Casa de Mesa’s M3 color change from blue to blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
    The pic is perfect! I see exactly what you mean. Did you attach it at the top or does the way you routed it provide a friction fit so you don't need to?
    Nope not attached to anything up top. The engine harness provides enough support for it. Haven't rubbed through anything yet either, but I'll update you if it ever does lol.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Those are the slick top coat hook brackets!

51168223047 Left
      51168223048 Right

Thanks for calling that out though. I saw you post that about yours and man, not having those stupid little brackets and having them holding up progress would have driven me nuts!
      And now I know why I could never get my coat hooks on both my cars to fit correctly 😂

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        Nope not attached to anything up top. The engine harness provides enough support for it. Haven't rubbed through anything yet either, but I'll update you if it ever does lol.
        Got it. Friction fit :-) I mess around with it this weekend.

Originally posted by robgill View Post
        And now I know why I could never get my coat hooks on both my cars to fit correctly 😂
        LOL, now that's pretty funny. That also has to suck! Such an easy fix, so much crap to move out of the way to get to it.
        Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Couple quick updates.

Got the headlights in, as well as the trim pieces under the headlights that don't have the high pressure washer nozzles. It's kind of amazing what news lenses will do for the look the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220521_192342.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	177296

Name:	IMG_20220521_192904.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	177294

Also got the fog lights in. I'm still waiting on some BMW clear fogs to show up.

Name:	IMG_20220528_081708.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	177295

Got the windshield cowl plastic trim installed, along with the side skirts that extend into the engine bay. This took me a little while to figure out how they installed, it had been so long since I removed them!

Name:	IMG_20220522_115506.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	177298

Name:	IMG_20220522_192853.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	177300

Installed the windshield washer sprayer. More of the Tesa cloth tape rewrapping! Love this stuff.

Also - regardless of how many times I resize this next photo, it's only showing up 90-degrees off...

Name:	IMG_20220522_192345_b.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	177299

Got the headlined prepped for install. I didn't realize that a space needs to be cut out of the headliner for the rearview mirror wiring.

Sorry again for the twisted first pic...

Name:	IMG_20220522_164005.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	177301

Name:	IMG_20220522_164021.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	177302

Name:	IMG_20220522_164038.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	177303

Interior door panels in.

Name:	IMG_20220527_192820.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	177304
          Attached Files

Comment

I got it running.

With most of the interior bits back in, I got the car on the ground and took for a brief drive. It runs!!!

In these pics, the car is still really dirty. It has paint shop dust on it still, plus all of the dust I created from thrashing on the car to get it ready. Even still, the paint on the car looks amazing.

There are also a few things that need to be addressed:
            • Door gaps on passenger side are off now that all the weight of the windows and doors cards are back in
            • Diffuser still isn't painted yet
            • None of the grills are in - front and side grills - or emblems
            I didn't think I was going to like the anthracite colored wheels at all, but they pick up the carbon large-weave roof really nicely. I like these wheels on this color a lot better than when it was Topaz.

I will use my wife's DSLR sometime to get proper photos, these are still just cell phone shots. But for now... less words, more pics.

Name:	IMG_20220529_193817.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	177308

Name:	IMG_20220529_200415.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	177309

Name:	IMG_20220529_200426.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	177310

Name:	IMG_20220529_200450.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	177311

Name:	IMG_20220529_200436.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	177312

Name:	IMG_20220529_200442.jpg
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	177313

Name:	IMG_20220529_200549.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	177314

Name:	IMG_20220529_200635.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	177315

Name:	IMG_20220529_200620.jpg
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	177316

Name:	IMG_20220529_200453.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	177318

Name:	IMG_20220529_201121.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	177317

Comment

looks like a brand new car ! Great work so far. Need to drop it a bit more or lower the offset if youre running spacers
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                looks like a brand new car ! Great work so far. Need to drop it a bit more or lower the offset if youre running spacers
                Thanks!

The car still doesn't have all its weight in it. It will sit a tad lower once it does.

That said, I don't run the car as low as most. I don't mind sacrificing some performance for looks, but anything lower than this and you're starting to compromise things.

Comment

Came out beautiful. Congrats!!!

I would like to request a Laguna Seca or a Yasarina side by side, when you take it to a local cars and coffee. I am sure the car will be a hit!
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                    Came out beautiful. Congrats!!!

I would like to request a Laguna Seca or a Yasarina side by side, when you take it to a local cars and coffee. I am sure the car will be a hit!
                    Thank you so much! Yeah, I can't wait to get the car next to LSB and YMB and Miami and all the other in-your-face blues. I like them all. Finally deciding on Shark Blue was super challenging, felt like a gamble at times, and a bit blasphemous if I'm being honest, but I'm so glad I did. In person this color hits so much differently than on a phone or computer screen can capture. I know that's really no different than any other color...

I'm hoping when I can get some shots with a real camera, and color correct the shots afterwards, I can capture it as accurately as possible.

Comment

Bruh you raid your granny's linen closet for her tablecloth?

Ride looks good, matte airbox is off the chain.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Beautiful!
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                          Bruh you raid your granny's linen closet for her tablecloth?
                          Yeah, grandma still hasn't invited me back for dinner. She also stopped the supply of gingersnap cookies.

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                          Ride looks good, matte airbox is off the chain.
                          Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          Beautiful!
                          Thank you both! The slog has been worth it. And that Karbonius intake is just one serious piece of kit. They do it up right.

Comment

man thats gorgeous! NOTLSB should be your plates bc its gonna come up everywhere you go, with ppl saying nice Laguna! lol

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
                              man thats gorgeous! NOTLSB should be your plates bc its gonna come up everywhere you go, with ppl saying nice Laguna! lol
                              Ha! I had that exact same thought for a plate!

Comment

Man finally almost there, what an amazing build from start to finish! Just knowing that you went through every single item up to this point must be a huge confidence boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X