Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cluster coding with IAT, Water temp and oil temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster coding with IAT, Water temp and oil temp?

Is it possible to code the cluster to switch between IAT, Coolant temp and oil temp, instead of average MPG, remaining milage/ tank, outside temp, etc?

Anyone?

Comment

i've never heard about that so.........subscribed.
      '06 Carbon Black
      Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

This isn't something you can just code in like you can with comfort locks or comfort windows or whatever. So if it is possible, it would require custom software to be written.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          This isn't something you can just code in like you can with comfort locks or comfort windows or whatever. So if it is possible, it would require custom software to be written.
          That’s what I figured
          now who can make this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post

That’s what I figured
            now who can make this happen?
            I am not aware of anyone flashing a custom "tune" (if you will) to a cluster. I imagine there is likely some tamper prevention mechanisms since the cluster displays the odometer value to prevent someone from setting it to whatever they want. You would have a better time getting the ECU to broadcast IAT as the MPG CAN PID.

Or just get one of these:

Would be cheaper and easier than trying to modify the cluster computer software.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I am not aware of anyone flashing a custom "tune" (if you will) to a cluster. I imagine there is likely some tamper prevention mechanisms since the cluster displays the odometer value to prevent someone from setting it to whatever they want. You would have a better time getting the ECU to broadcast IAT as the MPG CAN PID.

Or just get one of these:

Would be cheaper and easier than trying to modify the cluster computer software.
              Can’t sacrifice my air vent completely for anything
              currently have built some gauges in my vents that’s are completely functional

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post

Can’t sacrifice my air vent completely for anything
                currently have built some gauges in my vents that’s are completely functional
                Wow. That's cool as f**k.
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Wow. That's cool as f**k.
                  FYI, I build those per order

Comment

Working...
                  X