Show Me Your Throttle Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Me Your Throttle Maps

Our new car came with a tune on it so did our old car. Throttle map seems to be something that each tuner has his/her on preference for. Curious what throttle maps everyone is using for track? Below I am posting two throttle maps, one from our current car and one from our old car. Curious what people's thoughts are.

Attached Files

This was taken from Polar on M3F and I added in the yellow linear. My Normal is yellow, my sport mode is Polar's 'proposed'.

Throttle Map (proposed) by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/187630651@N03/]
    2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
    2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
    2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
      This was taken from Polar on M3F and I added in the yellow linear. My Normal is yellow, my sport mode is Polar's 'proposed'.

Throttle Map (proposed) by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/187630651@N03/]
      Nice! Seems like the tuners like to add more percentage to this map to make users feel that they are getting alot more power after the tune. Polar's proposed seems more reasonable.

Any chance you have the raw table values or a bin with those values in them?

Comment

This?

I just used Martyn's tools to input the % I wanted.
        2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
        2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
        2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

I also use a linear throttle response for both comfort and sport modes. I figure that the brain can better adapt to and understand a line than an arbitrary curve. For comfort mode I had to set 1% pedal to 0% throttle because I discovered that the system gets stuck in sport mode (SMG won't automatically down shift from 2>1) when you set both modes to the exact same values.

Comment

This?

I just used Martyn's tools to input the % I wanted.
            Perfect thanks!

Comment

This?

Which one is that, the preferred?

Anybody have the stock sport and komfort values?
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Stock

Click image for larger version

Name:	mss54hp_throttle.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	8429

Comment

You are da man!

Comment

I am new to coding, have successfully retrofitted M-track mode and am wanting to adjust the throttle maps and aux. fan table. Which programs are being used to access the throttle maps?

I understand it is a total noob question. Please feel free to publicly shame me and delete this post if you’d like

Comment

Martyn's tool, the MSS5X binary tool from www.ecuworx.co.uk $25 single license.

Comment

I did something interesting with my throttle map. I set Comfort to max out at 65% throttle. It saved me gas and made me actually make a conscious decision before flooring. The power wasn't there until I pushed that Sport button. An addict regulating the addiction...
                        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                          I did something interesting with my throttle map. I set Comfort to max out at 65% throttle. It saved me gas and made me actually make a conscious decision before flooring. The power wasn't there until I pushed that Sport button. An addict regulating the addiction...
                          i did it on mine too, thanks for the putting the idea out there!

Comment

Originally posted by beefaroni View Post
                            I am new to coding, have successfully retrofitted M-track mode and am wanting to adjust the throttle maps and aux. fan table. Which programs are being used to access the throttle maps?

I understand it is a total noob question. Please feel free to publicly shame me and delete this post if you’d like
                            I use TunerPro with the XDFs from the github repo here:
                            MSS54 and MSS54HP XDFs . Contribute to saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

When I pushed the Sport button, nothing happens. When I say nothing, I mean the throttle response is exactly the same as Comfort. I thought my Comfort mode and Sport mode were set to the same parameters, but they aren't. It's like my Sport button isn't activating the Sport map. I push the button and the light comes on, but nothing changes. Have you ever heard of this before? If so, how do I fix?

Comment

Working...
                              X