This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have started

He's shipped out 3x and is now on pace to ship 2-3 per week. This should be wrapped up within 4 to 6 weeks.

Here are some examples.

Attached Files

Comment

another GB going to happen for these - going to order in a few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by audipwr1 View Post
        another GB going to happen for these - going to order in a few weeks
        Unsure - there's an updated trim about to drop. Shadow Line - all bungs in black, along with an updated mold for easier filter fitment.

I'll ask Antonio.

Comment

that dropped - its on their site. If there isnt a slower ETA to deliver of 5-6 weeks and there is a discount below his listed price+shipping - I am in

Comment

Originally posted by audipwr1 View Post
            that dropped - its on their site. If there isnt a slower ETA to deliver of 5-6 weeks and there is a discount below his listed price+shipping - I am in
            I am working on terms!

Comment

It'll be cool if the aftermarket industry created a more reliable flapper integrated in their snorkels. For the price of these air boxes, I don't see how the loss of low end torque is a positive for a street car.

Comment

the flap is a silencer aka muffler
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  the flap is a silencer aka muffler
                  It also limits the amount of air at lower RPMs. It's been documented at CSL registry at the early ages. I recently talked to Active Autowerke about this and they confirmed it as well. The setup to to prevent the loss of sub 3500 rpm torque would be the way BMW did it with a MAP sensor, IAT, and snorkel with flap. However, this low end loss makes zero difference with a track car. But I prefer to have more area under the curve especially at the lower rpms for my street car.

Comment

Image using Active Autowerke in your "appeal to authority" logic fallacy

We should ask Mike at status gruppe too.

BMW, the actual authority, refers to it as a silencer, nothing more. The engine will breathe whatever air it needs to. Limiting available air doesn't help the engine.

Perhaps you've confused posts about flaps being stuck closed limiting power?
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Image using Active Autowerke in your "appeal to authority" logic fallacy

We should ask Mike at status gruppe too.

BMW, the actual authority, refers to it as a silencer, nothing more. The engine will breathe whatever air it needs to. Limiting available air doesn't help the engine.

Perhaps you've confused posts about flaps being stuck closed limiting power?
                      Yea, imagine talking to a BMW shop that tunes BMWs... I'm better off asking people on here who spent $3k like you did on a CSL style airbox if they lost any low end power with no dyno comparisons to justify their biased conclusions. Imagine if I did that! They will probably say I need to cut my rear floorboard to weld plates for topside subframe reinforcement for a purely street car. Do this first, they will say!

m3cutters had a few posts of dyno charts of before the CSL intake and after the CSL intake with no snorkel that showed what I'm talking about. I did some digging a year or so ago when I had a the mod bug to purchase one. And CSL registry forums in the early days had testimony of feeling low on power in the low RPM range when the flapper was removed. If I was truly serious in purchasing one, I would ask Randy from Epic Motorsports as the final deciding factor... but I guess that might be equivalent to asking FCP Euro about it.

This authority you are talking about... did you talk to the BMW engineering team who developed the intake system or did you see the real oem part description? Did they say MAP + IAT was better than MAF?

Comment

Hey Gio,

I believe we chatted on Facebook Groups - I understand your concerns and interrogations.

From talking to manufacturers of CSL airboxes such as Karbonius, Haimus, and others - they don't feel this is an actual problem to solve considering the documented cases of well running S54s with CSL airboxes. They also don't think there's a market for it considering you can source the OEM snorkel - hence the lack of development.

Tuning is probably the primary component to making a CSL airbox work (or not!).

What I can tell you from my personal experience is the OEM CSL tune is somewhat lacklustre, it's what I loaded up to get the car moving knowing I was in for more upgrades this Winter. It runs rich and bogs down in the low RPM - whether that is attribuable to a flap-less snorkel I run is unknown. There are documented cases of OEM CSL cars having these issues.

I plan on getting my car dyno tested in the Spring once the car is back together. I went to see if a 400 crank hp S54 that Obioban sold me on is real
                        Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-29-2023, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Tempting! very beautiful box.

Comment

I want it too !

Comment

Originally posted by zcpm3 View Post
                              I want it too !
                              I'll keep you posted if I have a drop out spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X