Show Me Your Throttle Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
    When I pushed the Sport button, nothing happens. When I say nothing, I mean the throttle response is exactly the same as Comfort. I thought my Comfort mode and Sport mode were set to the same parameters, but they aren't. It's like my Sport button isn't activating the Sport map. I push the button and the light comes on, but nothing changes. Have you ever heard of this before? If so, how do I fix?
    Never seen this before. Post your bin?

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm totally new to coding/tuning and just stumbled onto this thread. My car has a custom TTFS tune and retrofitted M-Mode (if that matters) and I've been wanting to fine tune my Comfort setting to improve the initial throttle response a tiny bit (Sport is too twitchy on initial throttle and dont like that its 100% WOT at only 3/4 pedal travel). Like I said I'm completely new to throttle tuning, is it possible for me to tweak my Comfort throttle map? Total noob here hoping I can be enlightened 😊
      Last edited by BigRussia; 04-30-2020, 02:51 PM.
      2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
      Instagram
      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
        Hey guys,

I'm totally new to coding/tuning and just stumbled onto this thread. My car has a custom TTFS tune and retrofitted M-Mode (if that matters) and I've been wanting to fine tune my Comfort setting to improve the initial throttle response a tiny bit (Sport is too twitchy on initial throttle and dont like that its 100% WOT at only 3/4 pedal travel). Like I said I'm completely new to throttle tuning, is it possible for me to tweak my Comfort throttle map? Total noob here hoping I can be enlightened 😊
        If ttfs locked your bin then you'll have to go back to them. If you're able to read the bin file using BMWFlash then you'll be able to change it yourself.

Comment

I brought my laptop out to look at an E46 today so I figured I'd take a picture of my maps. I'll post pictures and tell you pedal to throttle percentage. The first number will be physical pedal percentage and the second will be commanded throttle to that percentage.

Comfort:
          1% : 0
          5% : 2
          10% : 5
          20% : 15
          30% : 24
          40% : 33
          50% : 43
          65% : 50
          80% : 57
          100% : 65

Sport:
          1% : 0
          5% : 6
          10% : 17
          20% : 29
          30% : 46
          40% : 59
          50% : 74
          65% : 85
          80% : 92
          100% :100

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200430_232925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.5 KB ID:	19534

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200430_233022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	19533
          Last edited by Arith2; 04-30-2020, 07:53 PM.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I have been driving with a nearly linear throttle for a few weeks now. I certainly like the improvements that have come from bringing up the initial throttle response dip that exists in the stock comfort mode, but I can now see why there is an increase in response/a curve in the middle as it feels a bit flat. I will be making changes and post up what I get once I am completely satisfied.

Overall I livened up the initial throttle tip in for clutch uptake in comfort mode and dumbed it down because it was too aggressive in sport mode.

Comment

Guys, what you're changing is only half of it! The other map you should be tuning is KF_MD_FAHRER or Driver Demand Torque (8x6 Map; Euro & CSL 0x8298 RPM; 0x82A8 %-pedal position; 0x82B4 %-torque).

OVERVIEW
              "The driver's request is determined by the PWG module in the form of a relative pedal position "pwg_soll", where 0% corresponds to an accelerator pedal that is not actuated, 100% to the full throttle stop of the pedal. This relative pedal position is converted via the map "KF_MD_FAHRER" into a relative driver request "md_fw_rel", which in turn is between 0 and 100%. 100% corresponds to the maximum effective torque "md_e_max". 0% corresponds to the drag torque with hyperbola boost "md_e_schlepp_hyp" (without consumer)."<---------- (doesn't include drag torque from accessories like AC, alternator, H2O pump, engine drag, etc.)

Here's mine for comparison, but don't go too crazy or you'll start throwing error flags and EML lights because torque values aren't jiving!

Click image for larger version

Name:	49842444906_9069922d7c_w.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	19691
              Attached Files

Comment

Most of us can only make changes with Martyn's tool, mind you Brian.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post
                  Guys, what you're changing is only half of it! The other map you should be tuning is KF_MD_FAHRER or Driver Demand Torque (8x6 Map; Euro & CSL 0x8298 RPM; 0x82A8 %-pedal position; 0x82B4 %-torque).

