X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terra View Post
    I would set
    BFD_SW1_STUFE3 to nicht_aktiv instead.

You also have to enable a couple parameters in the instrument cluster.
    Getting ready to code my BFD options soon and I've got all of the LSZ coding parameters figured out, but can't find any information out there about what has to be coded in the cluster. Also, I was reading in this thread that you managed to tweak the thresholds for stage 2. Do you have any more details about this?

Comment

I found the Electronic brake force light for my 09/02 car it's under "ITT_DSC3.C08", i'm still unsucceful onto coding +LEDH into the VO, not sure why but since my led tails have resistor in them i shouldn't even need to code it in however if it'll reduce the chances of burning out Led's i'll take the time to code it in.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 Adam View Post

I tried writting a blank FSW_PSW.MAN to the ALSZ module after changing the VO, i assume a blank VO is just using SG_CODIEREN on the ALSZ, unless i'm doing it wrong and somehow have to clear the file, thanks!
        Yes you do need to clear the file beforehand. Here's the whole procedure:

Originally posted by terra View Post
        VO / FA Changes:

Occasionally when looking up a DIY, you might see mentions of adding an option code to your VO. This will discuss how you go about that. (ZCS Changes will be discussed later).
        • Go back to the FG/ZCS/FA screen mentioned earlier.
        • If you haven’t already done so, read out the VO from your car.
        • Now click “Enter VO/FA”. You might be prompted to select the chassis again, in which case choose the right one.
        • You’ll now get a window to enter the VIN. It should be pre-populated, hit okay here.
        • Now you’ll get a window labeled Enter VO/FA like below. This is where you can make changes. To add a VO code, type it in the box, and click the “Add” button. To remove a VO code, select it from the list, and hit the “delete” button on your keyboard (or if you’re on a mac, Fn + Delete).
        • For the purposes of this guide, let’s say you want to retrofit LED Taillights. What you’ll do is type in “+LEDH” in the box, and click add. Now hit “OK”.
        • From this point, NCS Expert will be basing its coding decisions based on the VO you entered, not what the car has stored in its modules.
        • Now there are a few things we need to do. We want to store this modified VO in your car’s modules, and then we want to actually code the module(s) of interest with your new VO. So let’s start with storing the new VO.
        • Click “Process ECU” choose the AKMB module
        • Click “Change Job” and select “FA_WRITE”. Execute that job.
        • Now click “Change SG/SGET” and select your “ALSZ” module. The FA_WRITE job should still be selected, but if it’s not, change the job to that. Hit “FA_WRITE” again.
        • Now we have to code your car for the new VO. In this case where we’re doing an LED retrofit, I know the only module impacted is the ALSZ module. So we don’t have to select a new module this time.
        • Open up your FSW_PSW.MAN module, and delete everything inside of it. Now save that file. Alternatively you can open and then close NCS Dummy. It will prompt you to blank out the FSW_PSW.MAN file if it isn’t already.
        • Change the job type to SG_CODIEREN, and hit execute job.
          • Since your FSW_PSW.MAN file is blank, NCS Expert will determine how to set every option in your ALSZ module by your VO. After that’s done, your car will now be coded for LEDs.
          • If you had previously customized your ALSZ module, you’ll lose the customizations you’ve made, so you’ll have to add those back by hand.
        Taken from this thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...ith-ncs-expert
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Ohh okay I understand, what I was doing wrong is hitting Sg_Codieren instead of Fa_ Write, i also noticed my SMG code $793 would never disappear from my Vo so I’ll try that as well, I’ll keep you updated!

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Thank you for the good info, the whole time i was not changing the job to FA_WRITE but now that i have i've successfuly removed $793 and added +LEDH to the VO, Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by E46 Adam View Post

Thank you for the good info, the whole time i was not changing the job to FA_WRITE but now that i have i've successfuly removed $793 and added +LEDH to the VO, Thanks!
              Glad you got it working.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
              X