This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TunerPro XDFs, DTCs, A2L, DIY Bench Flash Harness, Swap XDFs COMPREHENSIVE

For those looking, the TunerPro XDFs created by TAP can be found here on github. I have also added XDFs for swap cars, Z3 cruise control addition and wiring.

I am also looking for help to update the wiki with known info:
    Github Wiki

Anyone looking to help collaborate and fix would be greatly appreciated. The issue list is open to anyone to post, but anyone looking to help fix please reqeuest to join. If forking from github, please merge pull requests. There are 2 branches, the orig XDFs from TAP, and the other is currently being updated. I made a branch for the orig just in case we need to reference the orig.

Pic of TunerPro for reference:

Last edited by R3Z3N; 04-21-2020, 09:35 PM.

I have the CSL XDF. Still trying to figure out how to use tunerpro though using a copy of my original bin file

Comment

Therein lies the rub currently, the owners of this forum are scraping the google caches for the old forum topics and posts. Its easy to use tunerpro and edit the tune, to know WHAT to edit and how it affects the rest of the tune...therein lies the rub. Keep in mind Tunerpro is just a way to organize and view the tune info, and you can view each item in different ways, hex, integer, etc, or does that value have a conversion factor. If so, is the info in the XDF correct? Don't work off blind faith.

Comment

All of the CSL binaries found here (Paffy or Terra) assume CSL cams, is that correct? That is, on a non-CSL I'll have to use TunerPro to correct the offsets to those appropriate for non-CSL cams?

Comment

The CSL binaries labeled Terra or Paffy are for MSS54 HP to CSL conversion. The "OS" has been modified to run on the non CSL DME. Other than that, the "tune" is stock CSL.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
            The CSL binaries labeled Terra or Paffy are for MSS54 HP to CSL conversion. The "OS" has been modified to run on the non CSL DME. Other than that, the "tune" is stock CSL.
            Thanks!

After using these binaries I have a couple of questions/comments: (this pertains to the files found in the file path "Unmodified BIN Dumps - Full / MSS54HP to CSL", and I am running a stock MSS54HP DME on a 6MT car)

1. This file contains two modified full binaries (Paffy and Terra), but also two modified partials (labeled MANUAL and SMG). I assumed that the partial labeled SMG is just the partial from the stock file (as the CSL is SMG), and that the partial labeled "MANUAL" was a modified version of the SMG partial to be appropriate for a 6MT car (perhaps by Martyn's tool, or hex editor). This seems not to be the case. I flashed the Terra full bin and then the "MANUAL" partial and the car was giving me an SMG-CAN bus timeout fault code, as well as feeling like it was in limp mode (although no warning lights were on). Acceleration was very slow. I took the partial and loaded it to Martyn's tool which confirmed that it was still an SMG tune. Fixed it up to make it manual with the tool and the car drove great after. Am I misunderstanding the what that "MANUAL" partial was supposed to be used for?

2. The readme in that folder gives the instructions:

"Flash only the program - leave your tune as is (the tune built into the file above is just a standard CSL tune). IE: Flash full binary, then flash your tune, the partial, back. REMEMBER, ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR TUNE AND FULL BINARY! Read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune back to your car."

What I did was: flashed the Terra full binary, took the tune labeled "MANUAL", used TunerPro and the 0401 XDF to set the cam offsets to non-CSL spec, modified it with Martyn's tool to be 6MT, then flashed that tune.

Car seems to run well (a few small driveability hiccups), but I'm wondering about the instruction "Read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune back to your car." What does this accomplish and should I do it? Or did perhaps use of Martyn's ECUWORX tool take care of whatever this change does?
            Last edited by ATB88; 06-03-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

So I just looked at the repo trying to find the full CSL binaries, but couldn't. I thought they were on there (or at least the 7837329 was), but I could only find the partials. I think it would be a good idea to host all of them there (7837339, 7837337, 7837329, 7837331, 7837333, 7837334).
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Yup, no one has offered to share or upload them yet. If I ever get them, I will post them.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

Thanks!

After using these binaries I have a couple of questions/comments: (this pertains to the files found in the file path "Unmodified BIN Dumps - Full / MSS54HP to CSL", and I am running a stock MSS54HP DME on a 6MT car)

1. This file contains two modified full binaries (Paffy and Terra), but also two modified partials (labeled MANUAL and SMG). I assumed that the partial labeled SMG is just the partial from the stock file (as the CSL is SMG), and that the partial labeled "MANUAL" was a modified version of the SMG partial to be appropriate for a 6MT car (perhaps by Martyn's tool, or hex editor). This seems not to be the case. I flashed the Terra full bin and then the "MANUAL" partial and the car was giving me an SMG-CAN bus timeout fault code, as well as feeling like it was in limp mode (although no warning lights were on). Acceleration was very slow. I took the partial and loaded it to Martyn's tool which confirmed that it was still an SMG tune. Fixed it up to make it manual with the tool and the car drove great after. Am I misunderstanding the what that "MANUAL" partial was supposed to be used for?

2. The readme in that folder gives the instructions:

"Flash only the program - leave your tune as is (the tune built into the file above is just a standard CSL tune). IE: Flash full binary, then flash your tune, the partial, back. REMEMBER, ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR TUNE AND FULL BINARY! Read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune back to your car."

What I did was: flashed the Terra full binary, took the tune labeled "MANUAL", used TunerPro and the 0401 XDF to set the cam offsets to non-CSL spec, modified it with Martyn's tool to be 6MT, then flashed that tune.

Car seems to run well (a few small driveability hiccups), but I'm wondering about the instruction "Read off your tune and change 0xE002 from 00 to 01, then flash that tune back to your car." What does this accomplish and should I do it? Or did perhaps use of Martyn's ECUWORX tool take care of whatever this change does?
                  Terra answered most of your questions here :

The CSL binaries Paffy has on the MSSFlasher website do not have all the changes necessary to play 100% nice with the non-CSL bootloader. It mostly works, but notably the ability to read error codes is broken Download a corrected program here (https://nam3forum.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=12984) Flash only the program -
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    So I just looked at the repo trying to find the full CSL binaries, but couldn't. I thought they were on there (or at least the 7837329 was), but I could only find the partials. I think it would be a good idea to host all of them there (7837339, 7837337, 7837329, 7837331, 7837333, 7837334).
                    Here my CSL fullbinaries :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Thanks! Uploaded to github.

Comment

I'm looking for an xdf to allow me to edit the X and Y axis on some tables. Most importantly the "Fuel Injection_INJ Duration *Load Base*". I'm using a hw2001 xdf from the wiki above. If someone can point me in the direction of where to find one, or how to define it myself I would greatly appreciate it
                        2004 M3: SMG->6spd, BW S366 🌽

Comment

Working...
                        X