Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of updates inbound on the car. This is a summary, believe it or not. Re-assembly is a snooze-fest of never ending lists of SKUs to buy as you find old cars are old: trims break and seals wear.

What blows about the E46 is the ridiculous pricing on some of the SKUs because of how they're made.

So I cheapen out on the MK60 upgrade and went with this also obnoxiously expensive blank upper trim. I have few more in stock and available for anyone that wants it, or to get it painted with your lower trims.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0919.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	244408

Name:	_DSC0932.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	244409

Name:	_DSC0943.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	244407

old///MFanatic I sort of got headlights back on I'm still unsure whether I do amber or clear corner and rear lights.

This shows test fitment with +30mm spacers on the widened fenders.

Name:	_DSC0369.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	244412

The valve covers got pulled to create the new Bespoke S54 Painted Valve Covers product for 2024.

Name:	_DSC0617.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	244410

With the recent 296/284s fitted to my S85, I was reminded this engine was the initiator I'm looking forward to seeing bench power results with these 288/280s.

Name:	_DSC0587.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	244411

New headliner trims, I'm still awaiting the center bezels, trims and panel.

Name:	_DSC0323.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	244413
    The VF Engineering sticker finally got removed.

Name:	_DSC0627.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	244414

The leaking PS reservoir was upgraded to something new I'm about to release.

Name:	_DSC0488.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	244415

The Karbonius CSL trunk got fully fitted - a few adjustment were needed. The diffuser got bolted but not yet fully fitted, we'll pull the lower corners in with the slotted gaps.

Name:	_DSC0225.jpg
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	244416

I'm sticking to chrome grills on this one. It's a classic.

Name:	_DSC5771.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	244417
    Rear seats were fitted with their door cards. I'm awaiting a carbon rear deck and the speakers are FUBAR on the rear door cards. The damaged leather on them irks me.

Name:	_DSC9878.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	244418

Another new, expensive part - the hood cowl.

Name:	_DSC6245.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	244419
    The previously rusted battery bracket was replaced.

Name:	_DSC6216.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	244420
    Briefly test fitted the CSL roof rails - they weren't fitted fully as we keep trims off until final polish and PPF.

Name:	_DSC6225.jpg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	244421
    The cracked vent also got replaced.

Name:	_DSC6385.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	244422
    We eliminated overspray from the previously PY "refresh"

Name:	_DSC6217.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	244423
    We are facing issues with the door stopper on the driver side. These doors aren't plug and play.

Name:	_DSC6301.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	244424
    You're looking at 1,500 USD worth of door seals that need to be replaced.

Name:	_DSC6219.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	244425

Comment

Continued work on test fitment as the prototype forged CSL style wheels are incoming!

I fiddled with height, a bit more, both sides now have the same camber and height settings. Driver side is 30mm, Passenger side is 20mm. It's much more aligned with my final planned specs.

I'm working on a slew of entries on the carbon doors, subframe reinforcement, CSL trunk fitment, and more.

Name:	_DSC1279.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	244921

Name:	_DSC1287.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	244920

Name:	_DSC1312.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	244922

Name:	_DSC1325.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	244923

Name:	_DSC1302.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	244926

Name:	_DSC1292.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	244928

Attached Files

Comment

Super cool restoration. And i will be alone here, but those wheels just look off place, it makes the car look wrong.

Comment

You are not alone lol. Fenders look like a caricature drawing of an e46 m3.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
            Super cool restoration. And i will be alone here, but those wheels just look off place, it makes the car look wrong.
            I agree! I was exploring the most aggressive fitments to document for those that care little about aesthetics and want to maximize tires under the fender. The forged set that's incoming is less aggressive, and will run slightly smaller overall diameter

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            You are not alone lol. Fenders look like a caricature drawing of an e46 m3.
            I won't even pretend - please stay out of my build thread if you'll contribute nothing but your usual negative nagging.

Comment

Then put it in the proper section. It's in the main section so I'll post as I please.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Then put it in the proper section. It's in the main section so I'll post as I please.
                For as much as you think my mere existence is responsible for your bullshit passive-aggressive-bitch-ass attitude, I unfortunately don't have the power to move threads. I also don't think this would solve anything.
                Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-09-2023, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                  Continued work on test fitment as the prototype forged CSL style wheels are incoming!

I fiddled with height, a bit more, both sides now have the same camber and height settings. Driver side is 30mm, Passenger side is 20mm. It's much more aligned with my final planned specs.

I'm working on a slew of entries on the carbon doors, subframe reinforcement, CSL trunk fitment, and more.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC1279.jpg Views:	78 Size:	226.3 KB ID:	244921
                  In this pic the front fenders look like they are poking out and the car is appearing wider in the front compared to the rear? Can you confirm if the front is now wider than the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

In this pic the front fenders look like they are poking out and the car is appearing wider in the front compared to the rear? Can you confirm if the front is now wider than the rear?
                    The pic is taken with a 16mm fish eye lens and the front have a 19x9.5J ET-7 while the rears are on 19x8.0+47.

Comment

The pic is taken with a 16mm fish eye lens and the front have a 19x9.5J ET-7 while the rears are on 19x8.0+47.
                      I can see what wheels it has on and the camera lens angle etc. My question remains, is the front of the car Now wider than the Rear Fender edges?

Comment

I can see what wheels it has on and the camera lens angle etc. My question remains, is the front of the car Now wider than the Rear Fender edges?
                        No, they are now the same. We're still not at M3 V8 offsets of fenders.

Are Vorsteiner group buys happening btw?​

Name:	_DSC4921.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	245144

Comment

No, they are now the same. We're still not at M3 V8 offsets of fenders.

Are Vorsteiner group buys happening btw?​

Name:	_DSC4921.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	245144
                          That'll look good with the wheels once the height etc. is all set.

Where and why did you bring up the Vorsteiner GB from?

Comment

That'll look good with the wheels once the height etc. is all set.
                            Should be fine.

Where and why did you bring up the Vorsteiner GB from?
                            I was hoping to get deals.

Whatever it is I'm going to get you guys hooked up if it happens! BIG TRY lol

Ah ok, you'll chat to them about what exactly? About GBing if it meets your hype expectations?

We ended up chatting over the phone about how small this market is.​

Comment

Bahahhahahaha ok….. I'll play

Get the deal from Vorsteiner directly if you want their parts which I know you don't.

They are limiting the production of the parts so it's pointless for me to try and do a GB with that quantity available and with that little of quantity the discount was so less I just didn't take the conversation forward or to anyone higher up at Vorst.

Comment

Bahahhahahaha ok….. I'll play

Get the deal from Vorsteiner directly if you want their parts which I know you don't.

They are limiting the production of the parts so it's pointless for me to try and do a GB with that quantity available and with that little of quantity the discount was so less I just didn't take the conversation forward or to anyone higher up at Vorst.
                                120x CSL bumpers at 2,500$ is hardly limited.

Comment

Working...
                                X