This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post

Where do you get these figures? I have only ever seen them for colors.

I have a PY M-Texture
    Aw! I exaggerated, it's here. Unsure how accurate it actually is - but it's a good ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Aw! I exaggerated, it's here. Unsure how accurate it actually is - but it's a good ballpark.
      There were 4 built for the Canadian market, 2 for the US market. Both phoenix yellow and Mtex were more common in other markets though, so the worldwide production is quite a lot higher. There are a few specs which are very rare in NA but much less so elsewhere.

IIRC the rarest factory combo was oxford green on mtexture with only 10 being ordered world wide. 6 LHD, 4 RHD. One of the 4 RHD ones is for sale atm on one of the japanese auction sites interestingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

There were 4 built for the Canadian market, 2 for the US market. Both phoenix yellow and Mtex were more common in other markets though, so the worldwide production is quite a lot higher. There are a few specs which are very rare in NA but much less so elsewhere.

IIRC the rarest factory combo was oxford green on mtexture with only 10 being ordered world wide. 6 LHD, 4 RHD. One of the 4 RHD ones is for sale atm on one of the japanese auction sites interestingly.
        Where are you getting these numbers, the website linked above only provides numbers for colors for me, and isn’t able to narrow it down to interior combinations, regardless if you select them.
        E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
        E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
        E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Where are you getting these numbers, the website linked above only provides numbers for colors for me, and isn’t able to narrow it down to interior combinations, regardless if you select them.
          It has been like that for me as well for several years now.
          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Yeah that website does not work for interior combos as well, only tells you the colour production numbers. The numbers I got are from SickFinga on the Maxbimmer forum. He is able to pull production numbers.

Comment

I published 2x new entries to the Build Journal! These were fun to write.

“So how deep do you want to go?”

In this entry, the engine gets dropped, and the engine bay gets stripped and sprayed.

[…] but first, we have to talk about what OEM paint means in this context.

I then answer @jo_exclusiv ’s question.

Link to read the extended entry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC8702-2.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	208204

Name:	_DSC8735.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	208203

Name:	_DSC8765.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	208205

"Sun's out, glasses out!"

In this entry, I document the mythical carbon roof conversion to the Karbonius CSL carbon roof.

It's easy as 1, 2, 3 - urgh, no.

Weld it, glue it, bolt it? We settle the roof bow debate.

Up next: we sand the roof and strip the Phoenix down to its shell.

Link to read the extended entry.​

Name:	_DSC9265.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	208211

Name:	_DSC9314.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	208210

Name:	_DSC9290.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	208208

Name:	_DSC9277.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	208207

Name:	_DSC9306.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	208206

Attached Files

Comment

Playing catch up as the car is progressing fast. Here's a new entry!
                Striptease.

In this entry, it's time to strip.

It isn't as sexy as it sounds: harsh chemicals, a lot of scrubbing, some sanding, a lot of patience and we might be in for surprises when everything's off.

The end game is worth it: it's a body reset.

Up next: it's Showtime, Jonathanwill spray her first coats. We will talk primers, and a myriad of sanding techniques to get a perfectly flat panel to truly begin laying down its new colours.

Name:	_DSC9583.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	209788

Name:	_DSC9589.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	209787

Name:	_DSC9661.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	209789

Name:	_DSC9653.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	209784

Name:	_DSC9674.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	209785 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC9728.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	209793

Name:	_DSC9756.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	209794

Name:	_DSC9775.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	209792

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I was on the hunt for PY over Imola when I was shopping. Had I found it I’d be rocking it today. The red tail lights on the car make red seats a no brainer IMO. Not for every car but certainly this one, the way the red rear lights wrap around the rear corner of the car.

maw
                  Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Idk if I could rock the McDonald’s theme. Kiwi or LSB would be neat tho.
                  So my PY was PY over Imola when I got it. It wasn't originally like that, whoever owned it before me swapped it, but either way, yeah... the McDonald's theme was not my favorite. I swapped the interior for a black set.

I don't really have many pictures of it...but

bro'spec
                  E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Damn, that definitely wasn’t it.

Comment

Damn, that definitely wasn’t it.
                      Definitely not for everybody. But that’s part of its appeal. I do things a lot of people wouldn’t do, by design.

Part of the problem is Coupes cover up the Imola😂😂

maw
                      Last edited by maw1124; 03-17-2023, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Picking up the pace, here's another one! This one hurt to write, urgh.
                        Love Tapped.

In this entry, I uncover an uncomfortable truth: these E46s are old and have history you might not be aware of.

No matter its clean title, The Phoenix got love tapped.

Scratches.
                        Dings.
                        Busted brackets and its fix.

The PO didn’t even bother filling them up during the previous low rent respray.

See below for the damage.

Up next: we’re back to regular programming and talking primers, sanding techniques and coating the shell & its body panels.

P.S.: I still have a few spots for ready-to-spray primered CSL Carbon Diffuser for May deliveries.

Cheers,
                        Matt
                        ​​

Name:	_DSC9746.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	210284

Name:	_DSC9733.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	210286

Name:	_DSC9647.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	210281

Name:	_DSC9551.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	210282

Name:	_DSC0720.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	210283
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bam, another one!
                          Looking up, looking blue.
                          Link

In this entry, it's time to prime and sand, sand, sand, and [...] sand.

“You don’t want to polish a turd."
                          - Drey

She gives us a 101 class on sanding. It's where things start looking up, and start looking good.

See below for preview!

Up next, the sanded down shell is back in the boot along with its parts. San Marino gets sprayed.

Cheers,
                          Matt

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0707.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.8 KB ID:	210798
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0692.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	210790
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0687.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	210791
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0694.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	210792
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.4 KB ID:	210793
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0690.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	210795
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0696.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	210794
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0702.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	210797
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC0801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	210796

Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-22-2023, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Looking up, looking blue.
                            Link

In this entry, it's time to prime and sand, sand, sand, and [...] sand.

“You don’t want to polish a turd."
                            - Drey

She gives us a 101 class on sanding. It's where things start looking up, and start looking good.

See below for preview!

Up next, the sanded down shell is back in the boot along with its parts. San Marino gets sprayed.

Cheers,
                            Matt

Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0707.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.8 KB ID:	210798
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0692.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	210790
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0687.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	210791
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0694.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	210792
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.4 KB ID:	210793
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0690.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	210795
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0696.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	210794
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0702.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	210797
                            Click image for larger version Name:	_DSC0801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	210796

Are you doing color match roof even if it’s a CF roof?

I have been looking to get a CF roof for my LSB but want to paint it LSB cause love slicktop color match look haha. I just want CF slicktop for weight reduction but don’t want the CF look!

Was considering cheaper CF roof for that reason but just want it to have the right shape with perfect gaps, don’t care about the weaves
                            Last edited by Gt4; 03-22-2023, 04:13 AM.
                            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

I missed some good color change discussions! Work and life have kept me away from the forum recently.

San Marino is going to look amazing. I considered that when doing my color change but wanted a nonmetallic blue.

Can't wait to see this thing done, Matt! It was this time last year mine was getting sprayed, oh the memories...
                              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                                I missed some good color change discussions! Work and life have kept me away from the forum recently.

San Marino is going to look amazing. I considered that when doing my color change but wanted a nonmetallic blue.

Can't wait to see this thing done, Matt! It was this time last year mine was getting sprayed, oh the memories...
                                Thanks dude! These are truly experiences to enjoy - your work was an inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                                X