No announcement yet.

How to BDM MSS54/HP with FGtech Galletto 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galetto clone can not correct checksums in this ecu. Flash unmodified (no need for checksum correction) and modify later with an tool over Obd with checksum correction.
    …under construction.

Comment

Thanks for the help. It looks like everything has worked spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post

Split the file in half in HexEdit or similar.
        This is an interesting solution. Does it matter which half goes onto the master/slave chip?

I was hoping to flash this with an EEPROM reader. Could that work?

Also, if you are having trouble sourcing these AMD chips. I found that MS42/MS43 DMEs use the same AMD chips (each DME has one, and some have the SI0 chip but I think they can be used as well, the AMD datasheet doesn't really specify any differences). These DMEs are pretty plentiful in junkyards, and 2 DMEs can yield the needed chips. I am going to be trying this and can provide feedback on my results.
        Last edited by Joshb556; 02-18-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshb556 View Post
          This is an interesting solution. Does it matter which half goes onto the master/slave chip?
          First half onto master and the second half onto slave.

Originally posted by Joshb556 View Post
          I was hoping to flash this with an EEPROM reader. Could that work?
          Sure, as long as you can get the binary onto the chips you're good.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Where are you guys getting the bdm headers from? I need to get a new dme setup as my old one shorted
            2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
              No other version of the software that I found online worked and I only got it working with the download that includes "FGTech Galletto Edited v1.exe".
              I believe this was because the BDM FW was at 0386 (aka. tool-0386 showing on the BDM V54 2012 SW).

If FW is at 0475 (aka. tool-0475) then the following install should work, "V55 for 0475 all Win.exe"

And yes, Windows 7 x86 version, including running as VM, seem to be lot simpler than x64 counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                Where are you guys getting the bdm headers from? I need to get a new dme setup as my old one shorted
                Following? And bend to solder, i would think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-25583.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	151063

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-25582.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	151062

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post

I believe this was because the BDM FW was at 0386 (aka. tool-0386 showing on the BDM V54 2012 SW).

If FW is at 0475 (aka. tool-0475) then the following install should work, "V55 for 0475 all Win.exe"

And yes, Windows 7 x86 version, including running as VM, seem to be lot simpler than x64 counterpart.

Do you have a working link for the V55 software ?
                  Last edited by cossie1; 01-31-2022, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cossie1 View Post

Do you have a working like for the V55 software ?
                    I am trying with tool 0386.

Comment

Not it.

Following would work, or its equivalent,

fts-105-01-l-dv-p-tr - The FTS is a super-low profile header strip on a 0.050" (1.27mm) pitch. Available in single and double row versions, the FTS features either surface mount or through hole termination. It is available with end shrouds and alignment pins for easy installation.

There is place to request samples as well. Mine came overnight fedex.

Comment

Originally posted by horoto View Post
                        Does anyone have any idea on how to get it to work correctly with an MSS54HP and ST chips in BDM mode?

The eeproms are ST M29F400BB, however it is recognized as AMD 29F800BT in the FGTech BDM software.
                        In fact, running "Read Ext Flash" extracts 1024 kb of bin file. With this file, if I try "write Ext Flash" again, there seems to be no problem connecting to BDM because the flash seems to be working properly.
                        Looking closely at the file, 0x00000 -> 0x7FFFF section and 0x80000 -> 0xFFFFF section have the same binary.

Of course in these setup I can't write a 512 kb CSL master/slave binary. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2857.jpg Views:	1526 Size:	185.4 KB ID:	37703
                        Using tool-0386, which is the clone FGTech V54 i have, using the 1 MB as it was read for writing and recheck with reads afterwards show it does seem to work with ST Micro's, it's just that writing does 2 passes, with second pass writing the same 512 KB data on top of first pass, since there is no A16 line.

Comment

Interesting project.

All of this work is to program the two new ADM EEPROM chips added on the DME board? Why not program them before soldering using any universal programmer? Or better yet, someone with a programmer can pre program these chips and sell them; the users just pay for the programmed chips and solder them to the board, skip the two 10pin headers soldering and the Gelletto tool? Then they can use INPA and WinKFp to access the DME via OBD connector for updating and tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
                            Interesting project.

All of this work is to program the two new ADM EEPROM chips added on the DME board? Why not program them before soldering using any universal programmer? Or better yet, someone with a programmer can pre program these chips and sell them; the users just pay for the programmed chips and solder them to the board, skip the two 10pin headers soldering and the Gelletto tool? Then they can use INPA and WinKFp to access the DME via OBD connector for updating and tuning.
                            This is mostly useful if you want to reprogram an HP DME. Easier to solder the headers on than to desolder the EEPROMs, program and resolder.

If you're doing an MSS54 to MSS54HP conversion, then yeah doing what you suggested isn't really adding any extra work.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

What does BDM mean?

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
                                What does BDM mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X