Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new GT variant of the 1:1 CSL carbon diffuser got spec'ed!

This has added fins off the 1:1 CSL carbon diffuser, they are hand made in Germany and really show off the original CSL matching 1x1 pre-preg carbon work.
    Glad to see this option being adopted by a few of you.

Hopefully we start seeing more of these installed - I'm thinking about getting one. If there's interest on a limited group buy for these, let me know!​

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 3.54.42 AM.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	228452
    Attached Files

Comment

​​
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Production Updates x New Forged Carbon variant.

The latest 3x 1:1 CSL carbon diffusers are ready and about to be shipped.

This week, we have a new forged carbon variant of the diffuser going to 9kracing He’s been piling up forged carbon parts for his E46 M3.

René uses the same forged carbon as Lamborghini does with the SVJ. He has a unique relationship with Lamborghini as he restores Diablos with complete carbon panels. I added the weave option to the product listing.

The other 2x diffusers were spec’ed with 1x1 weave with one being color matched to Interlagos Blue Metallic A30 for @ad_garcia04 (on IG) and the other finished in ready to spray primer is going to Canada.

René has further invested into the CSL diffuser production by creating a 3rd negative mold.

The diffuser is available year long under the Exterior Program for the E46 M3 here. The lead time for a new diffuser is currently sitting at 6-10 weeks.

Cheers!
        Matt
        @m3_epoustouflant

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 5.50.08 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	237.8 KB ID:	229857
        Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 5.50.00 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.6 KB ID:	229852
        Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 5.49.56 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.8 KB ID:	229856
        Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-08-21 at 5.50.03 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	229851
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Epoustouflant; 08-21-2023, 07:15 AM.

Comment

René also did my interior trim, I'll take some better shots once I install my new seats and panels. Top notch quality.

Name:	2023-08-21 08.21.55.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	229862

Last edited by 9kracing; 08-21-2023, 07:55 AM.
          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

René also did my interior trim, I'll take some better shots once I install my new seats and panels. Top notch quality.

Name:	2023-08-21 08.21.55.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	229862
            I finally get to see it Looks much better than I expected. Proper looking forged carbon is a rare thing.

Comment

Yeah it's actually really hard to capture on camera ... it doesn't look that wild in person. The camera makes all the flakes stand out. In fact a few people have thought it was the ash wood trim until they looked closer.

Karbonius is making me a few matching pieces as well, splitters and intake. I don't want to go crazy with the forged carbon, just a few accent pieces. Not going to do hood or roof or anything.
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                A new GT variant of the 1:1 CSL carbon diffuser got spec'ed!

This has added fins off the 1:1 CSL carbon diffuser, they are hand made in Germany and really show off the original CSL matching 1x1 pre-preg carbon work.
                Glad to see this option being adopted by a few of you.

Hopefully we start seeing more of these installed - I'm thinking about getting one. If there's interest on a limited group buy for these, let me know!​

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 3.54.42 AM.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	228452
                I am interested in a group buy for the GT variant

Comment

Originally posted by rGTIedge View Post
                  I am interested in a group buy for the GT variant
                  I'm actually just about to launch one for 10x minimum units of the 1:1 - let me see if I can include the GT.

Comment

I'm actually just about to launch one for 10x minimum units of the 1:1 - let me see if I can include the GT.
                    I am interested in either!

Comment

Originally posted by rGTIedge View Post

I am interested in either!
                      It will be

Comment

I finally get to see it Looks much better than I expected. Proper looking forged carbon is a rare thing.

Here's a better shot without the flash, this is what it looks like normally.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

Here's a better shot without the flash, this is what it looks like normally.

I can't see it for some weird reason.

Comment

Diffuser is on... for the most part. I need to do some final tweaking.

Let's just say I didn't have as easy of an install as Tbone. I'll probably write up a review later.

It does seem that mine will eventually line up better than previous posters ITT, but it was most certainly not a plug and play affair.

FWIW the paint on my diffuser seems to be pretty flawless for the most part, paint match is great, and there's very few imperfections in the fiber. Definitely no pin holes. The quality of the part is high end, that's not up for debate.

Fitment leaves a bit to be desired, and that's being nice.

Name:	2023-09-21 16.05.18.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	234784
                            2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                            2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Final fitment.

Maybe.

TBH it could be pulled off again and i would hit the third tabs in from the end with sandpaper to make the bumper 100% flush, it's lightly bulging out where those tabs are. I'm tired of messing with it though, I'll probably just leave it. You can't tell unless I point it out.

To get it to sit like this, I had to sand down multiple upper tabs, and drill 2 completely new holes on the lower outer edges to get the diffuser to tuck in tight, the factory holes made it uneven. As it sits, only 5 of the 6 bottom clips are in, the passenger inner clip doesn't line up at all with the bracket.

Overall am I happy?

Pretty much, it fits really good now, IMO, and the quality is on par with the price.

Would I purchase again?

Yes, because Matt is great to work with, and it ended up coming out great, despite it needing to be massaged.

FWIW this is on a 54K mile car with 0 zero accidents on Carfax.

Name:	2023-09-23 10.46.51.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	234969

Name:	2023-09-23 10.46.58.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	234970

Name:	2023-09-23 10.47.51.jpg
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	234971

Name:	2023-09-23 10.47.05.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	234972

Name:	2023-09-23 10.47.15.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	234973

The thing that is now driving me crazy, is... I never noticed before but my damn Dinan muffler is crooked. The diffuser really makes it noticeable lol.

Name:	2023-09-23 10.48.06.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	234974
                              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Thanks for writing your impressions on this diffuser. I noticed the gap in earlier pics but this one really caught my eye. The gap at the top is definitely noticeable.

If you look at the straight photo of the diffuser and bumper, you will notice there’s not much gas towards the top left but the gap gets wider as it runs along the passenger side.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by c watson; 09-23-2023, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X