Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

PM's!! I email it to ya? Would love to pick your brain
    Spades. Looked at your tune. Your KOMFORT and SPORT maps look nearly identical (2 percent diff between the two). That is likely why the sport button does nothing you can perceive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.44.24 PM.png
Views:	587
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	21578 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.43.45 PM.png
Views:	586
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	21581 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.44.17 PM.png
Views:	577
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	21583

Your SPORT map look identical to stock but the KOMFORT map was modified to look more like SPORT. The un-dotted line is the stock KOMFORT map.

Attached Files

Comment

BigRuskie, did you edit sport mode as well? Can you post your new numbers that you edited for komfort mode?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Spades. Looked at your tune. Your KOMFORT and SPORT maps look nearly identical (2 percent diff between the two). That is likely why the sport button does nothing you can perceive.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.44.24 PM.png
Views:	587
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	21578 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.43.45 PM.png
Views:	586
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	21581 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 3.44.17 PM.png
Views:	577
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	21583

Your SPORT map look identical to stock but the KOMFORT map was modified to look more like SPORT. The un-dotted line is the stock KOMFORT map.

Woooow, thank you so much!!

I guess I can just adjust back to regular Comfort mode (or try out someone's maps from here). This is awesome, I really appreciate your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          BigRuskie, did you edit sport mode as well? Can you post your new numbers that you edited for komfort mode?
          Indeed I did! And yes look on my post, I had attached before and afters for both Komfort and Sport ('before' being stock to my understanding). Compare the before and afters side by side and you'll see the differences. Happy to explain and hope this helps out anyone having the same personal preference issues I was!

Basically for Komfort I upped the throttle values for the initial pedal travel (the 5-30% pedal range to be exact). I want to say its a happy medium between the stock Sport and Komfort initial throttle values. The stock Komfort initial pedal tip in always felt dead to me and even made the engine feel lazy on throttle blips. It was especially noticeable at the track when getting back on power feeding throttle slowly like for a long sweeper. I wouldn't use Sport mode on track since it was too jerky and aggressive and didn't lend to smooth throttle inputs. I attached the same before and after below (take a look at the throttle values on the right side).
          Click image for larger version  Name:	throttleComfort.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	21716 Click image for larger version  Name:	throttleComfortC2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	21717
          So then for Sport mode I smoothed down the power on the mid and upper band of travel, so that it is a bit more linear and not at nearly full throttle halfway through the pedal travel like in stock. This wasn't to address the jerkiness at the track per se, just to get that kick in the pants feel when you hit the pedal to the floor and feel a rush of power come on. Before it wasn't as evident since you were already basically at WOT without physically being WOT. Before and After posted below, you'll see nearly every throttle value was lowered other than for the 1%, 5%, and 100% pedal ranges.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	throttleSport.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	21718 Click image for larger version  Name:	throttleSportC2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	21719

Again none of these changes are major and wont drastically change the character of either mode, so no need to worry about it messing with what you're used to. But I like to think its a minor improvement that feels natural.
          Attached Files
          2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
          Instagram
          Youtube

Comment

Appreciate the detailed response!

Comment

I employed a similar strategy as Big Ruskie. The deadness right off the line in comfort mode is no bueno. I also dont like switching between comfort and sport and slipping the clutch a little more than usual until i get used to the difference in sensitivity off the line.

I opted to keep the initial throttle tip-in fairly similar between comfort and sport to help have some consistency off the line and avoid slipping the clutch. I originally had a REV 0 to try a numerically linear mapping. Not good. There is a hump in the mid-range for a reason. Must have to do with the flow change vs throttle opening.I also had comfort and sport too similar to where it was pointless.

I will give REV 1 a try for a few days. I cant imagine I will need to touch it much of at all after this. making sport less sensitive and making comfort more responsive off the line is the majority of the battle.

Name:	Throttle Mapping Rev 1.PNG
Views:	412
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	21757

Comment

Beefi, can you post your actual numbers for your "rev 1"s?

Comment

Also, has anyone played with entering a value for the 1% input? Like 1 or 2? All maps I've seen start with 0.

Comment

Oh and here's what Evolve did on my stg 3 alpha N tune. They edited komfort and left sport alone.

Comment

Beefi, can you post your actual numbers for your "rev 1"s?
                      I am set on these numbers. Loved driving around in comfort mode today. Very close to what Evolve set yours to interestingly enough.

Cozymode

Sportmode

Comment

Interesting ya! I feel evolve's plotting is a little too agressive at first, I've never fully adapted to it in 3 years. I'm gonna knock it down to your numbers maybe a hair lower. Thanks.

Comment

"Valet Mode" can be done through throttle input in comfort mode. Basically comfort mode is Valet Mode.
                          Simple and works in the real life. Just enough to be safe in traffic and merging. Of course there is still no speed limiter doing it this method. But 0-100 at a turtle's pace may deter some valet guys.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	33EC1ECD-795E-4659-B7AA-CA6A04014B58.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	23122

I tweaked my throttle maps over a few days of testing and found these to be perfect for my setup and driving style.
                          Sport Mode was way too sensitive stock and comfort mode need a bit more down low.

Comfort Throttle
                          Stock vs Mod

1-0 CM- 0
                          5-2 CM- 3
                          10-5 CM- 8
                          20-15 CM- 18
                          30-27 CM- 33
                          40-41 CM- 50
                          50-53 CM- 68
                          65-69 CM- 80
                          80-83 CM- 90
                          100-100 CM- 100

Sport Throttle
                          Stock vs Mod

1-0 SM- 0
                          5-6 SM- 3
                          10-14 SM- 8
                          20-32 SM- 18
                          30-49 SM- 35
                          40-64 SM- 55
                          50-77 SM- 75
                          65-88 SM- 85
                          80-95 SM- 95
                          100-100 SM- 100

Name:	IMG_4791.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	23125

Name:	IMG_7723.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	23126

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 05-09-2020, 09:26 PM.
                          TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                          Evolve Eventuri
                          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Also, has anyone played with entering a value for the 1% input? Like 1 or 2? All maps I've seen start with 0.
                            I actually thought about this, putting a 1% throttle value for the 1% input on Sport to get that ultimate immediate throttle response (after all isn't that one of the best attributes of our N/A engine? why not capitalize on it ​). But figured it wouldn't be noticeable at all since I assume itd need a throttle value greater than what you already have for the 5% and 10% input values to feel anything, and thus redundant.

Also I thought about how unlikely it is for anyone to have the driving god level foot dexterity to press only 1% of the pedal travel without tipping into the 5% pedal travel range haha. Though I imagine having the 1-2% throttle input wouldn't hurt. If I had many more flashes remaining I'd probably try it out just to see if I ever notice it.

Originally posted by beefaroni View Post

I am set on these numbers. Loved driving around in comfort mode today. Very close to what Evolve set yours to interestingly enough.

Cozymode

Sportmode

Ayye glad to see your tweaks are very similar to mine, very nice! 😁 Reassures me I made the right tweaks haha
                            2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
                            Instagram
                            Youtube

Comment

Ya good point. No one else changes the 0% figure either, so I'll let it be. I, too, "only" have 11 flashes left so I'll be judicious.

What I'm thinking is going back to stock komfort for when the car is cold, then making the evolve mapping my "sport" with minor tweaks like you and beefroni did.

Comment

There's a reason they have it like it is. If the throttle percentage starts above 0, that will now be your minimum throttle. So when you're not pressing anything, it'll start at at least that level. As for why the pedal curve starts at 1% - it's mostly because the pedal might register some fraction of a percent at rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X