Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delayed Track Season - Show us your builds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I just make a separate build thread? Cage almost done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_163748.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	10427
    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
    many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post

Sure! I have the cmp reinforcement also and im curious about your thinking on integrating it or not into the cage. I dont have a (weld in) cage yet

Comment

Any plan to tie-in cage to rear subframe? Cause the way your diagonals and X-braces from main hoop to rear shock towers attach to rear shock towers might not pass tech imspection with some organisations. Those tubes are supposed to go to a plate not another tube.
        2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
        2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
        2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Mind posting some pics of how your reinforced the driver's side strut tower?
          Not finished yet. I had to play a bit with the DME housing and cut the cover a bit. Now working to make sure no moisture get in there!

Comment

Almost done reinstalling the interior

And got new Supersprint Stepped V1 headers

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Any plan to tie-in cage to rear subframe? Cause the way your diagonals and X-braces from main hoop to rear shock towers attach to rear shock towers might not pass tech imspection with some organisations. Those tubes are supposed to go to a plate not another tube.

Name:	IMG_20200415_135739.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	13337
              many others

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post
                Been a big year, starting with a full engine rebuild through last summer/fall.
                Details include full overbore/new pistons, raised compression, 272/280 cams, BESIAN rebuild, and all new hardware/bearings.
                Thing sealed up at 3% leak on first fire up.

Over the winter too I started the process of acquiring a few spicy parts:

Testing front caliper clearance;

Car as of yesterday:

Also just placed an order for full SS V1, oversized S1+2, and sport muffler.

Excited to get Hassan to tune this car. With airbox/ exhaust spec, and engine mods, can't wait to see what kind of power this will put down.
                As long as I can piss all over my friend's E92 ;}

Hell yeah! Love it! I need to get him to tune my car as well. Not sure you'll like that sport muffler. SS race mufflers imho aren't even loud and I have the race muffler without cats.
                2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200415_135739.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	13337
                  Perfect, it should pass tech inspection like this. Nice work/welding skills btw, you are doing everything yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Hell yeah! Love it! I need to get him to tune my car as well. Not sure you'll like that sport muffler. SS race mufflers imho aren't even loud and I have the race muffler without cats.
                    Thanks man! Couple more changes in the works too since that post - and still waiting to install the SS system.
                    Im currently running euro headers/rasp pipe/oe S2/SS race.
                    I do really like the race, but it’s a bit tinny and a) want to run a single canister muffler for better tone b) kind of want to equalize CSL box to muffler volume

We’ll see! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post

Thanks man! Couple more changes in the works too since that post - and still waiting to install the SS system.
                      Im currently running euro headers/rasp pipe/oe S2/SS race.
                      I do really like the race, but it’s a bit tinny and a) want to run a single canister muffler for better tone b) kind of want to equalize CSL box to muffler volume

We’ll see! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      Unresonated X pipe made the car sound a lot better. OE section 2 definitely sounded a bit tinny.
                      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Not finished yet. I had to play a bit with the DME housing and cut the cover a bit. Now working to make sure no moisture get in there!
                        Cool...car looks great BTW!

I want to move the ECU to the interior on the pass side for better weight distribution and to allow for a tie in between the cage and strut tower. But if there is a way to tie into the strut tower without moving the ECU...I like that route!

Comment

I've been working on the final wiring harness thinning. Its about a thin as it will ever get now. OE fuse box gone! I even over-thinned it and had to add the brake light switch and LCM back in. Only major change would be if I decide to relocate the ECU.

Re-wrapped it and added some connectors in to make troubleshooting and removal much easier.

Last edited by bigjae46; 04-21-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I've been working on the final wiring harness thinning. Its about a thin as it will ever get now. OE fuse box gone! I even over-thinned it and had to add the brake light switch and LCM back in. Only major change would be if I decide to relocate the ECU.

Re-wrapped it and added some connectors in to make troubleshooting and removal much easier.

Side mount intercooler? Very cool.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Perfect, it should pass tech inspection like this. Nice work/welding skills btw, you are doing everything yourself?
                              The cage work I farmed out. My design, but someone else did the work. I made a build thread: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...rack-car-build
                              many others

Comment

Cool...car looks great BTW!

I want to move the ECU to the interior on the pass side for better weight distribution and to allow for a tie in between the cage and strut tower. But if there is a way to tie into the strut tower without moving the ECU...I like that route!
                                Ok so this is how it look so far. I gave an offset to the tube coming from the cabin but let some space for the hood shock. If you don’t care to lose that hood shock on one side you will have more room and might be able to leave the DME housing and cover intact.

I had to cut the cover a bit (cut way too much at first attempt...) so I installed a rubber shroud with screws and silicone to keep the DME housing moisture free.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9740F1E2-2AEF-478F-B8CA-80D9F6D93212.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	15722

Name:	1D000676-63EA-4A62-9CF9-39475EC4C814.jpeg
Views:	307
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	15724

Comment

Working...
                                X