This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good View Post

What's the difference? You have people trying to shut you down, they know they just need to create a account to view pricing, surely they wouldn't be looking through threads to find a price when they can use your website that they're well aware of existing? But it seems you are looking to build a database since you are not directly privately sending individuals a number.
    It’s not about what prices are offered on the Connex, it’s about its visibility.

If you post this here - it endangers the community’s ability to get these prices and new product development. I have stacks of emails from brands worried about this.

I will not purposely and publicly go around the rules set by brands by sending PMs. It’s setting the wrong example.

It’s all laid out clearly here:

Link: https://euroconnex.co/blogs/news/why...eed-an-account
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-24-2021, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
      im just all about transparency in anything...especially when it's something i might spend money on. i dont have any skin in the game in terms of your exposure or other external pressures. i'm just a guy who owns an E46 and your product might be a nice addition for my car....i just want to know pricing w/o jumping through hoops, respectfully.

The products on the Connex aren’t mine. It’s a curated marketplace supported by a community.

I find products members want, and that I personally seek for my car - and leverage the community’s buying power to get new product development, specials and group buys specifically to our needs.

You have skin in the game - by being a part of this community, you’re helping make it all easier. By doing the above - you’re working against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
        Any installed pics?
        Painted version installed pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

The products on the Connex aren’t mine. It’s a curated marketplace supported by a community.

I find products members want, and that I personally seek for my car - and leverage the community’s buying power to get new product development, specials and group buys specifically to our needs.

You have skin in the game - by being a part of this community, you’re helping make it all easier. By doing the above - you’re working against it.
          Obioban liam821
          How do we feel about this? I like having group buys, but I'm not a big fan of prices not being visible here without being forced to register on another site

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Obioban liam821
            How do we feel about this? I like having group buys, but I'm not a big fan of prices not being visible here without being forced to register on another site
            If you want prices displayed - I will pull every single GB from NAM3.

Nobody is forcing you to get deals. This isn’t any different than “PM me for pricing” by most vendors across forums.

The reasoning has been made clear. We will not attract credible brands by displaying below MAP prices.
            Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-25-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Obioban liam821
              I wasn't asked but....

I'm not really sure why everyone is upset with all this. To me the "I can't sign for an account" is 100% ridiculous (don't get mad guys, I love all you crazy dudes). We all create accounts everywhere in order to do anything. One more is going too far?
              • MAP pricing is real, although I'm not sure it really comes into play when smaller vendors are used such as carboproject.
              • Matt has a track record of coming through with what he promises based off what I've seen in other forums.
              • Who else is knocking down the door to organize group buys? I must be missing all that action.
              • Lets us not forget our previous "group by" dufus, aka Leighton. We want to go back to that? (Not that anyone else is organizing group buys).
              • If the products we receive via Matt stink he won't last long (I'll post my review of the diffuser as soon as I get it).
              Last edited by oceansize; 04-25-2021, 02:21 PM.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I wasn't asked but....

I'm not really sure why everyone is upset with all this. To me the "I can't sign for an account" is 100% ridiculous. We all create accounts everywhere in order to do anything. One more is going too far?
                • MAP pricing is real, although I'm not sure it really comes into play when smaller vendors are used such as carboproject.
                • Matt has a track record of coming through with what he promises based off what I've seen in other forums.
                • Who else is knocking down the door to organize group buys? I must be missing all that action.
                • Lets us not forget our previous "group by" dufus, aka Leighton. We want to go back to that? (Not that anyone else is organizing group buys).
                • If the products we receive via Matt stink he won't last long (I'll post my review of the diffuser as soon as I get it).
                Some don’t have MAP - that’s accurate.

However, displaying prices publicly for any brand is a concern for the majors as they don’t want their brands next to this type of discounting - as they feel they’re being used as a lead magnet.

Regarding the product quality: the ability to leverage the community strength in numbers is currently allowing me to discuss and negotiate a “Connex guarantee” on all products that will be curated.

I go to great lengths to curate brands that make quality products - but mistakes happen and what matters is making sure they’ll do the right thing.

This is another benefit to creating an account.
                Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-25-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

A lotta noise for effort that takes all of 1 minute to create an account to see the price.

If you don’t wanna do it then go kick sand...

