Dumb Question-Tell Me This Couldn’t be Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question-Tell Me This Couldn’t be Done

Alright so I am entry level familiar with the tools and figured I would ask a dumb question. I sent my MSS54HP to Kassel who put the CSL tune on the car after I added a carbon air box. The problem is that the Euro tune will not allow NC’s emission equipment to connect, thus the car cannot pass emissions, even though it normally would.

Could I save some form of copy of my entire data, so to speak, load a generic us spec info into the car, add an Alpha N tune, allowing me to get to the emissions test, return home and reverse the process.

Is it just smarter to try to find a second DME I can have coded to the car with a US “tune” and just simply swap them out.

I apologize that this is a very generic question, I’m just trying to figure out how to have the car set up so it can pass emissions on the NC software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Hey man. I'm in the same boat, same state. I have exactly 1 year from Dec 31 to figure this out. I already have a 2nd DME with the full CSL code on it. My Karbonius box is on order. I actually got the inspection done early this year just for this reason.

I think you have to swap some of the hardware tho - in order to get the US spec DME to work, you need the MAF sensor still. I think.

Anyhow, in for the solution. Will be glad to help figure this out too. I currently have bigger fish to fry with the car at the moment, but need to figure this out.
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Yes.

No maf with alpha N, Casita.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I swap dme's when its time for inspection.the simplest and easiest route.

Comment

Working...
        X