Bootloader update MSS54HP & MSS54HP CSL via OBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post

Yes, it allows to write the OEM CSL boot+prog+tune via obd. No need to open the dme.

What is your issue with the Terra's CSL clone fullbinary ?
    INPA and ISTA both don't communicate with the DME and I just can't read codes. When flashing either the tune of the full binary, it takes many tries to get it to be successful. I have had to reset my flash counter twice just to get it to go through. Granted, there was the first install of the CSL box and then about a year later I had to replace my cluster. It was brand new and programmed through a real ISTA real computer. The DME communicated fine then. Obviously the vehicle wouldn't start if it didn't communicate at all and it does. The issue I have is it takes about an hour or two just to get the flashes to go through just to get the car to start. Never had any DME issues other than this specific one. I wouldn't say it's even a DME issue. I'm not the only one this happens to. I'm not savy with programming so it's just a total mystery to me on why this is happening.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post

Yes, it allows to write the OEM CSL boot+prog+tune via obd. No need to open the dme.

it will be super cool if it resets the flash counter before flashing.

Comment

Is there a way to revert a BDM flashed original MSS54HP that has been converted to a CSL clone to be reverted back to the original MSS54HP code?

My original DME had hardware ID of 32300 and after the CSL conversion, now has hardware ID of 32500. I couldn't pass emissions inspection in VA, so would like to convert back to a regular MSS54HP software. However, using my original fullbinary.bin fails with MSS Flasher, as it complains about the hardware ID being different.

It would be great if I could use your program to go back to my original software.
        2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
        ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
        Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Working...
        X