This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

This is rare and scarce; we’re talking below 0.5% production *if* you include the Euro GTS. They’re also the highest valued E92s.

PY just isn’t.
    That is a needle in a haystack. Not a huge fan of Lime rock personally. I think the best colors on the E92 are Melbourne, Silverstone 2 and Le Mans. I own an IB but still think Le Mans looks way better on it and flows better with the silver ZCP wheels. But yeah 6MT LR will be cream of the crop E92 M3.

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Your PY is as rare as Steel grey with 3851 unit and Alpine White with 4171 unit worldwide.

And you are lucky to see LSB with 2495 unit worldwide, which is 1228 less than PY

I don't know man. Seems like LSB is on bat every other week. And PY not as much. Even on autotrader right now there are 5 LSB for sale in the country and 2 PY. You guys can quote production numbers all you want but even 10+ years ago I had a hard time finding a PY coupe. Definitely don't need luck to see a LSB since my neighbor parks his on the street every day.

Also my initial argument was never about PY being rare. I just said it was unique. I think it is a very beautiful yellow. Especially compared to yellow from other brands such as chevy or dodge.
    Last edited by Maxima SE; 02-24-2023, 04:36 PM.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

That is a needle in a haystack. Not a huge fan of Lime rock personally. I think the best colors on the E92 are Melbourne, Silverstone 2 and Le Mans. I own an IB but still think Le Mans looks way better on it and flows better with the silver ZCP wheels. But yeah 6MT LR will be cream of the crop E92 M3.
      Japan Red, Santorini Blue, Fire Orange - they're the original Skittles cars on the E9x M3. Everything you listed are run of the mill colors.

You have your own peculiar tastes - the point that I think is being made here is your tastes are not mainstream as defined by market valuations.

I don't know man. Seems like LSB is on bat every other week. And PY not as much. Even on autotrader right now there are 5 LSB for sale in the country and 2 PY. You guys can quote production numbers all you want but even 10+ years ago I had a hard time finding a PY coupe. Definitely don't need luck to see a LSB since my neighbor parks his on the street every day.

Also my initial argument was never about PY being rare. I just said it was unique. I think it is a very beautiful yellow. Especially compared to yellow from other brands such as chevy or dodge.
      You have to remember what BAT is: an efficient market to set prices for cream of the crop examples.

If more LSB trade hand more often and at higher prices than PY, it tells you everything you need to know about PY's value: it's mostly valuable to their owners.

Comment

Japan Red, Santorini Blue, Fire Orange - they're the original Skittles cars on the E9x M3. Everything you listed are run of the mill colors.

You have your own peculiar tastes - the point that I think is being made here is your tastes are not mainstream as defined by market valuations.

You have to remember what BAT is: an efficient market to set prices for cream of the crop examples.

If more LSB trade hand more often and at higher prices than PY, it tells you everything you need to know about PY's value: it's mostly valuable to their owners.

Again I was not talking about how rare those colors are. I was talking about how beautiful they are. I would take Melbourne over Japan.

And more LSBs trade hands on BAT in general, not necessarily at higher prices and not necessarily cream of the crop examples. Last two cars were super high mileage cars that were dumped on BAT and they happily listed them to make a profit. Is LSB worth more than PY? sure it is proven that it is. It is also easier to find for sale than PY. It has been that way for as long as I remember, despite production numbers. That is the only thing I'm trying to emphasize. If there are less LSBs in existence and trade hands more frequently than PY then does that mean PY owners are more happy with the color than LSB owners? You can interpret the data however you wants.

Click image for larger version  Name:	M3.png Views:	0 Size:	756.4 KB ID:	207166
        Last edited by Maxima SE; 02-24-2023, 08:53 PM.
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.5 KB ID:	207184​Beautiful Fn color! Needs red seats and skip the yellow calipers, but damn! Almost looks like one of the colors that used to be in the M stripe. But I was a late teen when Nas first said “no work release; purple M3s and jet skis…” so I’m always into that blurple thing they do.

maw
          Last edited by maw1124; 02-24-2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

And more LSBs trade hands on BAT in general, not necessarily at higher prices and not necessarily cream of the crop examples. Last two cars were super high mileage cars that were dumped on BAT and they happily listed them to make a profit. Is LSB worth more than PY? sure it is proven that it is. It is also easier to find for sale than PY. It has been that way for as long as I remember, despite production numbers. That is the only thing I'm trying to emphasize. If there are less LSBs in existence and trade hands more frequently than PY then does that mean PY owners are more happy with the color than LSB owners? You can interpret the data however you wants.
            There isn’t less LSB in North America, there is less LSB than PY Worldwide! In North America, there 2x more LSB than PY, that’s why you see more LSB in your neighboorhood and for sale That’s why I previously say to check production number in NA and not Worldwide.

Laguna Seca blue in North America
            Coupe=1128
            Convertible=417

Pheonix Yellow in North America
            Coupe=523
            Convertible=208

And LSB are on BAT more frequently since one sold for 90k years ago. Now every LSB owner think their car will skyrocket too!!
            Last edited by Gt4; 02-25-2023, 02:05 AM.
            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Again I was not talking about how rare those colors are. I was talking about how beautiful they are. I would take Melbourne over Japan.

I'm 100% in agreement with you here. As of late, I think LSB are generally owned by short term owners looking to flip 'em and PY have been mostly owned by long term enthusiasts that bought 'em because they personally loved that color.

