Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Here is the data. Looks linear.

Can you regurgitate it? Do all pressure? dynos look like that?

Afaik, all springs are technically progressive? They're all harder to compress, as you're compressing them.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Can you regurgitate it? Do all pressure? dynos look like that?

Afaik, all springs are technically progressive? They're all harder to compress, as you're compressing them.
      Hooke's law: resistance force = spring constant × distance compressed. Force is linear with distance compressed, so force vs distance graph is a straight line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post

What am I looking at here?
        817.3 DSC module— the zcp/csl module. More track focused/racey ABS and allows separate buttons for DSC and M track mode (so I can quickly turn off dsc again).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
          I called H&R just to ask, they confirmed it's progressive. They also refused to disclose their spring rates, but then how did someone get the 360/685 number?...

I fucking hate companies that do that. Makes me want to just forget about their product and go with TCKs – my thought was that the FCM stuff seemed alluring down the road, so I wouldn't have to buy dampers twice.
          H&R Germany were more forth-coming .

Andy they said the springs were progressive front and rear....

The kit I am referring to is PN: 29355-1
          Last edited by Mike RT4; 09-25-2020, 03:06 AM.

Comment

So FCM says they're linear, but the manufacturer says progressive?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              So FCM says they're linear, but the manufacturer says progressive?
              The manufacturer has said they’re linear and said they’re progressive, depending who they’re talking to. They told me linear 🙄

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Lol of course!

I just saw a set of H&R sport springs for sale by member Ramo/S54.m3 and you can see the coils wound more closely together at the top vs. bottom which would indicate "progressive" to me. Though that's the lowering springs, I'm not sure how different their coilover springs are, if they're different.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

817.3 DSC module— the zcp/csl module. More track focused/racey ABS and allows separate buttons for DSC and M track mode (so I can quickly turn off dsc again).
                  That’s a thing?! So what buttons will you be using now to activate/deactivate those?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

That’s a thing?! So what buttons will you be using now to activate/deactivate those?
                    I have an e39 washer stalk installed that has an “S” button on the end (where the BC button is on the turn signal stalk). On the e39 it’s used for high intensity wash. I’ll be using it for M Track Mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l400.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	58372

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I have an e39 washer stalk installed that has an “S” button on the end (where the BC button is on the turn signal stalk). On the e39 it’s used for high intensity wash. I’ll be using it for M Track Mode.

Is that easy to code?

Comment

This will be very cool!!! Wiring required?

Comment

Isn't this version of the module also flashable with some"race" firmware? I remember reading something like that on some Porsche forum. Or maybe the "race" firmware is really just the ZCP ABS.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Is that easy to code?
                            No coding needed-- it's what the module expects, as it's what the steering wheel button on the ZCP/CSL does. I just don't want to do that, as I very much like having the steering wheel controls.

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

This will be very cool!!! Wiring required?
                            You need to run one wire from the stalk to the mk60. It just needs a momentary ground— which is what this switch provides.

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Isn't this version of the module also flashable with some"race" firmware? I remember reading something like that on some Porsche forum. Or maybe the "race" firmware is really just the ZCP ABS.
                            The 813.3 and 817.3 DSC (this one) modules can be flashed with the Motorsport software— which was BMW’s race car ABS. But, you lose all DSC doing so, and my car sees (lots of) street use— so I won’t be doing that.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban

The 813.3 and 817.3 DSC (this one) modules can be flashed with the MotorSport software— which was BMW’s race car abs. But, you lose all DSC doing so, and my car sees (lots of) street use— so I won’t be doing that.
                              Cool yeah that's what I thought. Any idea on the complexity of the coding? Might be fun to experiment with and without on track if flashing the thing is easy enough.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I've been looking for this part for a while. I actually installed and wired in the switch back when I was doing my weight saving stereo project.

photo I took in July 2018:

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	58503

And from the day I installed the seats:

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	58504

And when I swapped to a full alcantara steering wheel you can just see it peaking out from behind:

Name:	IMG_3413.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	58505

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X