This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Stock section 1 probably starts to restrict at ~330whp.

I haven't heard a car with the oversized section and sport muffler in person, so can't comment on that. My guess would be that it still drones.
    No disagreement. If someone is considering all factors, and maybe prioritizing some over others, what about a tone penalty with the reduced exhaust velocity as caused with the oversized section?

One of the commenters said they want to retain that raspy motorsport sound. I would guess part of that appealing sound is due to the higher velocity from the stock tubing. I think Tbone has previously commented on it after swapping around section 2's
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Stock section 1 probably starts to restrict at ~330whp.

I haven't heard a car with the oversized section and sport muffler in person, so can't comment on that. My guess would be that it still drones.
      Can confirm. I have a SS V1 Stepped, but not the oversized header that's connected to the stock sect 1/2 and a Dinan sect 3. Randy at Epic was able to max me out at 329whp saying that the flow seems to have maxed out. I also run a Karbonius intake too.

My next config will likely be the oversized headers to oversized sect 1 into the BW race sect 2/3 setup to maximize the flow.
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

Can confirm. I have a SS V1 Stepped, but not the oversized header that's connected to the stock sect 1/2 and a Dinan sect 3. Randy at Epic was able to max me out at 329whp saying that the flow seems to have maxed out. I also run a Karbonius intake too.

My next config will likely be the oversized headers to oversized sect 1 into the BW race sect 2/3 setup to maximize the flow.
        How do you like the intake? I plan on buying one very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

That BW section 2/3 guts the bottom end and low mid range. Unless it sees no street use, better to go with the oversized SS twin 2.5" IMO.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

That BW section 2/3 guts the bottom end and low mid range. Unless it sees no street use, better to go with the oversized SS twin 2.5" IMO.
            Yeah it's 99% of the time on track, soon to be fully converted to a track car, so that's good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

How do you like the intake? I plan on buying one very soon.
              Took a whole year to get right... mainly cuz the previous owner sold me the car that needed some fixing. I screwed around with 2 tuners that didn't really know what they were doing, but once I went to Randy it was all sorted and the car has been incredibly stable since going with his tune.

I have a ongoing joke with one of my friends to see if he can replicate the same gains with something cheaper. Honestly, it's a lot of money to get some cool noises... But one thing I will confidently say... Kabornious has excellent customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

There will be no uncatted products unfortunately. Is the 5) a catless resonated section?
                Yes, it is a catless resonated section 1 made for the SSV1 headers.

Comment

Originally posted by ASAed330 View Post

Yes, it is a catless resonated section 1 made for the SSV1 headers.
                  Not resonated. All ss sect1s have no resonators, Their sect 2s come with or without resonators.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Not resonated. All ss sect1s have no resonators, Their sect 2s come with or without resonators.
                    You are correct, which is why I asked Alessandro to see if he can make some like their application for the E9x M3. He even pulled a new part number for this. However, since it is new, SS has been difficult to get ECS a cost on this part. Feel free to ping Supersprint to ask about 044022.

Although from what Matt has mentioned, it looks like it will be impossible to get non-catted Section 1 from SS.

Comment

Oh sorry, I missed the conversation on the last page. Would be interesting to see how they do it, and would they leave the bungs in place. it'd still be a catless product, so not sure how'd it be available through group buy per what Matt said about no catless products.

That said, I don't understand why ECS will sell the catless sect 1 (can buy it on ebay from ECS too), but it wouldn't be included in the group buy.

The legal/emmission thing doesn't make sense as, technically, ANY aftermarket exhaust (catless headers/sect 1) is ILLEGAL.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by ASAed330 View Post

You are correct, which is why I asked Alessandro to see if he can make some like their application for the E9x M3. He even pulled a new part number for this. However, since it is new, SS has been difficult to get ECS a cost on this part. Feel free to ping Supersprint to ask about 044022.

Although from what Matt has mentioned, it looks like it will be impossible to get non-catted Section 1 from SS.
                        I would definitely be interested in a resonated 2.5-inch section 1 also if it ends up being part of this group buy.
                        2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                        Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

So will the link be here on the forum or on the OP’s website?

Comment

I'm not seeing the oversized un-catted sec. 1 on ECS.
                            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                              I'm not seeing the oversized un-catted sec. 1 on ECS.
                              According to an earlier post, no uncatted items will be part of this GB.
                              Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post

According to an earlier post, no uncatted items will be part of this GB.
                                I saw that, was just wondering if ECS pulled them.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X