Vincebar Group Buy 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I sure hope I end up being a good installer, taking an angle grinder to the trunk will be.....interesting.
    If it's any consolation, there's a lot more room between the racp sheet metal layers than I initially thought there was. I took forever to cut my trunk floor open with a dremel because I didn't want to mess it up and once it was done, I realized I could have used the angle grinder for most of the cutting.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

If it's any consolation, there's a lot more room between the racp sheet metal layers than I initially thought there was. I took forever to cut my trunk floor open with a dremel because I didn't want to mess it up and once it was done, I realized I could have used the angle grinder for most of the cutting.
      I will likely start with the dremel as well taking it slow.
      I sure wish this simplified version could be completely hidden though. I'm sure a person good at this type of thing could make some misc pieces of metal to cover it up a bit more, it's just the side pieces that rivet/weld into the frame area that one really can't make to look OE.

I plan on keeping this car indefinitely however it does bother me that once those cuts are made the value instantly goes down as far as long term value.

Did you follow the instructions on E46fanatics.com or Vince's or both? I need to turn those online instructions into a PDF and have that printed/binder. Since the old forums went away I like to at least have. PDF of these DIYs, you never know.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I will likely start with the dremel as well taking it slow.
        I sure wish this simplified version could be completely hidden though. I'm sure a person good at this type of thing could make some misc pieces of metal to cover it up a bit more, it's just the side pieces that rivet/weld into the frame area that one really can't make to look OE.

I plan on keeping this car indefinitely however it does bother me that once those cuts are made the value instantly goes down as far as long term value.

Did you follow the instructions on E46fanatics.com or Vince's or both? I need to turn those online instructions into a PDF and have that printed/binder. Since the old forums went away I like to at least have. PDF of these DIYs, you never know.
        I actually bought my vincebar off of someone on M3forum about a year before I got around to installing it. So I got to watch and read a tooon of stuff before starting the project. But to answer your question, I think I referenced the e46fanatics post and Vince's instructions equally.

Also don't worry about the looks too much. It'll be completely invisible with the trunk back together.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

yay Paid for my invoice! Glad I was able to jump on this!

Comment

All paid! Thanks Slideways and Vince!

Comment

Received a response but no invoice yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post
                Received a response but no invoice yet...
                Did you try sending Vince a follow up email or reminder? He usually replies within a day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceSE2 View Post

Hey!
                  Aren’t you an old M3F member? I recognize your sig.

You are welcome to join if you can send me your information asa, and pay the PayPal invoice as soon as you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yes I am an old m3f bum. Same user tag. I loved that place back when I'm the day!

Comment

Anyone get a tracking number yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                      Anyone get a tracking number yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                      Yup, mine's already in customs.

Edit: Actually it's out for delivery. Wow that was fast.
                      Last edited by su45; 04-23-2021, 06:55 AM.
                      2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by su45 View Post

Yup, mine's already in customs.

Edit: Actually it's out for delivery. Wow that was fast.
                        where did you see your tracking #? Via Paypal?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

where did you see your tracking #? Via Paypal?
                          Yeah, got an email from PayPal.
                          2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Comment

Just got mine today. River/epoxy kit. Thank you for setting up the GB and Vince for quality product.

Comment

Kit is well made and came with everything you need to install, except the epoxy. Welds are clean and continuous. Even included a bag is Swedish candy for when the job is done. Shipped 4/3 and arrived 4/26 intact and well padded.

Comment

Originally posted by su45 View Post

Yeah, got an email from PayPal.
                                Thanks. i will wait for my email. No rush, looking forward to a complete refresh!

Comment

Working...
                                X