Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before Christmas there was a 10% discount campaign, so I stocked up on rims now. So no longer interested in the group buy.

Comment

I placed an order for E88’s over 6 months ago via Supreme Power and they have been sitting at the BBS USA location for the past 3 weeks now. Their excuse has been delays due to a BBS Race lol. I wish I could have participated in the GB, but those sizes were just not it. It would have been nice to be able to choose your desired width/offset, though I can see how that may complicate the Gb. Oh well!
      Last edited by Good; 02-25-2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Yea, they’re very fast on E88s.
        Will you be running a group buy for these E88s again?

Comment

Does anyone know why the Schirmer spec E88s require spacers?

From THIS page:
          "ATTENTION: Schirmer spacers are required for front axle."
          I know the E88s are typically used for track-prepped cars, but even then, this seems like a really aggressive fitment without spacers. Are they running widened fenders?

For reference, my current wheel setup for a staggered setup is pretty ideal (for me) - max size within reason and no rubbing or rolling.

For comparison:
          Current F: 18x9.5" ET35 || Schirmer F: 18x10" ET 21.5
          Current R: 18x10" ET25 || Schirmer R: 18x10.5" ET 15.5

In the Schirmer setup without spacers and compared to my current wheels, the fronts poke out an additional 0.78" and 0.62" in the rear. I'm 100% certain these will not fit with out aggressive fender/quarter panel rolling.

With some of the shots across the bow on this thread, this might sound like a loaded question but I'm asking from a buyer's vantage point.
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
            Does anyone know why the Schirmer spec E88s require spacers?

From THIS page:

I know the E88s are typically used for track-prepped cars, but even then, this seems like a really aggressive fitment without spacers. Are they running widened fenders?

For reference, my current wheel setup for a staggered setup is pretty ideal (for me) - max size within reason and no rubbing or rolling.

For comparison:
            Current F: 18x9.5" ET35 || Schirmer F: 18x10" ET 21.5
            Current R: 18x10" ET25 || Schirmer R: 18x10.5" ET 15.5

In the Schirmer setup without spacers and compared to my current wheels, the fronts poke out an additional 0.78" and 0.62" in the rear. I'm 100% certain these will not fit with out aggressive fender/quarter panel rolling.

With some of the shots across the bow on this thread, this might sound like a loaded question but I'm asking from a buyer's vantage point.

If you look closely at all Schirmer builds, the fenders have been pulled. I struggled to fit my 9.5/10.5 ET22 E88's on my M3, I have no idea how people fit these Schirmer spec wheels without fender modifications.

EDIT: Schirmer states on they're website: "Fender adjustments will be necessary."
            The Schirmer further development of the classic racing rim BBS E88 for BMW E90 E92 F80 F82 F87 M2 M3 M4! Available in 18 inch in 3-piece drop center version only. The rim stars are made from a high-strength aluminum forging blank. For optimal weight, the spokes are back milled to the classic design and then CNC drilled

So yes, you will 100% need to modify your fenders to fit these wheel specs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	M3-E46_1200x1200.jpg?v=1610972700.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	182545

Click image for larger version  Name:	47281162431_76588c5ffe_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	182546
            Last edited by Good; 08-30-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post
              If you look closely at all Schirmer builds, the fenders have been pulled. I struggled to fit my 9.5/10.5 ET22 E88's on my M3, I have no idea how people fit these Schirmer spec wheels without fender modifications.

EDIT: Schirmer states on they're website: "Fender adjustments will be necessary."
              The Schirmer further development of the classic racing rim BBS E88 for BMW E90 E92 F80 F82 F87 M2 M3 M4! Available in 18 inch in 3-piece drop center version only. The rim stars are made from a high-strength aluminum forging blank. For optimal weight, the spokes are back milled to the classic design and then CNC drilled

So yes, you will 100% need to modify your fenders to fit these wheel specs.
              I completely read right past that (fender adjustment necessary) and I've been on that page probably 20 times. I think I get the Assclown of the Year award.

Thanks for this. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they squeezed huge wheels under these cars. I see it now.
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

I completely read right past that (fender adjustment necessary) and I've been on that page probably 20 times. I think I get the Assclown of the Year award.

Thanks for this. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they squeezed huge wheels under these cars. I see it now.
                So everybody who participated in the GB is pulling they're fenders? I'm a bit confused why this was the only wheel specifications that were available to purchase through this GB. I can't imagine everybody pulling they're fenders just to fit some wheels.

Comment

Think it comes down to tire choice, both size and brand. So PS4S are chunky, but you fit a 245 on the 9.5" and with enough neg camber, you don't need to mod your fenders. But if you wanted to fit the common 265 tire, esp with chunky PS4S, you might have an issue...
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Think it comes down to tire choice, both size and brand. So PS4S are chunky, but you fit a 245 on the 9.5" and with enough neg camber, you don't need to mod your fenders. But if you wanted to fit the common 265 tire, esp with chunky PS4S, you might have an issue...
                    These are pretty aggressive wheel specs. 10x18 + 11x18 ET21.5.

Comment

Working...
                    X