NCS EXPERT, NCS DUMMY Interesting Functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCS EXPERT, NCS DUMMY Interesting Functions

Hey guys, i just recently coded my car and found it pretty easy to do since i got the hang of it, i initially coded it from SMG to 6MT, and now i've messed with NCS Dummy in the GM5 and the LSZ modules, i'm really happy with how easy it was to make my car a tiny bit more unique but i'm still curious to what other interesting functions my car can do, someone in the forum asked me if i know how to enable triple flashing brake lights when you break hard so it's easier to see, and i ask myself how can i enable triple blink turn signal since i find it pretty annoying having to hold it down, i would like to hear peoples suggestions in what other functions there's out there.

Thanks!

Adam
    Last edited by E46 Adam; 04-13-2020, 10:38 PM.

Originally posted by E46 Adam View Post
    Hey guys, i just recently coded my car and found it pretty easy to do since i got the hang of it, i initially coded it from SMG to 6MT, and now i've messed with NCS Dummy in the GM5 and the LSZ modules, i'm really happy with how easy it was to make my car a tiny bit more unique but i'm still curious to what other interesting functions my car can do, someone in the forum asked me if i know how to enable triple flashing brake lights when you break hard so it's easier to see, and i ask myself how can i enable triple blink turn signal since i find it pretty annoying having to hold it down, i would like to hear peoples suggestions in what other functions there's out there.

Thanks!

Adam
    Only 2006 M3s came from the factory with LCMs that have the triple flash functionality. If you have a 2004 or 2005 M3, your LCM will be flashable via this method: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...blink-and-more

If you have an earlier M3, you could grab a newer LCM (most cost effective would be to get one of those 2004/2005 modules and flash it by the above method).

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Only 2006 M3s came from the factory with LCMs that have the triple flash functionality. If you have a 2004 or 2005 M3, your LCM will be flashable via this method: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...blink-and-more

If you have an earlier M3, you could grab a newer LCM (most cost effective would be to get one of those 2004/2005 modules and flash it by the above method).
      Ah okay sweet I’ll definitely look into it, might be too complicated to me so might not do it but do you know if Triple Flash Brake Lights even exists? Or maybe some other cool functions in other modules? Thanks

Comment

Ah okay sweet I’ll definitely look into it, might be too complicated to me so might not do it but do you know if Triple Flash Brake Lights even exists? Or maybe some other cool functions in other modules? Thanks
        Triple flash brake lights no, but you can code the brake lights to blink rapidly if you decelerate very hard and/or hit ABS

Comment

Triple flash brake lights no, but you can code the brake lights to blink rapidly if you decelerate very hard and/or hit ABS

Oh nice, do you perhaps know the name of that function and what module it's located in? i would be happy telling my friend about it.

Thanks!

Adam

Comment

There's a bunch of parameters. Collectively known as Brake Force Display. I can't find a good thread with the options listed, I might just have to read off the coding from my own car and post them here.

Comment

There's a bunch of parameters. Collectively known as Brake Force Display. I can't find a good thread with the options listed, I might just have to read off the coding from my own car and post them here.
              Alright sweet that'll be great i'll get into looking for it as well, thanks my man!

Comment

I think the earlier cars with LED taillights have a form of brake force display with the outer LED's

Code:
                The last clip uses this code:
                BFD_SW1_STUFE2 BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor 1 - aktiv
                BFD_SW2_STUFE2 BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor 2 - nicht_aktiv
                BFD_ABS_STUFE2 BFD Stage 2 activation using ABS - nicht_aktiv
                BFD_SW1_STUFE3 BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor 1 - aktiv
                BFD_SW2_STUFE3 BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor 2 - aktiv
                BFD_ABS_STUFE3 BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor - aktiv
                BLST1_BLST3 Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 - aktiv
                Last edited by ac427; 04-18-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I would set
                  BFD_SW1_STUFE3 to nicht_aktiv instead.

You also have to enable a couple parameters in the instrument cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by ac427 View Post
                    I think the earlier cars with LED taillights have a form of brake force display with the outer LED's

Code:
                    The last clip uses this code:
                    BFD_SW1_STUFE2 BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor 1 - aktiv
                    BFD_SW2_STUFE2 BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor 2 - nicht_aktiv
                    BFD_ABS_STUFE2 BFD Stage 2 activation using ABS - nicht_aktiv
                    BFD_SW1_STUFE3 BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor 1 - aktiv
                    BFD_SW2_STUFE3 BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor 2 - aktiv
                    BFD_ABS_STUFE3 BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor - aktiv
                    BLST1_BLST3 Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 - aktiv
                    i assume this is in the LSZ modules on NCS Dummy, would this also work with a 09/02 Car? i'm about to retro fit LED tails but yesterday i wasn't so successful with adding +LEDH to the VO, help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

i assume this is in the LSZ modules on NCS Dummy, would this also work with a 09/02 Car? i'm about to retro fit LED tails but yesterday i wasn't so successful with adding +LEDH to the VO, help would be appreciated, thanks!
                      Mine is an 04/02 and I retrofitted LED tails no problem. Not sure if this means anything though.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Mine is an 04/02 and I retrofitted LED tails no problem. Not sure if this means anything though.
                        Were you able to code in +LEDH into the VO?

Comment

Were you able to code in +LEDH into the VO?
                          Yup. Did you write a blank FSW_PSW.MAN to the LSZ module after changing the VO?
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Supposedly, every time the code would disappear i'll try tomorrow and i'll keep you updated.

Comment

I tried writting a blank FSW_PSW.MAN to the ALSZ module after changing the VO, i assume a blank VO is just using SG_CODIEREN on the ALSZ, unless i'm doing it wrong and somehow have to clear the file, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X