No announcement yet.

03.5 LSB on LSB 6MT Restoration / Progress Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSB/LSB M3's are so hot right now. Considering how clean yours is, I would bet you could go for $50k+.
    2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post
      LSB/LSB M3's are so hot right now. Considering how clean yours is, I would bet you could go for $50k+.
      I appreciate the kind words! I was following that auction rather closely. I'll either sell mine privately or list it on BAT when I'm ready to move on. I have a number of people are continuously ask me to sell but I'm just not ready yet. This car is so good all around!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

LOVE IT!!!

Comment

A few updates and pics!

Ordered new M3 mats

Ordered a spare key fob and valet key so I can have a complete set

Installed UUC DSSR and SSK EVO3 with all new shifter bushings

F10 M5 knob and boot retrofitted

Homelink added

Eisenmann Sport with 83MM tips

Here's some random pics I took over the summer

The car will be parked for winter within the next couple of weeks. During that time I'll be collecting some parts to continue refreshing the car. I already have the lines and brackets for my 996 caliper retrofit. I need to refinish the calipers over the winter before I install them in the in spring. I also have all new rear end powerflex bushings.

What do you guys recommend for plates? Turner or should I pay the difference and go with Reddish V2? Spring of 2021, I'll also be replacing the engine mounts, trans mounts, guibo, csb and front control arms bushings.

Long list but once I get most of the bigger items out of the way, I can enjoy the car a little bit before I tackle the Vanos and Rod Bearings.

Thanks for viewing!
          Last edited by SGM330; 10-04-2020, 10:30 AM.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Looking Mint!

Go with the reddish plates. I dont know about the version2 but the standard reddish are better then the Turners.
            2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
            2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
            2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Looking good bro!

Comment

Looking great! Are you really thinking of selling, and if so, why the big plans for 2021?
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
                  Looking Mint!

Go with the reddish plates. I dont know about the version2 but the standard reddish are better then the Turners.
                  Thanks Sandeep!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
                    Looking good bro!
                    Thanks Frankie!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Looking great! Are you really thinking of selling, and if so, why the big plans for 2021?
                      Thanks! I have no plans to sell, that's why I will continue the process of perfecting the car throughout my ownership. Most of my buddy's have 911's, that's the only time the thought of selling comes to mind! However, I love the this chassis and how DIY friendly it is. In a perfect world, I'd love to add a 911 stablemate!

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Gotcha!
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Completed 1 of the big 3 recently.

Dropped the car off at RMP Motors and had Rocco complete the following:

- Redish V2 Reinforcement plates
                          - Powerflex Black Subframe Bushings
                          - Powerflex Black Diff Cover Bushings
                          - Powerflex Black Front Diff Bushing
                          - Powerflex Black Front Control Arm Bushings
                          - Powerflex Black Rear Trail Arm Bushings
                          - Guibo
                          - Diff Pinion Seal
                          - CDV Delete

I also purchased a replacement subframe that I had sand blasted and powder coated so it can be as nice as it can be.

It's night and day in drivability. I love it.

Rod bearings and Vanos are next. I was thinking of replacing rod bearings next season but may replace them in the coming months. Maybe vanos too, who knows. Just want it all done sooner rather than later.

03.5 LSB/LSB 6MT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SGM330 View Post
                            A few updates and pics!

Ordered new M3 mats

Ordered a spare key fob and valet key so I can have a complete set

Installed UUC DSSR and SSK EVO3 with all new shifter bushings

F10 M5 knob and boot retrofitted

Homelink added

Eisenmann Sport with 83MM tips

Here's some random pics I took over the summer

The car will be parked for winter within the next couple of weeks. During that time I'll be collecting some parts to continue refreshing the car. I already have the lines and brackets for my 996 caliper retrofit. I need to refinish the calipers over the winter before I install them in the in spring. I also have all new rear end powerflex bushings.

What do you guys recommend for plates? Turner or should I pay the difference and go with Reddish V2? Spring of 2021, I'll also be replacing the engine mounts, trans mounts, guibo, csb and front control arms bushings.

Long list but once I get most of the bigger items out of the way, I can enjoy the car a little bit before I tackle the Vanos and Rod Bearings.

Thanks for viewing!
                            Where were you able to find these floor mats? I been looking for a longgggg time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

Where were you able to find these floor mats? I been looking for a longgggg time.
                              Same, I pulled mine up last week and the foam bottom is diesntegrating.

Also, what is your complete exhaust setup, and how do you like the eisenmann sport's sound? I have AA headers & muffler and hate the noise it makes.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

Same, I pulled mine up last week and the foam bottom is diesntegrating.

Also, what is your complete exhaust setup, and how do you like the eisenmann sport's sound? I have AA headers & muffler and hate the noise it makes.
                                Not familiar with it. I have the AA headers & SCZA exhaust. Loving every second of it. It’s what I was looking for (not loud & annoying, but a nice deep tone). Quite a bit of rasp @ 4k rpm’s and above, but everyone tells me when they hear me drive by while stepping on it that it sounds spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                                X