This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
    Just a heads up, went to install my SS section 2 twin tube resonated and the hardware it came with is useless/incorrect, which means I'll end up having to source most of the nuts and bolts myself. Definitely something to be aware of so your install doesn't go sideways.
    As in they didn't line up? You connecting to another supersprint piece? Trying to determine level of useless.

Comment

I used most, if not all, of the included hardware. Needed them for sec 1 to sec 2 connection, as well as the sec 2 support bracket since the included spacers must be used for clearance purposes.
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
        I used most, if not all, of the included hardware. Needed them for sec 1 to sec 2 connection, as well as the sec 2 support bracket since the included spacers must be used for clearance purposes.
        Most of it ended up working but there was no nuts for anything, ended up getting some OEM hardware to replace the missing stuff. Just be prepared to go to the hardware store.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Most of it ended up working but there was no nuts for anything, ended up getting some OEM hardware to replace the missing stuff. Just be prepared to go to the hardware store.
          Weird. Mine came with nuts for the sec 1 to sec 2 joint.

Comment

Weird. Mine came with nuts for the sec 1 to sec 2 joint.
            Same here. No hardware for muffler connection though.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

Same here. No hardware for muffler connection though.
              I’ve been using the muffler hanger bolts and nuts for the muffler connection.

Comment

I’ve been using the muffler hanger bolts and nuts for the muffler connection.
                For S2 to S3 I used the Inconel Torx bolts and M10 nuts; but that didn't work on the S1 to S2 connections (SS hardware was used.). Overall I love how this system sounds, I just need a tune.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post

For S2 to S3 I used the Inconel Torx bolts and M10 nuts; but that didn't work on the S1 to S2 connections (SS hardware was used.). Overall I love how this system sounds, I just need a tune.

Those inconnel bolts didn’t work for me - too large. I actually hate how my car sounds with V1 headers, catted sec 1, resonated dual sec 2, and SS Race and Street (switched to street to reduce drone). It just does not sound glorious. My AP headers with Race muffler sounded amazing. One of the reasons why I purchased a Karb intake much sooner than anticipated lol.

Comment

Those inconnel bolts didn’t work for me - too large. I actually hate how my car sounds with V1 headers, catted sec 1, resonated dual sec 2, and SS Race and Street (switched to street to reduce drone). It just does not sound glorious. My AP headers with Race muffler sounded amazing. One of the reasons why I purchased a Karb intake much sooner than anticipated lol.
                    I'm contemplating the Karb intake too!! But, I'm more pleased with the V1 than the boring stock setup.

Comment

Just a heads up, went to install my SS section 2 twin tube resonated and the hardware it came with is useless/incorrect, which means I'll end up having to source most of the nuts and bolts myself. Definitely something to be aware of so your install doesn't go sideways.

This is what's included with the twin tube section 2. Was anything missing?
                      ​

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Epoustouflant; 02-05-2023, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Hey at least Madji shipped it out! I've been getting the run around with a populated shipping tag for the past 3 weeks....guessing he double sold that Sec2 to one of you goons 😑

😂

Comment

Same. We had to use some universal exhaust hardware and gaskets which wasn't a huge deal BUT, it would have been nice to know that beforehand. Meant I lost a day having to go get the stuff.
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

This is what's included with the twin tube section 2. Was anything missing?
                            ​

Yeah there was no nuts or gaskets at all. Wondering if Supersprint messed up?
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Yeah there was no nuts or gaskets at all. Wondering if Supersprint messed up?
                              If the thick plastic bag got cut, it can easily have slipped out. They just put it in the bag and seal it - pretty dumb IMO.

Comment

If anyone needs manifold gaskets, FCP has Gen BMW on closeout--$20 per. Given the price increases, a little more reasonable I guess.
                                Last edited by PSUEng; 02-07-2023, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X