This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lip View Post

It’s not the delay that gets me, it’s collecting full payment 4 months in advance. Retailers and all group buys I have ran or participated in usually charge the full amount right before shipment.

Collecting a small deposit ahead of time? Sure, it’s reasonable.
    If I were running a business I would definitely collect all the money up front on any pre-orders or group buy for 100k worth of parts and if someone didn't want to wait 3-4 mos? Shrug who cares go pay full price elsewhere.

Matt should at least keep everyone in the loop and fucked up how Turner/ECS ain't responding though.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

If I were running a business I would definitely collect all the money up front on any pre-orders or group buy for 100k worth of parts and if someone didn't want to wait 3-4 mos? Shrug who cares go pay full price elsewhere.

Matt should at least keep everyone in the loop and fucked up how Turner/ECS ain't responding though.
      LOL ok, i have my opinion and you have yours.

Clearly I’m not alone in feeling this way. It also wasn’t communicated in advance payment would be due 4 months in advance of delivery.

ECS isn’t a company I’d model a business against. They don’t have the best reputation but here you are defending them. If you ran a business i wouldn’t support you
      Last edited by Lip; 07-10-2021, 06:37 PM.
      2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
      Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
      Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
      Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
      Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
      Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

LOL ok, i have my opinion and you have yours.

Clearly I’m not alone in feeling this way. It also wasn’t communicated in advance payment would be due 4 months in advance of delivery.

First time using the internet? Get over it
        Actually I've been on m3 forums for 20 years now you tryna insult me because I'm speaking facts?

Damn you're really mad about this huh?
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Actually I've been on m3 forums for 20 years now you tryna insult me because I'm speaking facts?

Damn you're really mad about this huh?
          What facts?

This is opinion, not fact

Not mad, just silly to respond to my comment (an opinion) with your own opinion somehow twisting it as “facts”. I have my opinion and if you don’t agree that’s fine but I’m not changing my mind because you shared your OPINION about how to run a business.

We don’t know why payment was collected 4 months in advance or if the estimate we received is wrong. This is a fact. It also was never mentioned we would have a delay on some products when we paid. Reasonable to have delays. Very unreasonable to pay in full for a product arriving 4 months later, especially to a company the size of ECS. Fact.
          Last edited by Lip; 07-10-2021, 06:54 PM.

Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
          Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
          Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights

Comment

What facts?

This is opinion, not fact

Not mad, just silly to respond to my comment (an opinion) with your own opinion. I have mine and if you don’t agree that’s fine but I’m not changing my mind because you shared your OPINION about how to run a business.
            Apparently you're so hot and bothered that it's affected your reading comprehension and you've edited your posts five times already. I stated it's fucked up Turner/ECS isn't responding, not sure why you went ballistic and started attacking me perhaps because I didn't grab a pitchfork with you guys. I'm not on your side and I'm not on Matts/ECS/Turners side. Not sure how my post set you off like that so I'm not going to pour anymore fuel on the fire. You need to cool off.

For the record I've paid thousands several times and have had to wait up to 6 months at times and guess what? I never cried about it online. You paid what like 3k a month ago? Get over it.

I'm done with you but I'll be reading this thread sipping my coffee and injecting common sense when I feel so obliged.

Comment

Apparently you're so hot and bothered that it's affected your reading comprehension and you've edited your posts five times already. I stated it's fucked up Turner/ECS isn't responding, not sure why you went ballistic and started attacking me perhaps because I didn't grab a pitchfork with you guys. I'm not on your side and I'm not on Matts/ECS/Turners side. Not sure how my post set you off like that so I'm not going to pour anymore fuel on the fire. You need to cool off.

For the record I've paid thousands several times and have had to wait up to 6 months at times and guess what? I never cried about it online. You paid what like 3k a month ago? Get over it.

I'm done with you but I'll be reading this thread sipping my coffee and injecting common sense when I feel so obliged.
              LOL ok big boy. You’re a waste of my time. Apparently you cannot read and live in your own world.
              Last edited by Lip; 07-10-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

This boils down to expectation setting and communication. When I ordered it was stated that we would be looking at a mid-July delivery for parts and it was not communicated till after I had paid that it would be October. I’m all for being flexible so long as the party I am working with can do the same.

Between all of forums / groups being solicited to sign up, I would not be surprised if there wasn’t 100-200K worth of parts being ordered here so someone must know what’s up.

Comment

Spoke with Matt. He says his ecs contact is on vacation till next week we soups have an update next week hopefully

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got an email saying ETA was updated, but it's still October 12.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

The last time I spoke with the ECS sale rep, he told me the Oct. time frame is most likely not going to change. Apparently Italians take summer break/vacation and won't start up production again until they all come back to work. I don't know how true that is, but we won't see our orders until mid to late Oct.

Comment

Worst GB ever, right behind the Russian mafia CF rear seat delete. Meet the new GB boss, same as the old boss.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Don't compare this to the russian one.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckA View Post
                            The last time I spoke with the ECS sale rep, he told me the Oct. time frame is most likely not going to change. Apparently Italians take summer break/vacation and won't start up production again until they all come back to work. I don't know how true that is, but we won't see our orders until mid to late Oct.
                            If the delay is caused by this, then that's kind of disappointing. That Italian summer vacation happens every year, in fact we joke about getting Ferodo orders in before their summer break happens.
                            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

So basically ECS dragged their feet long enough approving this group buy that the manufacturing ran into a totally predictable shutdown at the factory.
                              c o o l

Comment

Would be great if I can get a account to look at the pricing, not heard back from anyone...

Comment

Working...
                                X