Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camissa Talks E60 M5 (and it isn't good).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camissa Talks E60 M5 (and it isn't good).

Cliffs:

1. Hated the way it looked.
    2. Was hugely disappointed by it when first reviewed.
    3. Exhaust note from inside isn't good, slightly better from the outside.
    4. Engine is crazy good.
    5. SMG is better at wide open, but horrid around town.
    6. Gearing too long for the manual.
    7. M division didn't want to put a manual in the car but the SMG wasn't selling.
    8. Rubbery shifter in the manual.
    9. Overall didn't like it and wouldn't own one.

Man, rough one.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

In terms of looks, both the E9X M3 and E60 M5 (which followed the E46 M3 and E39 M5, respectively) were objectively worse looking vehicles with better engines.

Comment

The engine needs another chassis IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
        This. The hot ticket is the s85 with a dct in an e46m3 chassis.
        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

This. The hot ticket is the s85 with a dct in an e46m3 chassis.
          I'd prefer the S62 in the E46 chassis as Hartge and BMW did something similar in the early 2000s.

For the electronics to work seamlessly and keep chassis/engine combo from the same era, I'd choose the combos below:

S65 in an E82 1M clone

S85 DCT or E9XM manual box in a carbon roof E92 M3

Looks wise, I'd go for an E90 over the E60 everytime.

Comment

S65 in an E82 1M clone
            This sounds like an amazing combination. Maybe one day...

​​​​​​I'd personally rather see the S85 in an E85/E86. Both combos would make appropriate projects for us two
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

This sounds like an amazing combination. Maybe one day...

​​​​​​I'd personally rather see the S85 in an E85/E86. Both combos would make appropriate projects for us two
              Yeah, completely forgot about that swap. There is a company that does the S65 in the E85/6 chassis which I really like without the Z8 body kit, but there is probably enough room to squeeze in the S85. E85 with the S65 manual would make a perfect cobra-like roadster.

Comment

Good god....
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

The E60 M5 is an engineering masterpiece. Haters have no idea.

The fact that i can pack-up the family for a month, do 300kph+ whiles the wife and kid is sleeping at the same time listen to music crystal clear stereo at low volume, whiles enjoying the sound of a glorious V10... 🤌🏾. And when it comes to corners, it can handle its own.

I've own a lot of BMW's, and its favorite by far. The S85 with any exhaust ruin the experience as the exhaust volume over powers everything. Not to mention they all sounds like shit.
                  The Stock Original exhaust is just Perfect!

I suggest anyone that hate this car to take this car for a long road trip (2500-4000km) with your family. Make sure maintenance is on point or else Good luck with it not breaking!!🤣🤣🤣

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220815_102145488~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.7 KB ID:	239453
                  Last edited by ZiMMie; 10-26-2023, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post
                    The E60 M5 is an engineering masterpiece. Haters have no idea.

The fact that i can pack-up the family for a month, do 300kph+ whiles the wife and kid is sleeping at the same time listen to music crystal clear stereo at low volume, whiles enjoying the sound of a glorious V10... 🤌🏾. And when it comes to corners, it can handle its own.

I've own a lot of BMW's, and its favorite by far. The S85 with any exhaust ruin the experience as the exhaust volume over powers everything. Not to mention they all sounds like shit.
                    The Stock Original exhaust is just Perfect!

I suggest anyone that hate this car to take this car for a long road trip (2500-4000km) with your family. Make sure maintenance is on point or else Good luck with it not breaking!!🤣🤣🤣

Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20220815_102145488~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.7 KB ID:	239453
                    I never really bonded with the SMG e60M. But, now that it's 6mt (and with a diff already)... I kind of love it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

On the whole, I like Camissa, but sometimes all his taste is in his mouth.

I did not like it until I saw it in person - images don't do it justice.

I would love to have one as a daily, but the repair and maintenance costs are terrifying.
                      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

S65 in a 1M would be insane!

Comment

Working...
                        X