Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Csl ecu conversion and software

Hi guys
    which is good tuner for csl ecu conversion and software??

Definitely not the only good option, but Paul at PCS Tuning did mine. I have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with him.

Comment

Kassel is an option for all the hardware conversion steps. They also offer tunes although I haven't dealt with those personally so I can't comment on that.

Or if you have an MSS54HP, plan on using a MAP sensor, and don't plan on running the flap you could just get MSSFlasher and load the modified CSL software onto your DME without any hardware modifications.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

My friend he went with kassel and have alot of issues and the biggest is that can't read the car with eny scanner except insta

Comment

Originally posted by And1m3 View Post
          My friend he went with kassel and have alot of issues and the biggest is that can't read the car with eny scanner except insta
          What issues other than scanning for codes did your buddy have?
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Yeah haven't heard the best things about Kassel lately. But once again, I don't have any personal experience with their tunes or hardware DME modifications, so I can't comment on them.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

They got my cam offsets wrong and didn't want to believe me when I told them that was the case. I fixed it myself but they did send a corrected BIN 24hrs after I emailed them the partial of their tune.
              Car runs great, but they did mess with the throttle mapping a bit, right at 4.5k it feels like the sport button is pressed, not a liner pedal.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                They got my cam offsets wrong and didn't want to believe me when I told them that was the case. I fixed it myself but they did send a corrected BIN 24hrs after I emailed them the partial of their tune.
                Car runs great, but they did mess with the throttle mapping a bit, right at 4.5k it feels like the sport button is pressed, not a liner pedal.
                Did that end up fixing the vanos issue? Didn’t they get the IAT scaling wrong too?
                06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

When you leave from stop sign with 15% throttle the car jerking so you need to leave with higher rpms
                  and I drove the car and I'm 100% the car run very rich but we can't take logs because can't connect the ecu with the logger

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

Did that end up fixing the vanos issue? Didn’t they get the IAT scaling wrong too?
                    It did indeed fix the Vanos issue (inlet error code) when I flashed the new offsets. They also did get the IAT scaling wrong. I have yet to open up the modified BIN they sent me, I'll check that out soon and see if they fixed the scaling as well, I def. mentioned it to them. The car feels maybe slightly slower after the flash for correct offsets/IAT scaling, but that's hard for me to say with certainty, I think I am just getting used to the new power and its becoming more and more normal feeling if that makes sense.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by And1m3 View Post
                      When you leave from stop sign with 15% throttle the car jerking so you need to leave with higher rpms
                      and I drove the car and I'm 100% the car run very rich but we can't take logs because can't connect the ecu with the logger
                      How are you trying to connect with the ECU? With the CSL conversion everything is in German (which threw off my indy shop) but it should still communicate with scan tools. I have heard that CSL software can and will mess with the ability of many people to hook up to their states emissions computer.

Also could you re-describe what you mean by the throttle and car jerking? My Kassel tuned DME makes the car run quite rich from the smell of it, need to do some data logging. Im able to view live data with the Testo program and in INPA. Need to find a good data logging program. I saw one that sounded good but forgot the name of it.

Instagram

Comment

You leave from a stop position with the has pedal 15% open maybe less and the car is jerking...you feel like you drive a frog...
                        for the connectivity now you can't use any eobd scanner doesn't connect with the ecu only with inpa and autel maxi but you need to manually choose the car.
                        I have innovate lm2 and you can rec data logs...you can choose 32 channels its very nice and easy and also its wideband but i can't connect to the car

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                          Kassel is an option for all the hardware conversion steps. They also offer tunes although I haven't dealt with those personally so I can't comment on that.

Or if you have an MSS54HP, plan on using a MAP sensor, and don't plan on running the flap you could just get MSSFlasher and load the modified CSL software onto your DME without any hardware modifications.
                          What if it is a manual car with 280/272 cams?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post

What if it is a manual car with 280/272 cams?
                            You can modify the CSL software to work with a manual. You can also change the VANOS offsets to match the cams, but the power you would get with a dyno tune won't be there.

Comment

Yep I just need it to drive to a dyno.

Comment

Working...
                              X