• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Thank you SO much!
    Hope they were able to respond back and everything looks good 👍👍👍
    /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

I can put you in contact with an excellent glass service if you still need it. Which shop are you using for the roof etc?

Old, not obsolete.

Comment

I've been trying to get the car ready for the body shop the past month, just to make things easier for all parties like removing headliner and what not. Word to the wise, if you plan on getting new nylons for your seatbelts, I would highly recommend painting the little plastic piece that bolts to the sliding portion for the front seatbelts first. As you can see from the pics below, it was sort of an afterthought for me so I had to tape up the new seatbelts to paint those faded suckers. Mine were also cracking so I tried to epoxy it a little bit to prevent it from further cracking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	seatbeltHardware2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	254963
        Click image for larger version  Name:	seatbeltHardware4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	254962
        Click image for larger version  Name:	painted3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	254966
        Click image for larger version  Name:	painted2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	254964
        Attached Files

Comment

Figured I'd also paint the rear decklid as well. By the way, I've been basically using this Dupli-Color HVP106 Vinyl and Fabric Coating Spray Paint - Flat Black - 11 oz Aerosol Can for all of the little touchup areas, and it is really great.

For the decklid, what I noticed is that because it is fabric, you can actually use a little brush to help blend the paint once dried. Also so it's not all hard and crusty. I just had one of these little brushes laying around from some cheap vacuum I probably purchased.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rearDecklid1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	254968

Name:	rearDecklid4.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	254971
          Attached Files

Comment

The car is in really great condition for being as old as Di Caprio's girlfriend. Going to have the resto shop treat the spot rusting in the trunk...due from the leaking sharkfin antenna.

Name:	interiorGutted.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	254973

Name:	headlinerOff2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	254974

Name:	trunklinerOff.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	254975

Comment

one of our fellow nam3 members had a st40 zcp front bbk kit for sale that I had to pick up....after going back and forth on brake bias for 100 hours, I decided to pair it up with st40 non-zcp rears. this is supposed to give me 62.5%F/37.5%R brake bias which sounds good to me. I really never had plans for a BBK, but the deal was just too good to pass up, and bimmerworld had the rears on sale for $2k. front calipers are black, and rear calipers are red...so i'll probably get them painted bronze orange or something.

I also purchased the HID retrofit from Lightwerkz and also spare headlights...just waiting on Lightwerkz to give me the greenlight to send.

Having a racing sim has been pretty awesome especially in cold months or whenever the car is in the shop...which has been most of my ownership with the E46 so far

Name:	st40rears1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	254981

Name:	st40 zcp front.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	254979

Name:	simRig.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	254978
              Attached Files

Comment

Great updates. Those seat belts Look so classy, I still need to find an UNBLOWN set for my own car as I cant find my original seatbelts anywhere.

The Headlights are going to look amazing when LW is done.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                  Great updates. Those seat belts Look so classy, I still need to find an UNBLOWN set for my own car as I cant find my original seatbelts anywhere.

The Headlights are going to look amazing when LW is done.
                  Curious, but how long after buying the retrofit did it take for LW to reach out to send the headlights in? Seems like they are super busy at the moment.

It’s amazing how difficult it is to find certain parts for our car that are still in good condition :/
                  Last edited by ugaexploder; 02-27-2024, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post

Curious, but how long after buying the retrofit did it take for LW to reach out to send the headlights in? Seems like they are super busy at the moment.

It’s amazing how difficult it is to find certain parts for our car that are still in good condition :/
                    I had it done many years ago and I did by sending them just the bowls to retrofit the projectors. Was easier for me to it this way.

Comment

Alright fellow Georgian, the build is looking beautifully. We should hang out at some point I'm in Buford!
                      It feels like Georgia has only two types of e46m3 drivers, 19 year olds in clapped out coupes, or 78 year olds in verts. Good to see someone closer in age to me lol

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post
                        Alright fellow Georgian, the build is looking beautifully. We should hang out at some point I'm in Buford!
                        It feels like Georgia has only two types of e46m3 drivers, 19 year olds in clapped out coupes, or 78 year olds in verts. Good to see someone closer in age to me lol
                        Haha, you're killing me man! 😂😂😂 I get a kick out of the ATLbimmers group, always seems like some sort of drama going on in there. You're right though, I'll drive on pleasant hill sometime, and I feel so out of place with all the clapped out rides.

For sure, that sounds good we need to go cruising for sure. We have a decent E46 community in our area. Met up with nextlvel and also looking forward to meeting up with Sid_E46 at some point. We definitely have to try and link up for a drive up to NC as well once those guys set that up.

Comment

Haha, you're killing me man! 😂😂😂 I get a kick out of the ATLbimmers group, always seems like some sort of drama going on in there. You're right though, I'll drive on pleasant hill sometime, and I feel so out of place with all the clapped out rides.

For sure, that sounds good we need to go cruising for sure. We have a decent E46 community in our area. Met up with nextlvel and also looking forward to meeting up with Sid_E46 at some point. We definitely have to try and link up for a drive up to NC as well once those guys set that up.
                          ATL Bimmers should be renamed to "Real BMW Housewives of Atlanta", FANTASTIC entertainment.
                          That sounds awesome, I'd love to tag along if my time permits it!
                          If you see a Phoenix Yellow with ARC8s on, honk, just make sure it doesn't have Style 67s on it, because that's not me

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post

ATL Bimmers should be renamed to "Real BMW Housewives of Atlanta", FANTASTIC entertainment.
                            That sounds awesome, I'd love to tag along if my time permits it!
                            If you see a Phoenix Yellow with ARC8s on, honk, just make sure it doesn't have Style 67s on it, because that's not me
                            You are not kidding, top notch entertainment for sure.

Sweet, I'm in a late model Toyota Sienna 99% of the time so if you see one honk at you in the future, don't get mad!

Comment

Facebook groups are almost always a shit show lol.

There are quite a few E46 M3 guys around here but we are just terrible at setting up meets. The CCA meets in Alpharetta every 3rd Sunday usually has a decent turnout and stays chill, CCA also does drives on the Tail occasionally.
                              2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag - Supersprint - BBS - Brembo - PSMax - SDW - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus - Karbonius - AEM

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                              Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

You are not kidding, top notch entertainment for sure.

Sweet, I'm in a late model Toyota Sienna 99% of the time so if you see one honk at you in the future, don't get mad!
                                Will do.
                                Thanks for the contacts of other local members! Looking forward to seeing your car out of the shop!

Comment

Working...
                                X