Vincebar Group Buy 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ej257 View Post
    Interested in the Simplified Weld in + Tooling kit. - (USA-Nebraska)
    Updated

Group Buy List:
    1) Slideways (CA) - Epoxy/Rivet Vincebar
    2) Zzyzx85 (CA) - Weld Vincebar (might need tool kit. will verify with my guy)
    3) jlmotorwerks (WA) - Epoxy/Rivet + Tooling Kit
    4) ej257 (NE) - Weld-in + Tooling Kit

Comment

An update about sedan, touring and convertible fitment from Vince and availability of the "stealth" kit:

"The kit fits coupe, sedan and touring. The rear bar itself also fits the vert, but the front gusset cups do not fit the vert.

I do have a few weld-in stealth kits available if someone really prefers that design. But no epoxy/rivet-in stealth kits.
      I just thought it would be easier to keep the group buy to the simplified version."

Comment

Is there somewhere a layman can read a comprehensive summary about the differences between "simplified" and "stealth"?
        2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
          Is there somewhere a layman can read a comprehensive summary about the differences between "simplified" and "stealth"?
          Structurally, none (or at least not with the forces these cars see with stockish power).

The only difference is that the stealth version can be completely hidden underneath the trunk sheet metal and the simplified will still be somewhat exposed (both are still completely hidden by the trunk floor mat).

Stealth:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.8 KB ID:	91992

Notice how the stealth version can be completely enclosed by the old sheet metal:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	9bd64405-632e-4b78-be2d-56f0e4fb84e4.png Views:	0 Size:	535.2 KB ID:	91993

Simplified:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	V058.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.3 KB ID:	91994

Slideways, you should get Vince to come on here. Those threads he had on M3Forum explaining the load paths through the RACP and all that were super informative.
          Last edited by heinzboehmer; 03-16-2021, 12:26 PM.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Group Buy List:
            5) Bimmerrodg (montreal,Canada) epoxy/rivet + tool kit

Comment

Sign me up for the weld in kit.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedBoobs View Post
                Sign me up for the weld in kit.
                Group Buy List:
                6) BoostedBoobs (Toronto, Canada) Weld-in kit

heinzboehmer Will do.

Comment

Sign me up for a kit too, just not sure which one my installer will prefer.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                    Sign me up for a kit too, just not sure which one my installer will prefer.
                    My guess is that most shops will prefer to weld. Added to the list 👍

Group Buy List:
                    7) EthanolTurbo (CA) - Vincebar
                    Last edited by Slideways; 03-17-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Group Buy List:
                      8) bran.stum (CA) - Weld in kit, might need tool kit as well. I’ll verify

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                        An update about sedan, touring and convertible fitment from Vince and availability of the "stealth" kit:

"The kit fits coupe, sedan and touring. The rear bar itself also fits the vert, but the front gusset cups do not fit the vert.

I do have a few weld-in stealth kits available if someone really prefers that design. But no epoxy/rivet-in stealth kits.
                        I just thought it would be easier to keep the group buy to the simplified version."
                        As a convertible owner, what's the benefit to me if I install only the rear bar without the gusset cups?
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post

As a convertible owner, what's the benefit to me if I install only the rear bar without the gusset cups?
                          Thanks.
                          The rear bar would keep the two rear subframe mounts on the RACP connected to the frame rails, so the rear mounts should not pull down the RACP floor like in the linked video. From my understanding, the front mounts, where the gusset cups mount, mainly deal with compression and lateral forces. If the structure above the front mounts on the vert floor is stronger due to the convertible top, then it might not need those, but not 100% sure on this.

This thread seems like it has some good info for topside reinforcement on verts (see post #8) - https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...t-subframe-bar

Edit (added part of post #8):

"From what I learned this kind of bar is essential to stop cracking. Putting reinforcement plates on the underside to repair cracks is treating the symptom not the cause. The bar directly couples the rear mounts to the chassis rails, thereby solving the chassis design flaw that relies solely on sheet metal to do the job (which flexes and eventually fails due to fatigue)"

Click image for larger version Name:	StealthBar.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	51922
                          Last edited by Slideways; 03-17-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Group Buy List:
                            9) K-Dawg (FL) - Epoxy/rivet kit + tooling kit

Anybody in FL have experience with the epoxy/rivet Vincebar?
                            2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Sign me up for an epoxy/rivet + tooling kit.

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post
                                Sign me up for an epoxy/rivet + tooling kit.
                                👍

Group Buy List:
                                9) K-Dawg (FL) - Epoxy/rivet kit + tooling kit
                                10) simonnim (CA) - Epoxy/rivet + tooling kit

Comment

Working...
                                X