No announcement yet.

VF570 Maintenance/Replacement Parts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, can somebody tell me if on the vf570 the water/air cooling system is connected to the car regular cooling system? Or is it independent? If it is do you have to change fluid on the manifold cartridge and/or the front water radiator? Thanks in advance…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's independant.

Comment

Have you done a dyno run after the 2.62? How much did you pick up vs stock pulley?

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
          It's independant.
          Thanks..that's what I thought….had my kit for like 8+ years and I never checked/ changed fluid. So was wondering if that's something that's supposed to be done. I purchased car with the kit already installed and even though I've removed manifold , blower etc, I never removed radiator that came with the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dyagciog View Post
            Have you done a dyno run after the 2.62? How much did you pick up vs stock pulley?
            I've not yet hit the dyno unfortunately.

Comment

Got the car on the dyno over the weekend, I made the following on the stock MSS70:

561.2 flywheel bhp, 400+ lbft torque. I didn't bother to make any further adjustments as I wanted to spend the timing dialling in the MaxxECU.

And with my MaxxECU Race and some tweaking, I still have a little work to do on the mid range ignition timing to bring the mid range up to match that of the MSS70.

What was really interesting though was the air temps coming straight out of the supercharger (pre charge cooler) and it would start at ~35*C and end at 100*C on a 4th gear pull yet the post charge temps only climb a few degrees.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2023-04-03-11_01_15-Mtune-Log-Viewer-log_2023-04-01_124758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	212352

Just goes to show 2 things, the compressor is probably way out of it's efficiency range running a 2.62" pulley, and the charge cooler does a great job.

By the way, the car is on it's original head gasket and 143,000 miles!
              Last edited by Martyn; 04-03-2023, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post

Just goes to show 2 things, the compressor is probably way out of it's efficiency range running a 2.62" pulley, and the charge cooler does a great job.

By the way, the car is on it's original head gasket and 143,000 miles!
                The difficulty dissipating heat when SC'd has always been has always been one of the big knocks against FI for our cars. Would be interesting for you to get out on a track and really beat on it.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                X