No announcement yet.

Liam821's Phoenix Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the model of the ITG filters? I have a spare SMG intake manifold I can take apart so I would try this setup this summer before going with a Karbonius CSL intake next year.
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
      What’s the model of the ITG filters? I have a spare SMG intake manifold I can take apart so I would try this setup this summer before going with a Karbonius CSL intake next year.
      They're model JCS-11. I picked them up here: https://itgfilters.net/products/itg-...er-sock-jcs-11
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

If anybody wants a set of the trumpet clamps I made, just hit me up and I can share the STL or print you a set.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
          My car was originally an SMG and had an SMG accelerator pedal. I hated how it had the kick-down to go full-throttle unlike the manual cars, let's fix that.

Undo all the screws

The kick down just slides in (on the right of this picture). Pull that out and put it back together, no more kick-down to go full-throttle.

All for now...
          Hey I was just browsing your journal and came across this gem. I'm new to SMG and thought my pedal was broken and was planning on replacing it!! What was the point of this "kick-down", and any down side to removing it vs installing a new manual pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Hey I was just browsing your journal and came across this gem. I'm new to SMG and thought my pedal was broken and was planning on replacing it!! What was the point of this "kick-down", and any down side to removing it vs installing a new manual pedal?
            They're literally identical (manual and smg) except for the little piston thingy that adds a bit of pressure for the kick-down. The point is after you push through that the SMG in auto mode will drop down to the lowest possible gear for maximum acceleration - but that kick-down point is so you don't accidentally push to that point unless you really want it. I didn't mind it for a SMG car and was useful but with a manual car, it's just annoying.

Either way, if you don't like it, it's super easy to change. Remove the pedal, pop the cover off, slide out the push-down piston, put the cover back in, reinstall. You can revert back anytime.

Comment

Ooooooooooo look what's finally in the mail...

Comment

I'm finally getting around to installing the PureTech rear X-brace. Install was pretty simple, the instructions were good. Still, drilling through the floor of the car is a bit nerve-wracking!

Just test fitting...

I haven't put the carpet back in the car since I repaired the subframe a year ago. So once I finish the X-brace install I'll trim the carpet and get it all reinstalled again. I also ordered some 9" shock adjustment knobs from FA so I can stick that through the carpet as well.

Also, these finally showed up at my door!

Just loving the color!!

Couldn't wait to see what they looked like. I get tires fitted on Monday

More to come!

Comment

Those wheels look amazing
                  2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

Did you do a top side reinforcement or just plates on the bottom and the pure-tech x brace?
                    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
                      Those wheels look amazing
                      Thanks! I wanted something different and absolutely love the "gun blue" gunmetal color. Lots of hints of blue which look great on PY.

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
                      Did you do a top side reinforcement or just plates on the bottom and the pure-tech x brace?
                      Just the plates on the bottom, pure-tech x-brace, and the bmw foam (which I haven't actually done yet, I've been really busy, but hopefully here shortly).

Comment

Are those wheels 9.5 squared?
                        Love the calipers and wheel combo.

Comment

Originally posted by akshon View Post
                          Are those wheels 9.5 squared?
                          Love the calipers and wheel combo.
                          Thanks, and yeah, 18x9.5" squared with 265/35R18s all around. I just had the tires fitted yesterday.

Just waiting on a spacer that comes tomorrow and it can finally go back down on its wheels.

All finished

And the boot floor put back together

Comment

Those wheels look absolutely killer! That JDM 5 Spoke looks great on the m3.

Comment

Can’t wait to see this on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Bgexpress View Post
                                Can’t wait to see this on the ground
                                Wait no more!

Comment

Working...
                                X