X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike RT4 View Post

Front: 63N/mm (360lb)
    Rear: 120N/mm (685lb)
    Was there a lot less understeer / more oversteer with that setup?

Or...

If I'm reading this right, max front ride height is ~1.2" lower than stock. Is that correct? If so maybe the reduced camber gain in front balanced it out?
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
      Was there a lot less understeer / more oversteer with that setup?

Or...

If I'm reading this right, max front ride height is ~1.2" lower than stock. Is that correct? If so maybe the reduced camber gain in front balanced it out?
      The car was purchased with these on, so I never got to experience the OEM set-up (although I still have these stored). However, they give 1.27 vs the H&R 1.06 flatride. The ride height was set like this (Front: 640mm as measured from ground to centre of arch and Rear 635mm - same measurement) and the front camber was set to a smidge over 2° on standard mounts. It is/was very neutral and balanced with no ill traits. I'm now running different springs and dampers with much more camber thanks to Turner Hybrid top mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike RT4 View Post

The car was purchased with these on, so I never got to experience the OEM set-up (although I still have these stored). However, they give 1.27 vs the H&R 1.06 flatride. The ride height was set like this (Front: 640mm as measured from ground to centre of arch and Rear 635mm - same measurement) and the front camber was set to a smidge over 2° on standard mounts. It is/was very neutral and balanced with no ill traits. I'm now running different springs and dampers with much more camber thanks to Turner Hybrid top mounts.

Your CSL and garage look great Mike!

Comment

Any specific reasons why the Street Performance vs the RSS? Or did you just get the cheaper ones since the spring rates don't matter as you will be tuning those to your liking anyway?
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Yeah, I just need height adjustable bilstein damper bodies. Not using the springs or stock valving, so paying more wouldn’t get me anything more.

... and if I were keeping the springs, the street setup isn’t far from the rates I’ll be running.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Springs are progressive though aren’t they?

If you have a moment, what’s the diameter of the front springs at the adjustment collar? Do they taper down to 2.5”?

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                Springs are progressive though aren’t they?

If you have a moment, what’s the diameter of the front springs at the adjustment collar? Do they taper down to 2.5”?
                I don't believe they're progressive.

They taper down to 60mm up front IIRC. I'm going to use a spacers or custom spring perch so I can run 2.5" springs.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I called H&R just to ask, they confirmed it's progressive. They also refused to disclose their spring rates, but then how did someone get the 360/685 number?...

I fucking hate companies that do that. Makes me want to just forget about their product and go with TCKs – my thought was that the FCM stuff seemed alluring down the road, so I wouldn't have to buy dampers twice.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                    I called H&R just to ask, they confirmed it's progressive. They also refused to disclose their spring rates, but then how did someone get the 360/685 number?...

I fucking hate companies that do that. Makes me want to just forget about their product and go with TCKs – my thought was that the FCM stuff seemed alluring down the road, so I wouldn't have to buy dampers twice.
                    Interesting timing on this question. FCM just received my H&R coilover kit and measured the springs for me. Fronts are ~323 lbs/in and rears are ~445 lbs/in. This puts the bounce frequencies at 1.84Hz front and 1.64 Hz rear or as Shaikh put it "pitchville". Sorry H&R, cat's out of the bag...pun intended haha!
                    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Rears can not be 445lb. They might be a progressive 445-700lb or something but not a linear 445. You'd be on bumpstops all the time. Unless he's measuring at the wheel somehow? Which would mean 445 / 2/3rds = 674 which sounds right.

Funny if the fronts are 323lb, I chose 325lb for myself and feel it's really perfect.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Stock rear springs are around 380 aren't they?

Comment

Something like 385-685 from memory. Progressive. Fronts were like 143lb/in, but linear. Looking at the fronts, I would have guessed progressive as well. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the fronts were actually something like 143-300lb, but I have no proof.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	49B32637-0471-4387-962C-8D83E07109F2.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	57928

I don’t know what’s goin on, but this winter all my long time project goals with hard to acquire parts are coming together all at once. Not sure I’m going to have any more mods I want to do, come spring.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              Rears can not be 445lb. They might be a progressive 445-700lb or something but not a linear 445. You'd be on bumpstops all the time. Unless he's measuring at the wheel somehow? Which would mean 445 / 2/3rds = 674 which sounds right.

Funny if the fronts are 323lb, I chose 325lb for myself and feel it's really perfect.
                              Here is the data. Looks linear.

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	49B32637-0471-4387-962C-8D83E07109F2.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	57928

I don’t know what’s goin on, but this winter all my long time project goals with hard to acquire parts are coming together all at once. Not sure I’m going to have any more mods I want to do, come spring.
                                What am I looking at here?

Comment

Working...
                                X