I did too, until the 25,000$ CAD estimate showed up ahah.

Funny you say that about Melbourne, it was the first M3 I ever test drove in 2011 and put a deposit on it. Ended up in a Space Grey - I was young, and shy? Whatever.

I'm all about them flashy colors.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                Beautiful Fn color! Needs red seats and skip the yellow calipers, but damn! Almost looks like one of the colors that used to be in the M stripe. But I was a late teen when Nas first said “no work release; purple M3s and jet skis…” so I’m always into that blurple thing they do.

maw
                You can quote NAS all day in my Build Journal thread.

If I ruled the world bb!

Comment

PY will never rank in top 25 highest bids. Yellow isn't for everyone so it is a risky investment from a collectors standpoint. Then you have lack of ZCP and rarity of late model cars where PY greatly suffers. Other colors with these specs do very well on bat. Good luck finding an 04-06 PY. You're basically left with a bunch of beat left over 01-02 high mileage cars which perform slightly worse than their poor performing LSB counterpart.
                  I wonder how much a 2004 PY/Cinnamon SMG coupe with 800 miles would sell for. I bet it would make the top 25. 🤔🤔

PY and cinnamon are great IMO, but not when they’re paired together. PY only deserves black lol.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                    I wonder how much a 2004 PY/Cinnamon SMG coupe with 800 miles would sell for. I bet it would make the top 25. 🤔🤔. PY and cinnamon are great IMO, but not when they’re paired together. PY only deserves black lol.
                    I was on the hunt for PY over Imola when I was shopping. Had I found it I’d be rocking it today. The red tail lights on the car make red seats a no brainer IMO. Not for every car but certainly this one, the way the red rear lights wrap around the rear corner of the car.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I was on the hunt for PY over Imola when I was shopping. Had I found it I’d be rocking it today. The red tail lights on the car make red seats a no brainer IMO. Not for every car but certainly this one, the way the red rear lights wrap around the rear corner of the car.

maw
                      Idk if I could rock the McDonald’s theme. Kiwi or LSB would be neat tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

There isn’t less LSB in North America, there is less LSB than PY Worldwide! In North America, there 2x more LSB than PY, that’s why you see more LSB in your neighboorhood and for sale That’s why I previously say to check production number in NA and not Worldwide.

Laguna Seca blue in North America
                        Coupe=1128
                        Convertible=417

Pheonix Yellow in North America
                        Coupe=523
                        Convertible=208

And LSB are on BAT more frequently since one sold for 90k years ago. Now every LSB owner think their car will skyrocket too!!
                        Well that explains my observation. I started looking for a PY back in 2010 and to this day there has always been 2-3x as many LSB for sale at a given time.

I'm 100% in agreement with you here. As of late, I think LSB are generally owned by short term owners looking to flip 'em and PY have been mostly owned by long term enthusiasts that bought 'em because they personally loved that color.

I did too, until the 25,000$ CAD estimate showed up ahah.

Funny you say that about Melbourne, it was the first M3 I ever test drove in 2011 and put a deposit on it. Ended up in a Space Grey - I was young, and shy? Whatever.

I'm all about them flashy colors.
                        It could be. LSB is definitely the more popular of the two colors and I could see how people want to be cool and drive one for a couple years then flip it. I've had my PY since September 2013 and most likely will own it for another 5 years ago. I used to like LSB a lot back in the day too but nowadays I feel like its a little too greenish for my taste and definitely prefer PY over it. BMW just has too many nice blues nowadays and I think Yas Marina would have been nicer on the E46 than LSB.

I'm all about flashy colors too. Imola Z4M, PY E46 and IB '13 E92M 6spd comp. I need purple M next

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

I wonder how much a 2004 PY/Cinnamon SMG coupe with 800 miles would sell for. I bet it would make the top 25. 🤔🤔

PY and cinnamon are great IMO, but not when they’re paired together. PY only deserves black lol.
                        M texture would be amazing on PY followed by black. I agree Cinammon and Imola don't belong on PY and neither does LSB or Kiwi. and with 800 miles that car would sell for big big money regardless of color combo and SMG. Sub 1,000 miles brings the big ballers to the table. Does that car exist or is this hypothetical?
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I need purple M next...
                          Everyone always needs a purple or blurple M3, just like Imola and Cinnamon belong in every E46M. As for LSB, I feel like they were shooting for the iconic Avus Blue of E34M lore and just missed. I agree, too much green. That might be the one color where Cinnamon or Imola don't belong. Or maybe those interiors could save it. Ha!

maw

Comment

M texture would be amazing on PY followed by black. I agree Cinammon and Imola don't belong on PY and neither does LSB or Kiwi. and with 800 miles that car would sell for big big money regardless of color combo and SMG. Sub 1,000 miles brings the big ballers to the table. Does that car exist or is this hypothetical?
                            Yeah M Tex and impulse would also be fine. Said car exists in the US. I posted some photos of it in the BAT thread a while back.

Comment

PY with M-texture, 6spd - 1 of 7 I think?

Oh boy, my bad

Click image for larger version

Name:	REC03861.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	207331

Name:	REC08965.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	207332

Comment

PY with M-texture, 6spd - 1 of 7 I think?

Oh boy, my bad

Name:	REC03861.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	207331

Name:	REC08965.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	207332
                                Where do you get these figures? I have only ever seen them for colors.

I have a PY M-Texture
                                E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                                E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                                E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X