MSS5x Binary Modification Tool Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys,

So I've been having some trouble with the way my car is shifting... mods below

2005 ZCP (Jet Black/Imola), 192k miles.

Schrick 288/280 cam (regular lift)
    Schrick coated followers
    CSL airbox (Karbonius)
    CSL OEM snorkel (with working flap)
    CSL air rail/Map sensor combo (TTFS)
    SSV1 headers
    SSv1 section 1 (200 cell cats)
    OEM sec 2
    Scorza exhaust
    3.62 gears
    CSL ECU (H Bridge - to control flap)
    CSL SMG module update "255"
    CSL ECU update

So I have a dyno tune and it's not shifting well. When I downshift, it goes straight to engine braking in S4-6 any any rpm. When I have it in S3 or below, the blips are perfect (but slow on both upshifts and downshifts). I go into MSSFlasher and "SMG Inertia Update", "CSL SMG Shifting/Rev Matching" are greyed out. Does anyone else have this issue? I can't even drive in faster shift levels because I get thrown into the windows, upon downshift. Is there any way to adjust the amount of blip (so that I can match my S3)? Also, during my dyno (DYNO JET) I only seemed to hit 306hp, 242tq... that seems kinda low for all of the mods I have listed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    x Spades x

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
      Hey Guys,

So I've been having some trouble with the way my car is shifting... mods below

2005 ZCP (Jet Black/Imola), 192k miles.

Schrick 288/280 cam (regular lift)
      Schrick coated followers
      CSL airbox (Karbonius)
      CSL OEM snorkel (with working flap)
      CSL air rail/Map sensor combo (TTFS)
      SSV1 headers
      SSv1 section 1 (200 cell cats)
      OEM sec 2
      Scorza exhaust
      3.62 gears
      CSL ECU (H Bridge - to control flap)
      CSL SMG module update "255"
      CSL ECU update

So I have a dyno tune and it's not shifting well. When I downshift, it goes straight to engine braking in S4-6 any any rpm. When I have it in S3 or below, the blips are perfect (but slow on both upshifts and downshifts). I go into MSSFlasher and "SMG Inertia Update", "CSL SMG Shifting/Rev Matching" are greyed out. Does anyone else have this issue? I can't even drive in faster shift levels because I get thrown into the windows, upon downshift. Is there any way to adjust the amount of blip (so that I can match my S3)? Also, during my dyno (DYNO JET) I only seemed to hit 306hp, 242tq... that seems kinda low for all of the mods I have listed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      x Spades x

It's greyed out because CSL software already has the CSL shifting etc baked in

Who tuned the car? Have you tried stock CSL software to see if it's tune related? Probably best to start a new thread if you haven't already.
      Last edited by Martyn; 04-13-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by E46 Adam
        Hey, I’ve been using your software for a while now and whenever I enable "Burble / Pop on lift off" , I can’t seem to be able to turn it off, any fix coming soon for it?
        You'll just need to revert to a partial without it enabled unfortunately.

Comment

Fun program! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post

It's greyed out because CSL software already has the CSL shifting etc baked in

Who tuned the car? Have you tried stock CSL software to see if it's tune related? Probably best to start a new thread if you haven't already.
            I see, :-)

It's a TTFS tune... I'm thinking the shifts are altered in the higher shift levels. How do I adjust to stock CSL shifts? I am that dude that will brick his ecu, as I've already done it once in the past... :-(. I created a thread, about a week ago, but no responses.
            Last edited by x Spades x; 04-13-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

You'll just need to revert to a partial without it enabled unfortunately.
              Is this how any and all changes are undone?
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Awesome Martyn!
                17 iO1 i3
                16 F22 M235i
                08 E93 M3
                04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

I'm thinking the shifts are altered in the higher shift levels
                  Frank uses stock CSL settings on CSL clones and non CSL clones so it won't be that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Is this how any and all changes are undone?
                    No, it's only for files that have the Evolve tune applied, or have the backfire / burble applied.

Comment

Frank uses stock CSL settings on CSL clones and non CSL clones so it won't be that.
                      Do your blips cover you revs completely, or does it cut the blip in half and engine brake? Can you take a look at my bin to see all the values? I can pay for your time...

Comment

Do your blips cover you revs completely, or does it cut the blip in half and engine brake? Can you take a look at my bin to see all the values? I can pay for your time...
                        My blips = stock CSL blips.

E-mail me the bin and i'll take a look when I get 10 mins.

Comment

No, it's only for files that have the Evolve tune applied, or have the backfire / burble applied.
                          Martyn, by "evolve tune applied," do you mean the tune that one can purchase from within your tool? My car was tuned by evolve in late 2017- I just want to make sure I'm ok because I didn't quite understand what you meant.

After editing the partial .bin in your tool, I assume I flash it with bmwflash (or mssflasher) rather than use evolve's software correct? Because I no longer have a .mod file, now only a .bin.

Thank you
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Martyn, by "evolve tune applied," do you mean the tune that one can purchase from within your tool? My car was tuned by evolve in late 2017- I just want to make sure I'm ok because I didn't quite understand what you meant.

After editing the partial .bin in your tool, I assume I flash it with bmwflash (or mssflasher) rather than use evolve's software correct? Because I no longer have a .mod file, now only a .bin.

Thank you
                            Correct, only when applied with my tool. The reason being is noone would revert their car back to stock using my software when you could just flash a stock file.

Yup, BMWFlash and a bin created by my tool

Comment

Got it thank you!
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

My blips = stock CSL blips.

E-mail me the bin and i'll take a look when I get 10 mins.
                                Email sent, thank you so much!!

Maybe the blips need to be adjusted because of the 288/280 cams? I'm not sure if that even matters... any other 288/280 guys in here?

Comment

Working...
                                X