These group buys are good for the broader community. If you don’t see the value of creating an account to join in then keep walking... or feel free to try to coordinate your own group buy on your own and see how hard it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                  2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

agree to disagree. if a product is being advertised for sale and i inquire as to how much it costs and im told that merely asking is a hinderance/annoyance to the person selling something...that doesn't work for me. thus i posted the question.

we've all been around Group Buys before, we've all been members of various forums before. Group Buys routinely state the product, the price and the required amount of people needed to hit that GB Pricing. that's a well established practice for years and years now.

the fact that we are having this conversation is a product of this situation being outside the norm. asking for pricing should never be a problem. if none of this cannot be done fully transparently from beginning to end, then perhaps corners are being cut or it might just be too early to start threads seeking people to participate.

just my opinion though....so take that for what it's worth lol

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
                      A lotta noise for effort that takes all of 1 minute to create an account to see the price.

If you don’t wanna do it then go kick sand...

These group buys are good for the broader community. If you don’t see the value of creating an account to join in then keep walking... or feel free to try to coordinate your own group buy on your own and see how hard it is!

Well said. A process has been established and if you choose not to follow, then don't. Its also obvious how it would create conflict with regular vendors.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

agree to disagree. if a product is being advertised for sale and i inquire as to how much it costs and im told that merely asking is a hinderance/annoyance to the person selling something...that doesn't work for me. thus i posted the question.

we've all been around Group Buys before, we've all been members of various forums before. Group Buys routinely state the product, the price and the required amount of people needed to hit that GB Pricing. that's a well established practice for years and years now.

the fact that we are having this conversation is a product of this situation being outside the norm. asking for pricing should never be a problem. if none of this cannot be done fully transparently from beginning to end, then perhaps corners are being cut or it might just be too early to start threads seeking people to participate.

just my opinion though....so take that for what it's worth lol

Where you have it wrong is thinking the Connex is about Group Buys. I would have kept it to forums list if that’s what I had in mind.

This would all be understood if you had taken the time to learn about what the Connex is and reading the linked article in this thread - and on the sign up form you’re whinning about.

This situation is out of the norm over your lack of attempt at understanding what this is about.

I can’t help if you won’t read and prefer expressing your grievances about something you don’t want to understand, using what is probably 10-20x the time required to get an account.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Well said. A process has been established and if you choose not to follow, then don't. Its also obvious how it would create conflict with regular vendors.
                          Registering an account requires a fair bit of personal information, and there's no privacy policy on that site as far as I can tell. I think it's pretty understandable why people would be hesitant.

Comment

dude, i invested the time because i care about the board....not so much time invested because i care that much about the product or connex. the topic is about price transparency on the board, not articles and links you want us to engross ourselves with. there's a ton of stuff i could learn about...sure....but to my original point...i just wanted to know how much the parts cost in the group buy without giving up my personal information. im not making this personal about anyone...so dont take it that way. if there are goods or services posted for sale or potential sale on the board, my preference is pricing be fully transparent at first glance....no hoops to jump through or gates to get past. i think thats pretty reasonable.

but i digress after this...yall enjoy.

Where you have it wrong is thinking the Connex is about Group Buys. I would have kept it to forums list if that’s what I had in mind.

This would all be understood if you had taken the time to learn about what the Connex is and reading the linked article in this thread - and on the sign up form you’re whinning about.

This situation is out of the norm over your lack of attempt at understanding what this is about.

I can’t help if you won’t read and prefer expressing your grievances about something you don’t want to understand, using what is probably 10-20x the time required to get an account.

Comment

dude, i invested the time because i care about the board....not so much time invested because i care that much about the product or connex. the topic is about price transparency on the board, not articles and links you want us to engross ourselves with. there's a ton of stuff i could learn about...sure....but to my original point...i just wanted to know how much the parts cost in the group buy without giving up my personal information. im not making this personal about anyone...so dont take it that way. if there are goods or services posted for sale or potential sale on the board, my preference is pricing be fully transparent at first glance....no hoops to jump through or gates to get past. i think thats pretty reasonable.

but i digress after this...yall enjoy.

No account, no price or participation. Pretty simple.

Your personal information including SSN, passwords and credit cards are all over the dark web already. LOL Just saying
                              2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                              Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                              Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                              Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                              Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                              Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Most group buys will ask you to register with some contact details at some point in the process.

The last apex group buy I had to register on their site to see final pricing and confirm my order.

You don’t like the rules then you don’t have to participate... ain’t that hard. 🤷‍♂️

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
                                X