OVERVIEW
                  "The driver's request is determined by the PWG module in the form of a relative pedal position "pwg_soll", where 0% corresponds to an accelerator pedal that is not actuated, 100% to the full throttle stop of the pedal. This relative pedal position is converted via the map "KF_MD_FAHRER" into a relative driver request "md_fw_rel", which in turn is between 0 and 100%. 100% corresponds to the maximum effective torque "md_e_max". 0% corresponds to the drag torque with hyperbola boost "md_e_schlepp_hyp" (without consumer)."<---------- (doesn't include drag torque from accessories like AC, alternator, H2O pump, engine drag, etc.)

Here's mine for comparison, but don't go too crazy or you'll start throwing error flags and EML lights because torque values aren't jiving!

Click image for larger version

Name:	49842444906_9069922d7c_w.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	19691
                  Thanks for that info. Attached is is the same map from the tune that I inherited which matches the stock table for comparison. Seems like you limited the table to 4300 rpm and below? What is the rationale there? The stock table has entries up to 7000rpm.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

If ttfs locked your bin then you'll have to go back to them. If you're able to read the bin file using BMWFlash then you'll be able to change it yourself.
                    Cool thanks, so I guess my first move is to check if the bin is locked with BMWFlash. Mostly likely it is, I doubt TTFS would leave it unlocked
                    Instagram
                    Youtube

Comment

Cool thanks, so I guess my first move is to check if the bin is locked with BMWFlash. Mostly likely it is, I doubt TTFS would leave it unlocked
                      TTFS don't lock DMEs.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Attached is is the same map from the tune that I inherited which matches the stock table for comparison. Seems like you limited the table to 4300 rpm and below? What is the rationale there? The stock table has entries up to 7000rpm.

eacmen, the map I posted is from the CSL tune. A lot of the maps like this tend to focus heavily on low to mid range, while the US and Euro maps tend to target the whole powerband. I assume it's the combination of the different cam profiles, airbox/flap & limited emissions control.

Comment

Never seen this before. Post your bin?
                          PM's!! I email it to ya? Would love to pick your brain

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

PM's!! I email it to ya? Would love to pick your brain
                            PM'd

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post

TTFS don't lock DMEs.
                              You were correct, and I want to say a thank you to you sir! With your tool I was able to finally adjust out that initial throttle dip in Comfort mode. I also made the top part of the Sport mode more linear, I didn't like how it was nearly WOT throttle after only halfway of pedal travel. Driving you'll be at 3/4 pedal and when you floor it expecting more power it'd be just nothing cause was nearly full power already. Also seems like TTFS hadn't messed with the throttle settings, as they matched what seems to be stock values for both modes.

I posted both before and afters if anyone was curious. I mostly test drove Comfort and was happy with the initial throttle response, not crazy and jerky like Sport but responsive, easy to clutch out, and nice for rev matching; I didn't drive the adjusted Sport settings as much but it felt good when I tried it a couple times (as mentioned what I was looking for there was more of a feeling of power delivery in the upper band of pedal travel).

BTW noob question and maybe should've asked earlier, but making these changes to the base bin (in my case a custom TTFS tune bin) with the options in the tool doesnt affect the part of the 'tune' that determines engine tuning and power right? I imagine that's a whole different part of the bin or dme, and requires a whole different program? Just want to make sure I'm not losing my TTFS engine dyno tune with these changes.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by BigRussia; 05-05-2020, 02:41 PM.
                              Instagram
                              Youtube

Comment

You were correct, and I want to say a thank you to you sir! With your tool I was able to finally adjust out that initial throttle dip in Comfort mode. I also made the top part of the Sport mode more linear, I didn't like how it was nearly WOT throttle after only halfway of pedal travel. Driving you'll be at 3/4 pedal and when you floor it expecting more power it'd be just nothing cause was nearly full power already. Also seems like TTFS hadn't messed with the throttle settings, as they matched what seems to be stock values for both modes.

I posted both before and afters if anyone was curious. I mostly test drove Comfort and was happy with the initial throttle response, not crazy and jerky like Sport but responsive, easy to clutch out, and nice for rev matching; I didn't drive the adjusted Sport settings as much but it felt good when I tried it a couple times (as mentioned what I was looking for there was more of a feeling of power delivery in the upper band of pedal travel).

BTW noob question and maybe should've asked earlier, but making these changes to the base bin (in my case a custom TTFS tune bin) with the options in the tool doesnt affect the part of the 'tune' that determines engine tuning and power right? I imagine that's a whole different part of the bin or dme, and requires a whole different program? Just want to make sure I'm not losing my TTFS engine dyno tune with these changes.
                                No, you are not messing up your tune. These changes are adjusting the parameters... the tune is focused on timing, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X