Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning Question: Euro Heaeders + Cats in section 1

Hi everyone,
    I have Euro Headers (SG) with cats in section 1 like EuroSpec, and now and again i will get a CEL for Cat 1.
    I was wondering if tuning it out via ECUWORX would be an option?
    Here are the two options that i saw.​ Not sure if this would even work, or if I should consider other options. My main concern is that by doing this I would be damaging the cats or other components, and I am not entirely sure if it would work at all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 10.04.13 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	101.5 KB ID:	273574​I would also be grateful for any other feedback in general, or if anyone has had this issue before!
    Last edited by inlinesix123; 07-27-2024, 06:16 PM.

subscribing for info. was literally just tinkering with these settings tonight. i diabled both items you have listed, but I have post o2 and egt deleted. euro headers with HJS cats welded in.

Comment

What’s the fault code you’re getting? If you went so far as to put in the cats I would try to see if you can diagnose and fix before trying to code them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Atluisg View Post
        What’s the fault code you’re getting? If you went so far as to put in the cats I would try to see if you can diagnose and fix before trying to code them out.
        Pasting the full error here:

178 KAT-Konvertierung 1

Error frequency : 1

Logistic counter: 40

Motordrehzahl 2560.00 1/min

relative Fuellung 30.40 %

Guete KAT-Konvertierung 1 1.12 -

Grenzwertueberschreitungen 1 5.00 -

aufgetreten vor (rel. BZ) 3.20 h

Grenzwert ueberschritten Fehler abgasrelevant OBD Fehler momentan vorhanden statischer Fehler

Comment

I have the same setup as you, Megan Headers (Which are fairly similar to euro headers), and then stock sections 1 & 2, plus a dinan muffler. It won't hurt your cats, or maybe a little, tbh I've never seen anyone really have an issue with doing such a thing.

I ended up buying a tune from HTE HassanEido, since you don't really get anything out of running catless headers if you don't have a tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
            I have the same setup as you, Megan Headers (Which are fairly similar to euro headers), and then stock sections 1 & 2, plus a dinan muffler. It won't hurt your cats, or maybe a little, tbh I've never seen anyone really have an issue with doing such a thing.

I ended up buying a tune from HTE HassanEido, since you don't really get anything out of running catless headers if you don't have a tune.
            Sure, it's not about the power though, it's about eliminating the CEL that comes and goes.

Comment

Maybe helpful:

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/main-forum/e46-2001-2006/153768-supersprint-headers-and-cats-sap-delete-cold-start-cat-protection-egt-changes
              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Post CAT o2s don't adjust the fuel trims. They only monitor cat efficiency. Far simpler to just turn em off and force readiness for GA emissions.

Headers definitely make power without a tune also.

Comment

Reviving this thread.
                  I cleared codes and Disabled Cat Efficiency first, will drive around and see if CEL comes back.
                  If it does i will commit the second change and keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X