Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Resolved]What Causes CSL Conversion tune to Jerky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on locating the 20x24 map? I’ve checked all the maps in tunerpro and have yet to find anything remotely close to a 20x24 sized map.

Comment

Originally posted by mushitaro View Post
      Thanks to everyone who contributed information to this community.

After running Terra's CSL Tune on my car it jerks below 3500 rpm when running at full throttle. And if this continues, all pistons will misfire.
      When I measured the air-fuel ratio, it shows 10.0 up to 3500rpm.
      I know this issue has already been discussed, but for those of you who have DIY'd this, how did you tune it?
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...2025#post42025

I've seen the thread below mention how to deal with this issue.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...5420#post75420
      However, the heated debate does not seem to have converged.
      Can anyone understand and explain the conclusion of this discussion?

What does "simple" mean in the thread below?
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...5#post42095​

This is what I did.
      ① The fuel injection coefficient of the full throttle map was lowered step by step.
      > does not resolve.

② I turned off the catalyst protection control using Martin's tool.
      > does not resolve.

My vehicle is January 2004 SMG2(japan).
      【Equipment】
      ・Turner CSL Style Intake Kit
      ・MSS54HP
      ・MAP sensor
      ・Stock M3 cam
      ・Euro header(Stock)
      ・Euro Cat(Stock)
      ・Stock muffler

The cam offset is corrected to stockM3 using Tuner Pro.
      Converting the IAT scale to CSL using Martin's tools.
      I used testo to confirm that the map sensor is working.

I've attached the BIN with my changes.​
      Try to cut Fuel injection in full throttle map- based on your AFR its to rich. Another reason could be Overlap. Maybe some vanos maps should be corrected. Which exhaust setup do you have? In your attached bin- there is a lot of fuel in WOT at 2600-3000 i think. Try to cut it and see will AFR change or not.
      Last edited by BMWfanz; 08-10-2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_R View Post
        Any update on locating the 20x24 map? I’ve checked all the maps in tunerpro and have yet to find anything remotely close to a 20x24 sized map.
        They start @0xD356. Three 20x24, all same size/factor. First normal op mode, second Cat heat and last is flap adder.

Last edited by S54B32; 08-23-2023, 12:05 AM. Reason: Wrong map address, sorry!
        …under construction.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who contributed information to this community.

After running Terra's CSL Tune on my car it jerks below 3500 rpm when running at full throttle. And if this continues, all pistons will misfire.
          When I measured the air-fuel ratio, it shows 10.0 up to 3500rpm.
          I know this issue has already been discussed, but for those of you who have DIY'd this, how did you tune it?

Would you mind editing the original post and confirming what the resolution is? Your thread title says "Resolved" so I assume you found the fix. I've skimmed the thread and don't see the fix - would you mind confirming?

Was this the fix?

"2.After adjusting the KF_TI_N_RF_VL (WOT injection) table, the jerks were almost resolved. It showed an AFR around 12.5 with the following injection factor settings. (I can't show you because I haven't been able to integrate the engine speed and AFR..)"
          '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

The linked XDF has them, here's a 3 dimensional plot of the alpha-N map, it shows how much resonance there is between 1500 and 3000 RPM!

Attached Files
            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post

They start @0xD2FE. Three 20x24, all same size/factor. First normal op mode, second Cat heat and last is flap adder.
              Thank you for sharing the information. Looking at the XDF that Bry5on forked to GitHub, the alpha-N main Map address is 0xD356.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
                The linked XDF has them, here's a 3 dimensional plot of the alpha-N map, it shows how much resonance there is between 1500 and 3000 RPM!

https://github.com/Bry5on/MSS54-XDFs...mplete.xdf.txt
                Thank you very much. Are you the one who created this XDF?
                With this, I was able to stand at the starting line of the setting.

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Would you mind editing the original post and confirming what the resolution is? Your thread title says "Resolved" so I assume you found the fix. I've skimmed the thread and don't see the fix - would you mind confirming?

Was this the fix?

"2.After adjusting the KF_TI_N_RF_VL (WOT injection) table, the jerks were almost resolved. It showed an AFR around 12.5 with the following injection factor settings. (I can't show you because I haven't been able to integrate the engine speed and AFR..)"
                  The jerky mentioned in the original post was resolved by adjusting the KF_TI_N_RF_VL (WOT injection) table. Edited the original post.

Comment

Thank you very much. Are you the one who created this XDF?
                    With this, I was able to stand at the starting line of the setting.
                    It wasn’t me who created it, I’d downloaded it at some point and can’t find the source. Regardless, I’ve added it to git so it should be publicly available now as long as one has the URL
                    ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Thank you for sharing the information. Looking at the XDF that Bry5on forked to GitHub, the alpha-N main Map address is 0xD356.
                      Sorry for confusion, I’m not sure from where I got these address.. I have checked it this time on my own xdf and it’s indeed 0xD356. I have edited my post!
                      …under construction.

Comment

Working...
                      X