Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverting a DME CSL Conversion Back to Stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverting a DME CSL Conversion Back to Stock?

I have a MSS54HP with a CSL conversion that I want to revert back to stock non CSL. Do I need to go anything special other then find the correct full binary and flash it in? I plan on doing the following:
    1. Swap this DME into my M3
    2. Use Tool32 and follow instructions at ECUWorx to change VIN to match my car
    3. Identify the binary version of the DME. Im not 100% clear on how to do this but I believe I can do it with MSSFlasher by doing a full read?
    4. Download the stock full bin from ECUWorx
    5. Flash it in...

If the DME has the full firmware conversion (boot sector and everything) then you need to flash it via BDM or similar. Flashing an HP binary onto an HP CSL DME over OBD will brick the thing.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

The first thing you have to do is to do a full read of your dme with the tool of your choice (MSSflasher, BMWflash, ...)

Then you can post your file here or send it to heinzboehmer or me and we will tell you how to proceed
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        If the DME has the full firmware conversion (boot sector and everything) then you need to flash it via BDM or similar. Flashing an HP binary onto an HP CSL DME over OBD will brick the thing.
        There are some minor changes to the binary that you can make that will allow a regular US HP firmware to work with the CSL boot sector. terra posted how to do it at one point, can’t remember if that was here or the old forum though. It’s basically the opposite process as the modded CSL firmware on a regular non-converted HP DME. Sorry I don’t have the details, never had to bother with it now that I don’t have OBD2 emissions inspection anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'll pull a full read this week and report back. Sounds like a bigger lift than I expected!

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
            Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'll pull a full read this week and report back. Sounds like a bigger lift than I expected!
            Trying to do the same now. Possible for you to explain how you ended up reverting back to stock from the CSL tune? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Bri54 View Post

Trying to do the same now. Possible for you to explain how you ended up reverting back to stock from the CSL tune? Thank you.
              I actually haven't gotten around to reading the tune to post here for feedback. It's a spare ECU.

Comment

Why not just post in the for sale/trade section? Someone looking for a conversion might be willing to swap you

Comment

Originally posted by skristedja View Post
                  Why not just post in the for sale/trade section? Someone looking for a conversion might be willing to swap you
                  I was gonna say, you can probably sell your CSL DME and buy a stock MSS54HP and make a few bucks in the process.
                  E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                  Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

So two months later I finally got around pulling a full read 😂 (attached). I'm trying to sell this DME now and would like to flash it back to a base CSL tune. Can I just use the file from http://www.msstuning.com/mssflasher.html?

8-13-21_Read_Full_CSL.bin

Thanks! Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X