Olza’s SMG definition and development - continuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

No you need to update the smg control unit also. That is more important than the dme side which is predominantly related to tractions control and speed calculation.

without the smg side it does not function correctly
    Well I have 3.91 gears on my SMG M3 and it works perfect in auto or manual mode. No issues ever in shifting. What more could the difference be after doing the mod to the SMG DME?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Well I have 3.91 gears on my SMG M3 and it works perfect in auto or manual mode. No issues ever in shifting. What more could the difference be after doing the mod to the SMG DME?
      I have the same question, meant to ask yesterday but I guess I didn't hit the post button. I've never heard of updating anything on the SMG ECU with regard to final drive ratio. I have 3.91 as well and have only applied changes to the main DME via Martyn's tool. I haven't experienced any issues at all so I'm wondering what the changes on the SMG side are.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I have the same question, meant to ask yesterday but I guess I didn't hit the post button. I've never heard of updating anything on the SMG ECU with regard to final drive ratio. I have 3.91 as well and have only applied changes to the main DME via Martyn's tool. I haven't experienced any issues at all so I'm wondering what the changes on the SMG side are.
        Wouldn't the rev matching target be different based on vehicle speed with different final drive?

Id imagine the shifting would be rougher without updating final drive. Unless all the rev match code is in the DME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Wouldn't the rev matching target be different based on vehicle speed with different final drive?

Id imagine the shifting would be rougher without updating final drive. Unless all the rev match code is in the DME.

Rev match settings are in both the SMG ECU, and can be updated via the "CSL 255 tune", and in the DME. I've updated both sides via the ecuworx tools but I hadn't heard of any final drive stuff on the SMG ECU side. I'm not the expert these guys are so I'm hoping they can shed some light. Rev matching on my car "seems" to be fine.
          Last edited by oceansize; 10-15-2020, 05:48 AM.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Rev match settings are in both the SMG ECU, and can be updated via the "CSL 255 tune", and in the DME. I've updated both sides via the ecuworx tools but I hadn't heard of any final drive stuff on the SMG ECU side. I'm not the expert these guys are so I'm hoping they can shed some light. Rev matching on my car "seems" to be fine.
            same here

Comment

File uploaded with default auto mode on start up removed as seen in videos posted.

Simply open file with notepad and save as all file with 0DA extension, replace the one in WINKFP folder GDSMG2 with this new file and flash as normal.

### ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE 255 CSL SMG software ### NOT AN EARLIER CSL VERSION
              Attached Files

Comment

Is there a way to read out the smg firmware? The car we got was supposedly "tuned" but I have no idea what was changed.

Comment

Is there a way to read out the smg firmware? The car we got was supposedly "tuned" but I have no idea what was changed.

If you have the CSL 255 tune then on start you will always be in A3 regardless of where you left it on shut off.

Comment

If you have the CSL 255 tune then on start you will always be in A3 regardless of where you left it on shut off.
                    Yeah I understand. But there are plenty tuners claiming "custom" smg tunes. My gut tells me its just the CSL software plus the CSL DME parameters.

Id like to investigate whether there is actually custom tuning happening in the smg controller or not.

Comment

Yeah I understand. But there are plenty tuners claiming "custom" smg tunes. My gut tells me its just the CSL software plus the CSL DME parameters.

Id like to investigate whether there is actually custom tuning happening in the smg controller or not.

Highly doubtful as Olza was the only person to have comprehensively looked into the SMG codes and decompiled it and wrote a definition file for it.

working on also a way to just download the bin from the module directly like the dme. Haven’t succeeded yet and have managed to damage a few control units trying as they are like the ms43 - not very robust.

Regarding the final drive thing - will report back on this one - I cannot test this as I don’t run a different final drive but I have had others approach me in the past that said there is definitely an issue when racing with just the dme side changed without the smg module final drive ratio changes.

Comment

You guys are Amazing. 🏆
                        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                        Evolve Eventuri
                        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Working...
                        X