Robs E46M Rosso Corsa Street Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robgill View Post
    Starting to feel like spring here in NYC! Got out last weekend for a run up Storm King with EYEHAVEYOU, two of my favorites reds!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	51040825536_ac3712cc0f_b.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	91693

I've also started to ramp up prep for my rear sub frame rebuild. I keep waffling on what bushings I want to use. I do not want to add any NVH but I can also tell a lot of difference between this car and my silver track car. So looking for a happy medium. Currently my plan is the following:
    • Rear Trailing Arms - Turner Motorsport Sealed Monoball (Currently installed and love them)
    • Outer Control Arms - Rogue Engineering Bearing (These are installed on my track car for last 5 years no issues and no NVH)
    • Inner Control Arms - Rogue Engineering Bearing (These are installed on my track car for last 5 years no issues and no NVH. Additional bonus, they can be torqued down while not at ride height which means I can assemble the sub frame off the car)
    • Sub Frame Mounts - OE (alternative would be solid or Ply 95A but lot of conflicting info on NVH...)
    • Diff Mounts - OE (will match sub frame)
    I have a spare set of half shafts so I can pretty much build the entire subframe in advance and just swap in the diff! Going to replace the boots on the half shafts as well as the hubs and wheel bearings. I'm also going to try treating the hubs with black oxide to fight rust.

Name:	51011593923_3993a8dc1c_b.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	91694

Name:	51012402272_906f0535e8_b.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	91695

Plus another pick of the brakes just 'cuase I like looking at them

Name:	51040831386_f3f32eb2ec_b.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	91696

Hi Rob,

Just curious…

Do the Inner and Outer RE Bearings create a significantly harder Ride Quality?

I’m currently using Powerflex Black Series Bushings (95A hardness).

I was thinking of going to new OEM ball joints which are now prescribed in this area, however I was always curious on the RE bearings for use on a street car, especially with our harsher winters for street driving.

Also, How often do you have to service the bearings?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    Your car is exceptional!

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post

Hi Rob,

Just curious…

Do the Inner and Outer RE Bearings create a significantly harder Ride Quality?

I’m currently using Powerflex Black Series Bushings (95A hardness).

I was thinking of going to new OEM ball joints which are now prescribed in this area, however I was always curious on the RE bearings for use on a street car, especially with our harsher winters for street driving.

Also, How often do you have to service the bearings?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
      Your car is exceptional!
      Hey! I haven't installed these yet on the Rosso M3 but I have had them on my Silver street/track car for the last 5 years / 20k miles. Most of that milage is on the street and some has been in harsh weather and they have held up fine with no rebuilds. When I compare the Rosso car (currently all OE) with the Silver car I have basically no difference in NVA from the bushings. Thats why I've decided to install them on the Rosso M3, which I plan on doing this winter when I rebuild the entire rear subframe with the parts above.

Comment

Rob - this car is AMAZING. So well done. I can't wait to see it again!
        2005 M3 - SGM, 6MT, Impuls Cloth, Slicktop
        2022 M3 - BRG, Tartufo, xDrive​

Comment

Originally posted by Malloy View Post
          Rob - this car is AMAZING. So well done. I can't wait to see it again!
          Thanks Mike!! Awesome event, lot of inspiration for this build 👍.

Comment

this car was the show stopper.....even more beautiful in person. Nice meeting you and the car.

Comment

Couple pics from the 46M.East meetup! Such a great event. Also signed up for the Turn 14 event near Philly on the 12th. Putting the TE37s back on for that one.

Name:	51201469155_0fe6b85eab_b.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	109176
              Thanks to @vinrino for these!

Name:	51222465885_96897d1d69_b.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	109177

Name:	51221599363_994994bd9c_b.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	109178

Comment

Wow. Talk about perfection 🤤

Comment

I much prefer these wheels than the TE37's! Looks so good mate!

Comment

By the way Rob,

They make black EZ Pass covers with black EZ Pass Strips / 3M interlocking strips if you want to hide the white tag in the windshield.

Leather ones are also available on Amazon.

EZ SKIN Bundle: Silicone Skin for EZ Pass + Silicone Pad to Cover the Back + Black Interlocking Strips + Alcohol Prep Pad = Discreet Look INSIDE & OUTSIDE Your Car! (Fits EZ Pass Mini, Latest Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDJJPWH...H05KF5G697Q49D

Comment

Originally posted by ClevoCapri View Post
                      Agreed! Currently I have Cup 2's on the 19' CSLs which aren't the best street tire and I use them primarily on the track car. What I want to do is get a second set of silver CSLs with PS4s's 😀
                      By the way Rob,

They make black EZ Pass covers with black EZ Pass Strips / 3M interlocking strips if you want to hide the white tag in the windshield.

Leather ones are also available on Amazon.
                      Thanks, just ordered!

Comment

Originally posted by ClevoCapri View Post
                        Agreed, rarely seen TEs improve a car's look.

Rob, car looks good, very unique. Never cared for imola which is too brown for me, this is a proper red.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Couple interior updates. I was getting a code for the drivers belt buckle so I decided to go ahead and just replace both the drivers and passengers buckle receptacles. I always planned on pulling the seats back out to finalize the wiring and try heating the orange buttons to bring the color back. Took the easy way out and just bought new ones 😂. Also replaced the belt harness (yellow plug holder and tensioner wire) as they were pretty cheap.

Seats out for hopefully the last time in a long time!! I've gotten way too good at doing this:

Name:	51260425091_63ba088b6d_b.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	112598

Name:	51261471525_3c822848ae_b.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	112599

New buckles installed:

Name:	51260627153_13a033378a_b.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	112600

While I had the seats out I also replaced the degraded sound deadening mat in the under the back seats. Wanted to quite the interior exhaust noise a little more for more induction noise:

Name:	51261471515_2d3acfa9bc_b.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	112601

And one minor detail was refitting the original seat trim rails. Took some minor modification but they fit!

Name:	51219241305_682d050532_b.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	112602

Comment

Rob,

Did you notice any significant difference in sound on the highway, with the dynomat under the rear seats?

Just curious…

Comment

Rob,

Did you notice any significant difference in sound on the highway, with the dynomat under the rear seats?

Just curious…
                              Hard to say for sure. I don’t think it had a big impact on overall road noise. Longer term when I do the rear subframe I want to spray the underbody and inner fenders with something like Boom mat spray. I think that will have bigger impact on road noise.

Comment

Do you happen to be at Lime Rock today? Had a buddy there with his LRP e92 and sent me an e46 headed the opposite direction. Looked a little too bright to be Imola
                                2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X