a limit of 52K!

Vortech SC Oil: 009035

Spark Plugs: 6x NGK DCPR9EIX (Iridium) or 6x NGK DCPR9E (Copper)

Charge Cooler Radiator (NRF): 50547

FPR (BMW): 3.5 Bar - 13531729319 or Bosch 0280160597

Injectors (E46 M3): Bosch 0 280 158 117

Injectors (Z4M): Bosch 0 280 156 012

Water Pump: M-8501-L54

Charge Cooler lines: 19mm / 3/4" Heater Hose

Crank Case Vent lines: 16mm or 5/8" Oil / Fuel Hose

Top Radiator Hose (E46 M3): Remove the OEM clips from the stock radiator hose, remove the plastic ends and switch them to the opposite ends and re-clamp.

Top Radiator Hose (Z4M): Purchase 2x 38mm 45* silicone bends and a 38mm hose joiner. Trim the ends to suit and join with a hose coupler. VFE wanted ~$350 for their own hose.

Supercharger outlet to inlet manifold coupler: A 70mm x 75mm silicone straight is a better fit than the OE VF hose, trim it down slightly to suit.

Big thanks to Tom, aka Harber07 for his help with some of these bits.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

Martyn
    Last edited by Martyn; 10-27-2022, 11:29 PM.

Thanks for contributing this to the community!

I‘m really interested to hear if belt slip will be a problem with the 2.62“ pulley. Wondered always how the VF570 didn‘t suffered from belt slip with it‘s 6PK belt, compared to the 7rip ess 550/575 belt.
    …under construction.

Comment

No real sign of belt slip with the 2.62" pulley and the 6PK2033 belt. Currently it's hitting ~12.5psi at 8K.

Comment

Martyn, how much power do you put down currently with the 12.5psi ? Is the engine built or stock?
        …under construction.

Comment

Bone stock motor with 144K miles on the original head gasket, compression was good before fitting the kit though but I'm sure it'll blow up soon 😂😁

I hope to get on the dyno soon.

Comment

I‘m really interested to see those numbers! Keep us updated and keep up your great work!!

I’m between a 2.62 or a 2.87 pulley for my current build.
            Sadly I have no other choice to rebuild my bottom end, because of scratched cylinder walls. I think some affordable rods, pistons and arp head studs will be fine, whatever the v3 blower can do within the max impeller speed (after that highspeed bearings in the V3 or a bigger V7 blower is required)
            …under construction.

Comment

Will do!

Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger_final-1024x842.png
Views:	486
Size:	913.0 KB
ID:	191145

Do you know if the ESS crank pulley is the same size as the stock crank pulley?

I'm sure you'll be good for many miles once it's all back together!

Comment

As the engine is currently out of the car I have measured all oem pulleys and draw them in CAD to maximize the crank pulley and bring down the belt speed. If I have more time during cold season, I will get some quotes from machine shops and let them make a set for me. In the past there where surprising cheap with parts like these. But maybe I will wait and look if I get belt slippage with a 2.62“ pulley on the 6pk belt. The pulley is cheap and worth a try.

According to the spare part list, the ESS 7 rip crank pulley is 137mm (stock is 110.5) and compressor pulley is 77mm. So this should output a impeller speed at around 51.400rpm, but ESS only claims 10psi. Maybe due pressure loss in Air to Air cooler.
                Last edited by S54B32; 11-04-2022, 08:29 AM.
                …under construction.

Comment

Fair enough.

11.35 psi post charger cooler @ 7712RPM.

The Z4M has a fuel cut at 7500 to stop you smashing into the 8000 RPM limiter which is why I'm shifting before 8K. I'm going to change the fuel cut limit to 8K and the hard limiter to 8200 and will pull a log when I can.

Click image for larger version  Name:	boost_log.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	191151
                  Last edited by Martyn; 11-04-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Martyn, would you happen to know what parts are needed to upgrade a VF480 supercharger kit to a VF570? Is it just a pulley, belts, and a tune? I have a VF480 kit that I will be installing next year and am wondering if I can piece together the parts to convert it into a VF570 at a lower budget than their upgrade kit. I already have to go with a custom tune not provided by VF so that part shouldn't be a problem. By the way, a number of years ago I used your Binary tool to help me convert my car from smg to manual as well as do some other things. Worked great so I thought I would thank you for that here!

Comment

No problems.

Does your VF480 kit have the charge cooler in the plenum?

Comment

Yes, the VF480 comes with the charge cooler. Should be the same one as the VF570. They used to advertise the VF420 which doesn't, but I don't see it at their website anymore although I have seen it advertised at some distributors.

Comment

I recon you'll just need a pulley, tensioner, injectors and a retune then.

Comment

Martyn, thanks for the information! I will take a look at what that will cost.

Comment

I have some 600cc injectors that i dont need anymore. If you are still looking for some for your build. They are 100% flow after my last service a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X