No announcement yet.

MSSMAPPER explaination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also confused by the operating procedure.
    I flashed the Fullbinary created by MSS Mapper with MSS Flasher.
    Engine does not start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36130.png
Views:	328
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	173543

I also flashed the Partial binary, but I get a mismatch error like the attached image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36129.png
Views:	337
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	173542

Are there any necessary steps?

There is an error that the response from master is slow, but there is a possibility of cable failure. (Currently ordering)
    Last edited by mushitaro; 06-28-2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mushitaro View Post
      I am also confused by the operating procedure.
      I flashed the Fullbinary created by MSS Mapper with MSS Flasher.
      Engine does not start.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36130.png Views:	48 Size:	229.2 KB ID:	173543

I also flashed the Partial binary, but I get a mismatch error like the attached image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36129.png Views:	51 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	173542

Are there any necessary steps?

There is an error that the response from master is slow, but there is a possibility of cable failure. (Currently ordering)
      The problem was resolved and MssMapper was able to work in my vehicle.

The fundamental problem was that I ended up using the full binary of another vehicle.
      (The cable was fine.)

Communication is possible by flushing the tune file that matches the Prg file.

Here is how to use MssMapper.

1. Create a full bin with MssMapper. (Definitely use your own full bin.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mssmapper.png Views:	0 Size:	225.9 KB ID:	173891
      * "Init" is the initial value when the engine is started. If you say "1" like me, it starts with tune1.
      * "Master remaps" and "Slave remaps" was okay with a blank.

2. If you want to flash back using Mssflasher, follow the steps below.
      ・Load the full binary created by MssMapper.
      ・Run Flash prg.
      ・Load full binary again.
      ・Select Use full binary check box.
      ・Run Flash tune.

Click image for larger version  Name:	checkfullbin.png Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	173889

※You can also use MSS5x Quickflash ($49) to flash. With it, prg and tune flash in a single run operation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	quickflash.png Views:	0 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	173890
      Last edited by mushitaro; 06-29-2022, 10:41 PM.

Comment

That awesome Glad to hear you got that resolved and thank you very much for updating with new steps.

Comment

I am trying to flash 3 tunes with MSSMapper where the only changed parameters are the following:
          1. Pedal to throttle mapping for comfort and sport mode (valet mode 😀)
          2. Intake and exhaust cam ofssets (K_EVAN1_OFFSET, K_AVAN1_OFFSET)
          With just those, can I use the MSSMapper _without_ having to modify the mapping tables at the bottom of the UI?

Instructions at https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...888#post173888 are very simple if I can get away with not having to calculate offsets, etc.
          2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
          Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
          SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
          ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
          Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Paul helped me offline via email ... the offsets need to be manually entered with the mapping table.
            Slave Remap Address RAM Address
            00089802 00FFE030
            00089886 00FFE034

I added these to the slave remap relocation table starting at 0x1200 in the tune file.
            2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
            Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
            SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
            ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
            Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Working...
            X