Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get more power with Dinan S3-R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to get more power with Dinan S3-R?

I was wondering if anybody has modified his Dinan S3-R E46 M3 to get more boost / power like equivalent of ESS vt2-525/550?

What would it take? A new custom tune, SC pulley, colder spark plugs. But would it requires an aluminum intake manifold? Bigger Injectors?

I know it’s possible but how difficult or expensive to do?

That's an interesting thought! I'd like to know, too.

It would be awesome to see the S3-R with a stand alone, fuel upgrades and e85. Although, part of the beauty of the Dinan kit is being able to remain as stock as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerBrown View Post
      That's an interesting thought! I'd like to know, too.

It would be awesome to see the S3-R with a stand alone, fuel upgrades and e85. Although, part of the beauty of the Dinan kit is being able to remain as stock as possible.

This was true when those cars were still covered/under warranty but now that they are all between 14-19 years old, it would be nice to see Dinan S3-R cars with same hp as AA, VF or ESS kit.

Comment

There’s a kit for sale over here in alberta.
        Would the issue with getting more power out be related to using the stock air box?

Comment

Years ago I was at SCR performance in Colorado for my epic motorsports tune and they had a S3-R in for a smaller pulley. They can be modded but I wouldn't be suprised if the ceiling was fairly low.
          Last edited by Mspir3d; 08-20-2020, 10:14 PM.
          IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Working...
          X