This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
    Most group buys will ask you to register with some contact details at some point in the process.

The last apex group buy I had to register on their site to see final pricing and confirm my order.

You don’t like the rules then you don’t have to participate... ain’t that hard. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same. When I ran group buys I collected it using a Google form.
    2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
    Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
    Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
    Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
    Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
    Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I can’t help if you won’t read and prefer expressing your grievances about something you don’t want to understand

imo this forum is better off without serial group buy peddlers

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

... so you'd prefer to have FEWER group buys?? Interesting...
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Please explain - I'm genuinely curious to hear your logic.

Comment

forums to me are for enthusiasts to learn about new products, diys, and talk shop about a respective car platform. every now and then a forum member will have a great idea on a product and launch it from the ground up. sometimes a vendor will pop in and do the community a solid by throwing a group by. i think that's super cool and consider it part of the organic growth of a passionate fan base.

seeing middlemen who (based on their post history) are only on this forum to make money makes me feel icky (like i'm on social media). i like a deal just like any other enthusiast here, but history has shown that when the sht hits the fan, these types of members are always the last to get burned (if at all) and ultimately, turn away members who had better intentions when they joined the forum.

i just realized this thread is not the general discussion and understand if my post gets deleted

Comment

Ego, it'll make people self-sabotage.

Comment

forums to me are for enthusiasts to learn about new products, diys, and talk shop about a respective car platform. every now and then a forum member will have a great idea on a product and launch it from the ground up. sometimes a vendor will pop in and do the community a solid by throwing a group by. i think that's super cool and consider it part of the organic growth of a passionate fan base.

seeing middlemen who (based on their post history) are only on this forum to make money makes me feel icky (like i'm on social media). i like a deal just like any other enthusiast here, but history has shown that when the sht hits the fan, these types of members are always the last to get burned (if at all) and ultimately, turn away members who had better intentions when they joined the forum.

i just realized this thread is not the general discussion and understand if my post gets deleted

I take offense to that. These types of ungrateful comments get to me. Here I am working on the Supersprint GB for over 50 hours since March, attempting to create an NAM3 specific initial early access discount - and I read this crap. It's guys like you that ruin great things.

I have and will continue to put the M community above my personal interests. It is disgusting for you insinuate otherwise and call me a group buy peddler.

You simply haven't read about my background and what EuroConnex stands for to say this. I suggest you actually spend the time to read this and this and then this.

The purpose of EuroConnex is literally to cut out middle men and improve efficiencies in direct-to-consumer business models for brands - and for them to connect to grassroot BMW M communities to develop new innovative products, bring back discontinued offerings and offer discounts on established products.

By bringing together M communities at large, I am able to negotiate and enact leverage with brands that would otherwise be impossible. In the future, the Connex will most likely allow you to find value on everything you will ever need for your BMW M car: including OEM parts, tires, detailing products, track events, car shows, new BMW cars and more.

But I digress, I'm peddling
                Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-30-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

i consider you a middleman

Comment

i consider you a middleman
                    Don't sign up for a GB, K?

Comment

my favorite group buy you/your company is running is the superpsrint one, which is based on the premise that

- ECS is afraid of selling Supersprint products because of EPA fines
                      - but is unironically working with you to organize a group buy
                      - but you've assured the community that the risk of any illegal fines would be paid by ECS (not the group buyer or you/your company)
                      - but hey guys lets keep that detail hush hush (on this public forum that they have access to) just in case they get cold feet

Comment

Matt, I appreciate your effort and the opportunity to buy parts well below retail.

Group buys going sideways or unscrupulous members benefitting from them are independent, solitary events. Plenty of GBs have gone well. Doesn't euroconnex's method of putting you in direct contact/payment with the actual manufacturer/vendor put you at more ease than previous GBs?
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          Matt, I appreciate your effort and the opportunity to buy parts well below retail.

Group buys going sideways or unscrupulous members benefitting from them are independent, solitary events. Plenty of GBs have gone well. Doesn't euroconnex's method of putting you in direct contact/payment with the actual manufacturer/vendor put you at more ease than previous GBs?
                          Thanks.

His message still rings in my hear. I’m working to develop products for the E46, including a Carbon Driveshaft make exclusively for this platform.

This is what he claims he’s on the forums for and he says this. Evidently, he hasn’t read a single line on the website to know about Factory Direct Payments and product developments.
                          Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-30-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

my favorite group buy you/your company is running is the superpsrint one, which is based on the premise that

- ECS is afraid of selling Supersprint products because of EPA fines
                            - but is unironically working with you to organize a group buy
                            - but you've assured the community that the risk of any illegal fines would be paid by ECS (not the group buyer or you/your company)
                            - but hey guys lets keep that detail hush hush (on this public forum that they have access to) just in case they get cold feet

- We were in talks with Supersprint prior to the EPA curveball.
                            - Fines are imposed to manufacturers and distributors for selling emissions defeating products.
                            - I have been working with ECS to find work arounds to get this GB en route.
                            - The risks you personally run with any catless products are per your local regulations. They will not be available on the GB in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Thanks.

His message still rings in my hear. I’m working to develop products for the E46, including a Carbon Driveshaft make exclusively for this platform.

This is what he claims he’s on the forums for and he says this. Evidently, he hasn’t read a single line on the website to know about Factory Direct Payments and product developments.
                              Its not unexpected at all, based on historical postings on any topic. Let's keep forward progress.
                              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Some users on this forum reek of entitlement. They complain when group buys don’t happen but also complain when they do.

Appreciate your efforts, especially because I know how much work it is to organize one, let alone the number you are organizing.
                                2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
                                Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
                                Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
                                Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
                                Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
                                Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Working...
                                X