Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help INPA SMG2!

Learn to code! They said. I went to sea. Then firearms instruction. LOL

I am Not stupid. No genius either. I AM lost. I hate asking for help. I figure if if I work at a problem long enough I can just figure it out. I usually do.

Not in his case. I have an enormous suite of software.. IPNA is the only thing that makes any sense right now. I get a good connection. It's in English for the most part.

But I can't figure out how to bleed my clutch or do any kind of adaptations . I will be changing out my failing gps pretty soon.

I need to know Everything I can about maximizing my SMG. I am amputee and cannot drive a 3 pedal car. I love my SMG since 2009. It needs a tune up.
    Eventually I want to load the CSL SMG tune on it. I need a stage 2 clutch from South Bend. I have 360hp motor and I can slip even a brand new Sachs clutch.

Before I start digging into changing the gps and spring and rollers of the tranny....I need to at least know how to know how to work my software.

I'm sort of going around in circles. I get information. But not how to manipulate things to make that information better.

I shoulda learned TO CODE!
    Last edited by BigDave; 09-27-2022, 03:53 AM.

Depending on which version of INPA you have it might not contain any of the SMG utilities. If no one else answers I will look and see what menus they fall under when I get home as I can't remember off the top of my head.

With the full suite of SMG utilities there is only a handful of things you can do as everything is read-only or set via running the adaptations. If you want to make this easy order the software from these guys: https://www.pss-autosoft.net/alt-order.php
    You get everything with a point and click install including DIS packed up in a virtual machine. I highly recommend this if you aren't computer savvy and it is stupid cheap. Some spend hundreds of dollars on shiny engine bits but don't want to spend $45 on software to make their life easy.

1. Bleed.
    2. Run and view adaptations.
    3. Watch pump pressure
    4. Watch temperature.
    5. Shift via the software.
    6. Read/Clear errors
    7. Test accumulator
    8. Other miscellaneous settings and run-time values can be read.

For CSL 255, here is the link:

https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/how-to/upd...-255-software/

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Your version might not have it, which was the situation I was in. I started a thread and eacmen helped me out: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...t-inpa-version
      17 iO1 i3
      16 F22 M235i
      08 E93 M3
      04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Under mine the SMG Adaptations are under shift+f7 while Mike's that is referenced above it was under Shift + F2. I've also seen them under the "Older Models" menu.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

For me I use shift+F8 to get e46 special functions

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEAD1C9C-015A-4843-A93C-702CE03AA6F5.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	186605

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
            Depending on which version of INPA you have it might not contain any of the SMG utilities. If no one else answers I will look and see what menus they fall under when I get home as I can't remember off the top of my head.

With the full suite of SMG utilities there is only a handful of things you can do as everything is read-only or set via running the adaptations. If you want to make this easy order the software from these guys: https://www.pss-autosoft.net/alt-order.php
            You get everything with a point and click install including DIS packed up in a virtual machine. I highly recommend this if you aren't computer savvy and it is stupid cheap. Some spend hundreds of dollars on shiny engine bits but don't want to spend $45 on software to make their life easy.

1. Bleed.
            2. Run and view adaptations.
            3. Watch pump pressure
            4. Watch temperature.
            5. Shift via the software.
            6. Read/Clear errors
            7. Test accumulator
            8. Other miscellaneous settings and run-time values can be read.

For CSL 255, here is the link:

https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/how-to/upd...-255-software/
            Thank you! So sorry. Been working 60 hours a week. Crazy at work. I am just able now to check on my thread.

I bought a two DVD package from the UK that included a while suite of software AND a compatible cable. From here: https://www.bcables.com/

Everything seemed to DL fine except the TIS shop manual. I tried many times and for some reason I cant open that even thought it takes hours to pretend to DL.

Can you tell what type of IPNA I have? Would you mind taking a look at that link? They sent me a packet just as advertised. The cable seems first rate and it does connect. Now that I look at Bcables page again, all I see about SMG is this: "Reset SMG / SSG Function"

I can get in to my clutch diagnostics. A lot of parameters I don't understand. A whole screen of them. But I cant figure out how to DO anything.

I opened the other software and I cant figure out at all what the other do, or how to operate them.

If I have to shell out another $45 to the link you gave, so be it. I DO like the installation for dummies.

I am usually the smartest person in the room when it comes to fixing glitches with our computers at my security job. But I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to ALL this software. It there was a several hundred dollar course on how to utilize all this properly, I would spend that gladly.

I don't even know which position to have the key. Ignition 1(accessory) or ignition position 2....or have the engine running. I feel like a real dummy. Very humbling.

All the problems with my GPS(gear position sensor) and my clutch warning light have totally gone away now that the weather is 75 to 85 degrees in South Florida, instead of 95 degrees in August and Sept when the problems arose.

So, I know my GPS is weak and needs to be replaced. Yes, I would LOVE to relocate my SMG to my smugglers compartment under my hood (2005 M3). One thing at a time.

I have a spare USED but guaranteed to work $250 GPS. No way can I swing $850 for a new one right now.

I want to hold off replacing it until I know i have the correct software to reset adaptations, and tune up my SMG. AND how to use the software properly.
            And thanks for the CSL link. Let me master everything else first.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Jemster View Post
              Your version might not have it, which was the situation I was in. I started a thread and eacmen helped me out: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...t-inpa-version
              I bet you are correct. I dug around for hours and really could not get anywhere to DO anything with my SMG. Oceanside indicates that these guys for $45 (another $45..oh, well. I dont care at this point!) will have The FULL SUITE OF SMG software utilities. https://www.pss-autosoft.net/alt-order.php
              I got my software two DVD's with a cable from the UK. Here. www.Bcables.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed.Alghoul View Post
                For me I use shift+F8 to get e46 special functions

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEAD1C9C-015A-4843-A93C-702CE03AA6F5.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	186605
                My software is FROM the UK (www.Bcables.com) but my laptop screen doesn't say UK on it anywhere when I pull up any of the software. IDK if I have this page. I will check. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                  Under mine the SMG Adaptations are under shift+f7 while Mike's that is referenced above it was under Shift + F2. I've also seen them under the "Older Models" menu.
                  Oh, Christ. I had no idea there were so many versions. I THINK I have the latest version. Not sure. My head hurts...

Comment

Download Mike’s Easy BMW tools for free and never look back.

The only download I found that SMG works out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X