E91 manual swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E91 manual swap?

I have been searching for a new daily, but its hard to get excited about anything for the money I am willing to spend. I want something fun and interesting but still mostly practical. Civic Type R looks fun, but I don't know if I can get past the huge rear wang. Golf R would be great, but I cannot live with all the haptic controls and the absurd infotainment system. I am thinking my old E91 would be a lot more fun with a manual, but I have not found too much out there regarding a manual swap. Anyone here ever manual swap an E9X with an N52?
    Old, not obsolete.

Originally posted by D-O View Post
    I have been searching for a new daily, but its hard to get excited about anything for the money I am willing to spend. I want something fun and interesting but still mostly practical. Civic Type R looks fun, but I don't know if I can get past the huge rear wang. Golf R would be great, but I cannot live with all the haptic controls and the absurd infotainment system. I am thinking my old E91 would be a lot more fun with a manual, but I have not found too much out there regarding a manual swap. Anyone here ever manual swap an E9X with an N52?
    E91s already come in manual, so it should be pretty straight forward, is it xdrive?

Comment

See this beautiful thread i was subbed to a few years ago.
      I am pretty sure I am one of the first list to put such a list together. Im cant guaranty this is all the parts you need for a manual conversion but it should cover most of it. Due to the relative youth of the E90 there isnt much information on how to do major things like
      Last edited by inlinesix123; 09-17-2024, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks neighbor. I have also run across this: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1802322

Lots of good stuff in both places, but I am hoping to communicate with someone who has done it.

Not xdrive. Base model.
        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

The coding part is pretty easy.
          • Change VO with NCSEXPERT to remove the automatic, option $205, and write this to CAS and FRM.
          • Code factory settings with NCSEXPERT to DME, DSC, CAS, FRM, KOMBI, ACC, LDM, etc modules
          • Flash DSC module using WinKFP
          • Flash DME with manual tune using WinKFP
          Google around and you'll find a bunch of DIY / videos.

It also looks like https://www.bimmerlabs.com/ can help you with the coding of the DME if you don't want to do that part.
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
          Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Working...
          X